Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Default Cockblocking Friends

Have you ever had one friend that no matter what, you couldnt get girls around with them around? I had a friend like that for about 10 years. He was so fat. And nerdy. And corny. When he eats, it sounds like a BJ. Constant slurping noises. Always tries to be the center of attention and sticks to be like a dingleberry. Its impossible to get girls around him.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
step_back
College superstar

Default Re: Cockblocking Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Have you ever had one friend that no matter what, you couldnt get girls around with them around? I had a friend like that for about 10 years. He was so fat. And nerdy. And corny. When he eats, it sounds like a BJ. Constant slurping noises. Always tries to be the center of attention and sticks to be like a dingleberry. Its impossible to get girls around him.

Stop making excuses. I got mates who look like bums and it doesn't stop me from getting girls. I have even had a girl ask why im hanging out with him/them and I always reply with " I make friends with good people regardless of how they look, i'm not bothered by what other people think because their opinion is not important".

Cockblocking is going out of your way to make sure someone doesn't get the girl.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Stop making excuses. I got mates who look like bums and it doesn't stop me from getting girls. I have even had a girl ask why im hanging out with him/them and I always reply with " I make friends with good people regardless of how they look, i'm not bothered by what other people think because their opinion is not important".

Cockblocking is going out of your way to make sure someone doesn't get the girl.
I am not making excuses. You need to step back. Why so quick to criticize? I am just saying that I have never been able to get a girl with him there. To me Cockblocking can be intentionally and inadvertently.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Cockblocking is not the proper term but I know what you mean.

Some of my friends are a little unadjusted around women. You know the type, probably played Magic the Gathering throughout high school. And trying to meet women around them, it's just not the same.

But when I go hang out with my boys I go out to have a couple of beers and talk shyt. When I go out to meet women I do it solo. Much more comfortable.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
I am not making excuses. You need to step back. Why so quick to criticize? I am just saying that I have never been able to get a girl with him there. To me Cockblocking can be intentionally and inadvertently.

erm you kinda are, I have 2 mates of mine whose personal hygiene is terrible and I have told them to sort it out however they both have a dynamite personality and usually after 5 minutes of introducing them to people they don't care.

Like I said if a girl is attracted to you then thats that. Your mates might lower you social profile a bit but you can make people realise that they shouldn't be so shallow to judge on looks alone.

Whats your age group by the way I would have guessed mid to late teens.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Cockblocking is not the proper term but I know what you mean.

Some of my friends are a little unadjusted around women. You know the type, probably played Magic the Gathering throughout high school. And trying to meet women around them, it's just not the same.

But when I go hang out with my boys I go out to have a couple of beers and talk shyt. When I go out to meet women I do it solo. Much more comfortable.
I guess I couldnt find the right word. Yeah I have to go solo, or take my special wingman.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:

I know that game. All three of my 'best' friends are complete douchers like that.

One friend completely dominates the conversation with girls around. You can hardly get a word in edgewise. He thinks he's God's gift to women, and he thinks he's going to become a musician. When a girl was clearly going after me, later he said, "Damn can you believe all of that stuff she did to hit on me?"

Another friend is a dick that can't compete conversationally with me so whenever he gets a story going, he always slams me in some way. Like a backhanded attack, masked with him joking around.

The other friend was constantly **** blocking me. I was trying to get with this girl senior year in high school, there were like 8 of us hanging around my car in the parking lot. She was sitting next to me and it was kind of cold, so I put my arm around her. Then my friend takes his jacket off and puts it on her.

I absolutely can't go look for girls with any of them. They're the sh*t when we are hanging out, but I f*cking hate them in public/social situations.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
erm you kinda are, I have 2 mates of mine whose personal hygiene is terrible and I have told them to sort it out however they both have a dynamite personality and usually after 5 minutes of introducing them to people they don't care.

Like I said if a girl is attracted to you then thats that. Your mates might lower you social profile a bit but you can make people realise that they shouldn't be so shallow to judge on looks alone.

Whats your age group by the way I would have guessed mid to late teens.
I chose the wrong word. I shouldnt have said cockblocking.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I know that game. All three of my 'best' friends are complete douchers like that.

One friend completely dominates the conversation with girls around. You can hardly get a word in edgewise. He thinks he's God's gift to women, and he thinks he's going to become a musician. When a girl was clearly going after me, later he said, "Damn can you believe all of that stuff she did to hit on me?"

Another friend is a dick that can't compete conversationally with me so whenever he gets a story going, he always slams me in some way. Like a backhanded attack, masked with him joking around.

The other friend was constantly **** blocking me. I was trying to get with this girl senior year in high school, there were like 8 of us hanging around my car in the parking lot. She was sitting next to me and it was kind of cold, so I put my arm around her. Then my friend takes his jacket off and puts it on her.

I absolutely can't go look for girls with any of them. They're the sh*t when we are hanging out, but I f*cking hate them in public/social situations.
These guys are your friends??
Old 07-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
These guys are your friends??

Haha yeah man that's why it's f*cking gay. Pretty much I can't stand them anymore, when I move somewhere after Christmas I'm probably not going to talk to them for a long time. I've pretty much avoided them all for the last few months anyway.

The one that did that jacket thing is getting married at 20 to some fat gross b*tch.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
I chose the wrong word. I shouldnt have said cockblocking.

believe me if it was cockblocking you would have dropped him as a mate years ago. It seems like you are more worried about what other people are thinking of your friend and thus giving you a bad/lower rep. I'm not barking at you cos I know exactly where your coming from like I said I got two best mates who are the most fun to hang around with but they both got bad teeth, over weight, greasy hair and sometimes b.o. I have spoken to them before and suggested suttly that they spend more time grooming themselfs.

If you in a situation with a girl and she has a problem with you friend make it known to her that your somebody who has more appreciation of qualities in a person then what they look like. Girls go crazy for that mushy bull****.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
It seems like you are more worried about what other people are thinking of your friend and thus giving you a bad/lower rep.

I've always considered people dogging you and f*cking your rep in front of girls c*ck blocking.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

I have some friends who are true **** blocks. Either over confident and try hitting on the same girl as I am or they get pissed of about something and talk behind my back to a girl.

Being a nerd isn't really being a **** block.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
believe me if it was cockblocking you would have dropped him as a mate years ago. It seems like you are more worried about what other people are thinking of your friend and thus giving you a bad/lower rep. I'm not barking at you cos I know exactly where your coming from like I said I got two best mates who are the most fun to hang around with but they both got bad teeth, over weight, greasy hair and sometimes b.o. I have spoken to them before and suggested suttly that they spend more time grooming themselfs.

If you in a situation with a girl and she has a problem with you friend make it known to her that your somebody who has more appreciation of qualities in a person then what they look like. Girls go crazy for that mushy bull****.
Sometimes that isht doesnt work. We were at the pool and he didnt have a shirt on. No amount of game can overcome that.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I have some friends who are true **** blocks. Either over confident and try hitting on the same girl as I am or they get pissed of about something and talk behind my back to a girl.

Being a nerd isn't really being a **** block.
Being a nerd isnt bad at all. But he is always trying to be the center of attention. Some girls are talking to me, and he comes in and tries to take over the conversation and say some of the lamest stuff that hasnt worked since the Nixon administration."Baby, I lost my number, can I get yours?" Facepalm material.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: