Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #31
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

yeah game 6 was horribly officiated by the refs.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #32
Targus™
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
naw seriously, the kings played about as bad as they could in game 7, missing free throws, no show by peja, christie, while the lakers played about their best, Shaq/Kobe both got theirs, Horry, Fox, Fisher all stepped it up, Horry and Fox both had double doubles, and the Lakers still BARELY won.

Throw in the fact that

--Peja missed a few games early, and wasn't 100% all series becuase of sprained ankle

--the ridiculous refs of game 6

--the Horry miracle (I'm not saying the shot was lucky, I'm saying the situation was lucky, the Kings stopped Kobe and Shaq back to back, then the ball gets swatted to Horry......it wasn't planned or good play on the Lakers part, they got a break)

And you can come to the conclusion that the Kings were probably the more talented, more skilled team. I'm not gonna make excuses they straight out lost game 7 FAIR AND SQUARE. The Kings weren't ready for the big time and half of them choked while every Laker stepped it up in game 7. BUT the Kings probably would have ended the series in 6 games if the refs didn't blatantly cheat. I'm sure everyone knows about game 6 by now, it's infamous.

Post of the Month right there
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #33
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

maybe if divac, pollard and webber had actually played shaq instead of crying and whinning like biatches whenever he backed them down you would have won game 6.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:08 PM   #34
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Its gotta suck to be a kings fan. Holding onto straws like al bundy. It'd be cool if Bibby could have won a championship though.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #35
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

yeah bibby is the only one who doesnt whine, divac is a bord and raised whiner, christie cries when he loses and fails to draw iron when it matters.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #36
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block_Party
I think the Net's D would have turned the tables. Martin(was) and Kidd are fantastic defenders and I can't see the King's shoters giving them that much trouble, especially when the Nets are such a better rebounding team.

You guys saying the Nets would've won are being stupid. Who cares if the Nets ran the Princeton? Adelman was a better coach than Byron Scott, the Kings had better big men, and the Kings had better shooting to make the offense work. Also IIRC KVH played PF that year for the Nets. Webber would've MURDERED him. The Kings as a team were far more talented.

Laker fans: It's easy to say "kings fans need to stop holding onto straws and old memories" but you guys always flaunt your 14 rings now that your team is just above average. If refs and injuries had cost you a championship you'd be pretty pissed off for years too.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #37
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
You better re-think that considering the Kings shot more total free-throws in the series and the game with the biggest difference in free-throws shot between the two teams was Game 3 which was in FAVOR of the Kings.

Didn't LA shoot something like 26-27 free throws in the 4th quarter of game 6 when they made their "huge comeback" and won the game? If they don't get an inordinate amount of FT's that quarter, they go fishing; I think that's what people are referring to.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #38
Targus™
Good college starter

which is why i still consider the Sacramento Kings former NBA Champions
Old 10-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #39
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

I couldn't even believe my eyes in game 6.

I am not a conspiracy theorist in general but I still have a hard time believing that game wasn't rigged.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:18 PM   #40
Targus™
Good college starter

kings got robbed. period. they got robbed twice, once in game 6 and the other by a guy named Rob. life sucks.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #41
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius

I am not a conspiracy theorist in general but I still have a hard time believing that game wasn't rigged.

Yeah, you and everyone else who doesn't live in California.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:30 AM   #42
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Yeah, you and everyone else who doesn't live in California.

I actually live in LA :)
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #43
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
I actually live in LA :)

Good to see that there are still some rational folks left in LA. ;)
Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 AM   #44
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Didn't LA shoot something like 26-27 free throws in the 4th quarter of game 6 when they made their "huge comeback" and won the game? If they don't get an inordinate amount of FT's that quarter, they go fishing; I think that's what people are referring to.

In game 6, the refs were blatantly, more so than EVER working for David Stern.

-The Lakers shot 27 free throws in the 4th quarter alone.

-Vlade Divac fouled out playing only 15 or so minutes, with the TV commentators straight out saying "I don't think that was a foul on Vlade".

- at least two, three crucial plays in the 4th quarter where Lakers got bailed out with a foul call, with Bill Walton followed up by saying "That was not a foul that was all ball"

- In the final minute, Kobe elbows Bibby in the nose, knocking him down, the refs calls a foul on Bibby, Kobe shoots free throws while the camera zooms in on Bibby bleeding from the nose. Despite the 27 free throws, the shady foul calls, the Lakers BARELY won that game, it was still up in the air in the final minute.

- The next day, LA Time's own write J.A Adande, wrote, and I will always remember this quote-- "The Laker's starting five are pretty hard to beat, Shaq, Kobe and the three officials".

-The officiating was so bad, Ralph Nader got upset and demanded someone investivgate the league.

-Jay Leno cracked jokes about the officiaiting favoring the Laker the next few nights after the game.

There is no doubt the Kings were robbed of game 6, thus the series, and the championship, to the Nets fan claiming Nets had a shot, COME ON DUDE, the Nets got freaking SWEPT by the Lakers and came out of the East by default because the East was at an ALL TIME WEAK.

Now again, the refs then went on to call game 7 FAIR AND SQUARE, their mission was only to force a game 7, which they did. Now came game 7, Doug Christie, Peja straight out no showed, Webber and Hedo did well for three quarters. In the end, it came down to Bibby vs the Lakers, Bibby gave one of more clutch performance I've ever seen, he was hitting EVERY shot in the 4th, but the Lakers were too much in the end. I'm from LA myself, and trust me, every Laker fan that night told me how nervous they were everytime Bibby got the ball.

I watched game 6 at a restaurant, if I was watching that travesty at home, I would have broken a few furnitures seeing the league blatantly rob the better team of their win.

That Nets fan can say whatever the hell he wants, but the 2002 Western Conference Finals WERE THE NBA FINALS. The Nets never had a chance against Lakers or Kings.

And Lakers-city, you go ahead and throw in your ignorant childish "oh yeah, Kings are crybabies, we are the best!! Kobe rulz Jordan sux"... it doesn't change the facts. You're a fool.

Last edited by EricForman : 10-17-2006 at 01:00 AM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:00 AM   #45
Targus™
Good college starter

EricForman is da bomb. nice post. NBA officials are worst of all pro sports.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: