Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2006, 02:01 AM   #16
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
first, i wasn't the one preaching "i don't follow stereotypes"

second, all i see on TV shows that black people reinforce their own stereotypes. I dont see any other race do it.

whites make fun of marriage, i don't see them make TV shows, sing about ruling the world?

I don't see asians on TV talking about studying 24/7 or about small cocks...

but for blacks, thats all you see on TV and on the radio.

You are a moronic, racist idiot. No one said some black people don't conduct their lives based on stereotypes, just as some whites conduct their lives based on it, but you didn't distinguish between that when you made this thread.

So if I'm a black man, who doesn't fit stereotypes and I read the title of your thread what else am I supposed to think other than you're a dumb f*ck with a simplistic view of the world?

Answer: There is nothing else to think.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:06 AM   #17
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

you are really ignorant. As a percentage of the whole blacks are failing as a community. They have a network full of sl**** women, stupid rappers, and stupid programming where they reinforce every sterotype. The other thing is that the rappers who every1 looks up too dont really like inteligent black men or women. See when Ludacris and 50 cent were so quit to critize Opera.

PS: the thread wasnt made about Know IT All, it was made about the black community. And yes, if you consider yourself black you are apart of it.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 AM   #18
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

the action of some, should not interpreted as a trait shared by all.

not all black people are thugs you know?

in fact, I know many a black person who wishes to live a normal life. I know black families who want their children to go to school, get educated, and succeed.

what you are talking about, are the ones from the inner city who:

1) grew up in rough conditions

2) no family because of adverse conditions

3) external influences prevent them from getting an education and thus they turn to unsavory deeds to make money.

you can't blame people for trying the American dream anyway possible.

but you can blame them for being rude.

if everyone were polite, then everyone COULD get along.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 AM   #19
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
you are really ignorant. As a percentage of the whole blacks are failing as a community. They have a network full of sl**** women, stupid rappers, and stupid programming where they reinforce every sterotype. The other thing is that the rappers who every1 looks up too dont really like inteligent black men or women. See when Ludacris and 50 cent were so quit to critize Opera.

PS: the thread wasnt made about Know IT All, it was made about the black community. And yes, if you consider yourself black you are apart of it.

Dumb ass, when did I say there was no truth to the fact that SOME black people perpetuate stereotypes? But so what? Plenty of whites perpetuate stereotypes, so do Jews, Latinos etc. Why is this racist idiot focusing on black stereotypes?

To title a thread "How come black people" as if ALL OF US do is flat out ignorant. And if you can't see that, you're just as stupid as this idiot.

It's like me saying "How come white southerners are in the Ku Klux Klan, **** their sisters and have 10 year old trucks on their lawns?"
Old 10-16-2006, 02:11 AM   #20
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Dumb ass, when did I say there was no truth to the fact that SOME black people perpetuate stereotypes? But so what? Plenty of whites perpetuate stereotypes, so do Jews, Latinos etc.

But to title a thread "How come black people" as if ALL OF US do is flat out ignorant. And if you can't see that, you're just as stupid as this idiot.
But as a percentage of the whole blacks more so than any other race perpetuate and embrace NEGATIVE stereotypes.

Maybe the thread wasnt worded properly but why focus on that instead of the intended issue. YOu have a unique ability to divert focus from the actual topic at hand.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:13 AM   #21
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Another thing is, there have been movements all across the country to get some of the programming on BET, the radio, etc. changed.

However, who runs these stations, and therefore who gets to control the majority of the images of black people on TV, the radio, the movies, etc?

I'll let you guess.

The smart, decent, normal black guy doesn't play that well in suburbia. They by and large want 50cent, not Mos Def.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:13 AM   #22
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Another thing is, there have been movements all across the country to get some of the programming on BET, the radio, etc. changed.

However, who runs these stations, and therefore who gets to control the majority of the images of black people on TV, the radio, the movies, etc?

I'll let you guess.

The smart, decent, normal black guy doesn't play that well in suburbia. They by and large want 50cent, not Mos Def.

very true....
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 AM   #23
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

i think every race is like that nowadays...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:15 AM   #24
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
But as a percentage of the whole blacks more so than any other race perpetuate and embrace NEGATIVE stereotypes.

Maybe the thread wasnt worded properly but why focus on that instead of the intended issue. YOu have a unique ability to divert focus from the actual topic at hand.

Again, **** yourself. I take offense to a statement like "How come black people perpetuate stereotypes" when I don't, and neither do many people close to me. It's an insult to me, and the many many black people I know who don't. I also have a problem with the fact that the dude who created this subject, no doubt just to bait people, doesn't know or care about any societal factors involved, such as who controls the images of blacks in the media and such.

I have a unique ability to not accept bullshyt, and the standard line on something.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:18 AM   #25
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Again, **** yourself. I take offense to a statement like "How come black people perpetuate stereotypes" when I don't, and neither do many people close to me. It's an insult to me, and the many many black people I know who don't. I also have a problem with the fact that the dude who created this subject, no doubt just to bait people, doesn't know or care about any societal factors involved, such as who controls the images of blacks in the media and such.

I have a unique ability to not accept bullshyt, and the standard line on something.

way to stand up for yourself, seriously
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:21 AM   #26
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

the focus of this thread was why do rappers and basketball players reinforce their own stereotypes

if you act like a family man, someone like 50 cents clowns on you. if you don't bling out, people will say you are white washed.

how come these "role models" don't help out their own community?

these people should also help kids focus on going to college, get an education, but all bball players before this year just jump straight out of high school to the NBA. They should know that not everyone has god given talent. Help some of the people in their communities out man.

ALso, the Game, he raps about being a college drop out...you know how many kids he influences by telling them college is useless...look at me, i'm a successful rapper. now every kid will try to be a rapper and just drop out of school.
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:25 AM   #27
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
the focus of this thread was why do rappers and basketball players reinforce their own stereotypes

if you act like a family man, someone like 50 cents clowns on you. if you don't bling out, people will say you are white washed.

how come these "role models" don't help out their own community?

these people should also help kids focus on going to college, get an education, but all bball players before this year just jump straight out of high school to the NBA. They should know that not everyone has god given talent. Help some of the people in their communities out man.

ALso, the Game, he raps about being a college drop out...you know how many kids he influences by telling them college is useless...look at me, i'm a successful rapper. now every kid will try to be a rapper and just drop out of school.

You = idiot. Why did you title this thread "How come black people enforce their own stereotypes" and not make the distinction between the fact that not all black people enforce stereotypes? Why did you blanket a whole group of people as enforcing stereotypes right from the beginning? Is it because you're stupid and a racist?

Why yes, yes you are. The saddest thing about it is, you're much too dumb to even KNOW where you went wrong. You really see no problem with acting as if all black people are endorsing ignorant behavior. Thats what you think of black people.

F&ck you.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:27 AM   #28
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

i'm through with you...

you just don't understand amercian culture to have a full comprehension on how the media reinforces black stereotypes.
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #29
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
way to stand up for yourself, seriously

more like way to the play the victim. Maybe the black community should stop blaming society and rise their unemployment stats, standardized test scores, poverty rate etc. Maybe they can stop having kids out of wedlock. or stop having unprotected sex. Any culture thats degrades education and glorifies violence in general is in trouble.

Or wait they dont have to change because everything thats wrong is the White MAn's fault.

Im sick of having to deal with sterotypes. I get into a great law school....first thing i hear from my so called friends..... i guess affirmative action is at work. Im sick of stuff like that and until the community gets its act together i feel i will be bombarded with similar criticisms for the my whole career.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #30
El Barto
Can barely lace up my sneakers

El Barto has an OK reputation so far

The question, instead of "How come black people perpetuate stereotypes?", should be something like: "Home come, in certain conditions (or societal factors), certain ethnic groups, in this case the African American, are drawn towards stereotypes?" I guess it wouldn't fit in the thread title though.

These societal factors (or "stuff" that is going on around you) plays a huge part in stereotypes. They include, as someone mentioned before, crime, planning issues (as in how the city is layed out...yes, that is a major contributing factor...just look up Pruit Igoe on google and you'll learn something), etc. Many a person, in these conditions, would steal to survive (maybe not food, but if you can't find a job then one seemingly has to resort that)...or have seen that its ok by someone else...whether that is indeed a rapper or actor. There's more to it than that, of course...check out the book A Different Mirror.

Just curious where everyone is getting all these statistics too.
El Barto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: