Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #136
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
If you come get me in Portugal, i will play for your team
I'm PG, ambidestrous (i think i wrote correctly) and i can put some speed on your team, and i can shoot a lot from downton too. I like to D the others PG full court ahah
Ambidextrous.
I wish I still lived in LA. Who's the best player on ISH that you guys have played with?
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #137
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Lightbulb Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Playoffs: Round 1...

went for mismatched 80's tube socks today, the right one is three powder blues, tough to see here.

didn't end up guarding the league MVP today, for better or worse, Gene (our MVP) took him and did a nice job. My initial plan was to take their worst player and sag off of him to help with their bigs but they were hitting jumpers and neither of their bigs got off so we played pretty straight up.

george is not good at getting through screens. george had a weird day, he was late, he got T'd up, he got fouled a couple times and came up like he was ready to fight. jawing the whole time. not my style. I guess he just got frustrated as the season went on but he definitely lost his cool a lot lately. he probably should have been tossed and the other team was calling him out for his "napolean complex". he turns the ball over too much, had two or three inbound pass turnovers which makes me crazy. much less forgivable than having it happen in the heat of action or trying to make a play.

look how gassed and far off of me their big guy is. can i get the pill please? it's all good, cory (red head, shooting) was awesome again today and definitely has my blessing to let it fly when he's open. still. look at that guy, hands on his hips and 10 feet from me.

our main problem this season has been not having enough scorers. we play these tight games that are lost in 10-0 runs every week. Our defense has been pretty solid and stingy (with the expected lapses of a men's league), it's something most of us seem to pride ourselves on. No real complaints about our D, we did a good enough job to compete in every game.

heyheyhey! lookuphere. lookuphere.

i called timeout with 11 seconds left in the first half. we were down 8. wanted to inbound to gene and have him drive and kick to a shooter. he drove and took the shot himself. they got the ball with 1.4 seconds left and called timeout. they ran this play where big dan (league mvp) started in the backcourt and they tried to throw over the top for an oop but I read it, jumped it, and knocked it away. felt good.

stripped this kid and had one of those full speed chase the ball moments, threw it off his leg but it stayed in bounds, i ran into the wall really hard BOOM and yelped but sprinted under the basket and got a block. felt great, good old midwestern hustle play.

be honest, you didn't know white guys could have butts that nice. definitely relate to Lamar Odom's game in a couple ways, i like to drag behind the offense and play from the top of the key, pass-first to a fault, great outlet passer, and here you see my frantic inbound pass defense, forced him to throw it over the top and cory picked it and got a layup.

Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #138
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Cool Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

this photo documenting the league has been fun but i'm mortified with my body. need to drop 10-20 pounds.

another little Odomism, trying to direct traffic on defense.

i wish we had video on this play, crossed the sh*t out of this guy. i'm not mr. streetball but my handles are safe and i have definitely surprised some guys and left dudes flat footed. p.s.- f*ck Tim Hardaway's bigot ass.

you can see him sort of staggered here off to the right "where'd he go?". 24 reaches in and fouls me from behind and i stumble

turns out the foul was on the ground but i was hoping for continuation. demonstration of my massive hops here.

oh my dear lord. made it til the playoffs without shooting a free throw. says something about how uncomfortable I am as a slasher or low post scorer.

I am an incredible free throw shooter if i do say so myself. hit the front end of the 1-1 but missed the second. no excuse. i'm good for 8 or 9 out of 10 usually.

game got away from us in the second half. we'd get it under 10 and they'd make a mini run. they hit a bunch of threes and we missed a bunch of layups. Played them tough though. Tried to get a bunch of touches and shots towards the end, took a turnaround fadeaway baseline three at the end of the game and announced "Splash" as it left my hands, in and out, pretty funny, heard some chuckles from the stands. Was a really fun season we just weren't a very good team, not the most talented or cohesive but not bad for a group of strangers paired up to play teams of guys who have been together. Hopefully we'll put a nice team together for the winter league and get some more wins.

it's been fun kids. thanks for joining me on my journey. will update with video or pictures from the league later this week if there's anything noteworthy.

the end

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 09-28-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #139
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Wow, thanks for the great thread, it's too bad you're team wasn't good enough.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:56 AM   #140
AmoebaD
hip to be square

AmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this board

i didn't read any of this, i just tripped over it when i googled hipster doofus and the picture of doom with his hands in the air popped up.

you are the man though, i see you out there hustling, scrapping, going full speed. what is your game similar to?, keep in mind i refuse to read anything, i just want to look at pictures.

i have the feeling you play like a past his prime jerry sloan. like how he would play now, which is still awesome.

ima really read this so i can make up some jokes about your shaggy mug.

if you could describe your teams style of play, defenisve prowess, offensive abilities and your individual steezo, i would be more able to criticize and poke fun at your awesome adult league. **** looks like fun.

your captions cause guffaws to spout from my mouth. are you a guard/forward, or are the positions interchangeable?

ohhhh please mr. doom, tell us more about the nearing mid life crisis adult league playoffs. i really want to know. you are a always a good sport. you look like you play dirty though.

Last edited by AmoebaD : 09-28-2009 at 02:00 AM.
AmoebaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:02 AM   #141
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

my favourite thread on ISH since the music drafts. unfortunately my predictions of a hibache-esque 30 point explosion never came to fruition.

*pours out some liquor for lamar's team*
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:16 AM   #142
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Exclamation Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoebaD
i didn't read any of this, i just tripped over it when i googled hipster doofus and the picture of doom with his hands in the air popped up.

my image also pops up if you google "saggy scrotum hippie-hop"

Quote:
you are the man though, i see you out there hustling, scrapping, going full speed. what is your game similar to?, keep in mind i refuse to read anything, i just want to look at pictures.

sadly i think i'm a poor man's luke walton... oh sorry:

's

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoebaD
i have the feeling you play like a past his prime jerry sloan. like how he would play now, which is still awesome.

i bet i can take jerry. 5 of me would definitely beat 5 (current) jerry sloans.

Quote:
your captions cause guffaws to spout from my mouth. are you a guard/forward, or are the positions interchangeable?

was the team's second biggest guy at 6'1" so ended up playing everything, I guarded centers, but my offensive is pretty perimeter (guard) oriented

Quote:
ohhhh please mr. doom, tell us more about the nearing mid life crisis adult league playoffs. i really want to know. you are a always a good sport. you look like you play dirty though.

i pull jerseys and influence the refs to make incorrect calls in my/our favor with some simple pyschology but i'm pretty clean. also you should know i'm very much in my prime. My balls smell like sex and money.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #143
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Great season Lamar Doom enjoyed reading this thread.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #144
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well all good things must come to an end. But YOULL BE BACK HUNGRIER for victory next time! Now the off-season beginz and the prowess of Kobe shall inspire thee!
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #145
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Would be tight to have a ALL ISH team and get some jerseys sponsored from ISH as well

I can see the first part happening, can't see the latter
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 AM   #146
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's pretty awesome lamar. I hope I can find a league like that when I graduate (I play intermurals in college right now). You mind me asking who took the pictures? You should have just had them tape the games.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #147
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far

This was a good read. I've been keeping updated on it but haven't really posted. Good luck in the future. I would help you guys out if the league were closer to me! =D
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #148
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

bump for updates on new season
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #149
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

we won again tonight, we're 3-2. I was broke as f*ck, 2 for 10 probably. That's a lot of shots for me too. I didn't play at all this week and it showed in my shooting. I played good D, few assists, couple boards, no turnovers. I tend not to worry about numbers in general, definitely not in a win, but I don't like feeling out of synch or like I'm a liability on offense.

I'll throw some photos and more a more detailed update up later this week.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #150
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Sucks that the league we were gonna do folded cuz they didn't get enough teams.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: