Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #61
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
even those blacks advocating "blacks do not reinforce their own stereotypes" admit that the media uses these stereotypes to sell.

You really need to drop it.

You still can't see the distinction between the masses of blacks (who live just like the majority of whites) and the public figures you are basing your argument on, who only represent a fraction of a percent of the black population.
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #62
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
its funny how blacks blame whites for segregation. now they are blaming whites again for reinforcing their own stereotypes.

do blacks ever learn?

It's funny how you have no answer for the SEVERAL posts directed at you. Get over yourself, no one really cares what you think, you make not one iota of difference in the world. You're truly a sad pathetic person and i'll pray for you.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #63
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

wow, its the first time i have ever agreed with tontoz!
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #64
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
It's funny how you have no answer for the SEVERAL posts directed at you. Get over yourself, no one really cares what you think, you make not one iota of difference in the world. You're truly a sad pathetic person and i'll pray for you.
ill second that notion.........ecspecially the last part
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #65
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/3257770

hahahaah

i blame this on the white man (vince macmahon)

as long as **** like this keeps happening....you lose.
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #66
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
i mean rappers enforce criminal acts, and basketball players are prone to violence.

I thought since 1966, black people were trying to improve themselves and sway away from that stereotype that kept them down for so long

This is far from the truth. Black people want to make money so they are forced to do what corporate America is telling them to do. For example a rapper that produces lyrical content is not going to sell, he/she is going to have to do club hits like that "Laffy Taffy crap" or "Oh I think they like me" and enforce their own stereotypes to sell to white people. If you look it up, white people are the biggest consumers of hip hop. Black people want to make money too and they know that the only way for them to do it is to appeal to what the audiences want them to be.

Like when you see a smart black guy in school dressed in Abercrombie or Hollister I bet you say that how come he doesnt act black? Instead its the ones that wear chains and 5XL Tall tees walking around talking in slang are the ones that are popular. Those people are "acting black" and noone questions them but they question the one that "dresses white"
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #67
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I think they're are more white women that are slutty than any other race of women.

True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: