Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #46
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

It's not really the stereotypes of the gangsters and violence, because that's their choice. My biggest problem is when blacks refer to themselves as "Black America". It just rubs me the wrong way because some 40 odd years ago blacks screamed for equality but now they segregate themselves.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:18 PM   #47
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

I'm not racist or anything, but... I think there is an easy answer to this question.

"Stupid N1gg3rz"
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 PM   #48
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
I'm not racist or anything, but... I think there is an easy answer to this question.

"Stupid N1gg3rz"

Thanks for proving that you're not racist. :rollingeyes:
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #49
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Thanks for proving that you're not racist. :rollingeyes:

LoL.. I'm honestly not. I like hip hop. I have many black friends. I just like to mess around and talk shiznit. It's kinda true though, don't you think? I mean they bring it all on themselves.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #50
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
LoL.. I'm honestly not. I like hip hop. I have many black friends. I just like to mess around and talk shiznit. It's kinda true though, don't you think? I mean they bring it all on themselves.

Great thing about the Internet is that you can say all types of things that in real life would cause your black friends to beat your ass.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:36 AM   #51
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Great thing about the Internet is that you can say all types of things that in real life would cause your black friends to beat your ass.

Well, I have kool black friends. You know, one's that won't murder you for stepping on their shoes. It's quite all right to joke around and say words like that with them.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:01 AM   #52
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The irony in this post is falkin hillarious

America is about commerce and no one buys up all that gangsta shiiit more than the little white beyotches in the suburbs like the above poster.

Next time you see a 'gangsta' flashing his bling on TV just remember who bought it for him.

Little white wannabes in the suburbs.

It is simply marketing and all you lil crackas in the burbs who believe in the gangsta myth enhance it, much to the delight of the fake 'gangsta' you see talking about his rims on TV.

Do you honestly believe every rapper is hard as nails and used to move coke by the brick.

Wake up. 99% of black people are hard working normal people held down by ignorance from the likes of 99% of the contributors to this thread.

What is wrong with black people in America?
-the ignorant view that white people have of them because in true American fashion most white Americans believe what they are spoon fed on the TV.

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 10-17-2006 at 04:14 AM.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:13 AM   #53
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
first, i wasn't the one preaching "i don't follow stereotypes"

second, all i see on TV shows that black people reinforce their own stereotypes. I dont see any other race do it.

whites make fun of marriage, i don't see them make TV shows, sing about ruling the world?

I don't see asians on TV talking about studying 24/7 or about small cocks..

but for blacks, thats all you see on TV and on the radio.

You just basically proved what Knoe said. You dont see those things because THEY DONT SELL!!! White people dont want to/wont pay to see those things. However they WILL pay to see the typical black stereotypes. And what Knoe said what right on the money. You didnt mention black shows like The Fresh Prince, The Cosby Show, Family Matters, Roc, A Different World, Girlfriends, One On One, Eve, Martin and I could go on. What stereotype are they perpetuating? Why dont you start looking at something other than music videos and maybe you wouldnt ask such a ignorant question. Do you really think that blacks made 50 cent rich? No it was WHITE KIDS who want to imitate and act just like him. Why dont you ask why that is, why do little suburban white kids WANT to be gangster.

You can tell by my name that I usually dont agree with Knoe (he's always knocking my team and Kobe) however he's RIGHT ON THE MONEY this time. And to answer your question, they do it because they can get rich off white folks that's why.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:16 AM   #54
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
you are really ignorant. As a percentage of the whole blacks are failing as a community. They have a network full of sl**** women, stupid rappers, and stupid programming where they reinforce every sterotype. The other thing is that the rappers who every1 looks up too dont really like inteligent black men or women. See when Ludacris and 50 cent were so quit to critize Opera.

PS: the thread wasnt made about Know IT All, it was made about the black community. And yes, if you consider yourself black you are apart of it.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN????????

Why dont you look at something other than music videos and maybe you might actually learn something about black people. It's funny you call someone else ignorant and your dumb ass cant even put together a legible sentence.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:18 AM   #55
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
you are really ignorant. As a percentage of the whole blacks are failing as a community. They have a network full of sl**** women, stupid rappers, and stupid programming where they reinforce every sterotype. The other thing is that the rappers who every1 looks up too dont really like inteligent black men or women. See when Ludacris and 50 cent were so quit to critize Opera.

PS: the thread wasnt made about Know IT All, it was made about the black community. And yes, if you consider yourself black you are apart of it.

I think they're are more white women that are slutty than any other race of women.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:20 AM   #56
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
But as a percentage of the whole blacks more so than any other race perpetuate and embrace NEGATIVE stereotypes.

Maybe the thread wasnt worded properly but why focus on that instead of the intended issue. YOu have a unique ability to divert focus from the actual topic at hand.

Show me the statistic proving this, just because you say it doesnt make it a fact.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:22 AM   #57
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
the focus of this thread was why do rappers and basketball players reinforce their own stereotypes

if you act like a family man, someone like 50 cents clowns on you. if you don't bling out, people will say you are white washed.

how come these "role models" don't help out their own community?

these people should also help kids focus on going to college, get an education, but all bball players before this year just jump straight out of high school to the NBA. They should know that not everyone has god given talent. Help some of the people in their communities out man.

ALso, the Game, he raps about being a college drop out...you know how many kids he influences by telling them college is useless...look at me, i'm a successful rapper. now every kid will try to be a rapper and just drop out of school.

So every white kid wants to kill their girlfriend and mother because Eminem said he wanted to? Knoe is right you = idiot.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #58
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

its funny how blacks blame whites for segregation. now they are blaming whites again for reinforcing their own stereotypes.

do blacks ever learn?
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #59
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

have you not read ANY of these posts? they arleady said that they as a black race dont reinforce it as a whole....only a select few do. get a clue, i already did
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #60
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
have you not read ANY of these posts? they arleady said that they as a black race dont reinforce it as a whole....only a select few do. get a clue, i already did

you say i don't read....why don't you read a bit...even those blacks advocating "blacks do not reinforce their own stereotypes" admit that the media uses these stereotypes to sell.

what i'm saying is....these are the same people blaming whites about the media reinforcing black stereotypes...idiot
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: