Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!
 
The Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Forum
Posts: 2,230
Default Philip Rivers gets schooled by high schooler

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,176581

I have 2 thoughts on this.

1. Why do people make big deals over things like this. For one thing, Rivers more than likely didn't give 2 sh*ts about this thing and gave about 16% effort. Meanwhile this kid is hungry and giving 200%.

2. Why do pros put themselves in these positions? They know there's always the possibility of some cat off the street making them look foolish (i.e. Lebron or Devin Harris).
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,978
Default Re: Philip Rivers gets schooled by high schooler

at the end of the day Rivers can throw for 4000 yards in the nfl for millions and the other person can't so who cares?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
ILballa
Hemp Coach
 
ILballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,752
Default Re: Philip Rivers gets schooled by high schooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,176581

I have 2 thoughts on this.

1. Why do people make big deals over things like this. For one thing, Rivers more than likely didn't give 2 sh*ts about this thing and gave about 16% effort. Meanwhile this kid is hungry and giving 200%.

2. Why do pros put themselves in these positions? They know there's always the possibility of some cat off the street making them look foolish (i.e. Lebron or Devin Harris).
Why are you making a big deal out of it by making a thread?
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King
 
OhNoTimNoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,402
Default Re: Philip Rivers gets schooled by high schooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
2. Why do pros put themselves in these positions? They know there's always the possibility of some cat off the street making them look foolish (i.e. Lebron or Devin Harris).

I mean c'mon man what are they supposed to second guess their every move and consider the possibilities of every action.
If they do that then the media will pretty much be able to control some people.

Its easier for them to just do stuff and not worry about it.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!
 
The Magic Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Forum
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: Philip Rivers gets schooled by high schooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
Why are you making a big deal out of it by making a thread?

How the hell am I making a big deal out of it when the sh*t is already in the news. I posted an article that was in todays news and gave my take on it. But it's cool. I'd much rather rate b*tches or talk about Charlie Z's next fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
I mean c'mon man what are they supposed to second guess their every move and consider the possibilities of every action.

Uh.......yea.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy