Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #31
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

someone told me kebab stall was an nba player..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #32
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

amazing thread. subscribed.

re: david. that reminds me of my days playing organised basketball. i played on the same team as a douche with similar traits to your teammate. long story short, he really got to me and i ended up smacking him in the grill on the court. in hidisight, it probably wasn't the best course of action - i'm a lot more of a pacifist now - but damn it was satisfying.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #33
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

constantly pulling his pants up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
re: david. that reminds me of my days playing organised basketball. i played on the same team as a douche with similar traits to your teammate. long story short, he really got to me and i ended up smacking him in the grill on the court. in hidisight, it probably wasn't the best course of action - i'm a lot more of a pacifist now - but damn it was satisfying.

man i understand that desire but like you, i'm too old and tender for that sort of sh*t, not the guy i want to be, plus i'm just so much bigger than this guy (6+ inches and 75+ pounds i'm guessing) it just wouldn't be right. One of the guys on our team ("Mitch") went to talk to David after the game and I guess his biggest beef was with another guy on our team who said something to him. Mitch said he was crazy when he approached him, he said something like "Hey dude don't worry about it..." and David went off "Don't call me CHIEF, that's disrespectable!!" and everything Mitch said (all in an effort to cool him out and make peace) was responded to with rage regarding sh*t Mitch didn't say anything about. THe conversation ended with David showing him how (apparently he literally acted it out) he was going to slam our point guards head into the ground and stomp it. I think at that point Mitch took off. I don't know what to think man, obviously this kid has bigger problems in his life than we do with him, but it's intolerable. Been struggling in my head with how to deal with it, i'm not sure there's any getting through to him but he needs to understand how unacceptable his behavior is. I really think there's a decent chance he won't show up sunday, god that would be sweet, otherwise we'll have to address it somehow.

our two best players trying to explain something to him

doesn't look like he got it. "naw dog, don't touch me, I ain't playin no zone". this poor guy Gene (our best player) picked our lineups and had to have an aside with david about why he wasn't starting, as soon as david turned away Gene had this big smile on his face and said something about how you have to tell him what he wants to hear.

I can feel ya'll turning on me dog, i ain't that punk ass whiteboy that can't ball, i been playin for 15 years dog

these photos aren't even close to doing justice to what a trip this kid is, but you can kind of read the marky mark swagger in that little series.

my girlfriend was super baked for the game, she thought he was hilarious but then sort of realized that he was for real and that "this was actually happening" and then she was sort of freaked out by him.

I played a little pickup monday and I'm going to get some shots up tomorrow. I'm really excited for game 3 sunday, keep your fingers crossed for me that he doesn't show.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-27-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #34
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Just by looking at him through these pictures and also your discription of him, I know I wouldn't be able to tolerate him. I've always played on teams with guys who know there place. Hell, the worst guy I have ever played with is #12 in the team photo I put up and even he knew he his role on the team and never b!tched or moaned about it, he was just clueless when it came to playing.

Fingers are crossed for you Lamar!
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:38 AM   #35
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here
Red face Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom

who's taking the pictures? he actually looks like one of those quiet guys at work or something..

Last edited by halffttime : 07-23-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #36
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
who's taking the pictures?

most of them were taken by the big homey:

or the girlfriend:

and a couple are off the league site:

is he crip walkin back there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
he actually looks like one of those quiet guys at work or something..

the "quiet", mind-their-own-business harmless guys or the "quiet", torch-the-building-and-everyone-in-it type of guy? I'm not sure what you mean. He's young and rah-rah.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-23-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice thread. Reminds me of scenes in one of those comedy movies.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #38
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OK, I said I would try and make training tonight, after a 3 month stint of not picking up a basketball.

Training went from 7.30pm to 9.30pm (it's about 11pm now).

I wasn't that nervous going in, but I was a bit, mainly because I hadn't played in so long and I was a bit worried that I would look like a clown out there, not knowing what to do or where to be.

We basically just played a 2 hour long scrimmage game, which was excellent. I hate doing drills and I love to just get out and play, so that for me was very good.

Since there were about 13 guys or so there at first, we played 5 on 5, first to 4 (1 basket = 1 point) and then the losing team can make changes. I ended up staying on for the first 4 games which was about half an hour, non stop. During the first 4 games I was a bit rusty, struggled to get into any kind of flow and was constantly getting in the way of other players.

We ended up losing the 5th game, so I got to sit out for a bit and got some rest. So I got ready for the next game. I went back on and I started to fall into my groove. Now, I'm not an offensive player by any means, but I am usually pretty good at posting up and making cuts through the key. I got a lot of fast break points, even managed to get a dunk, despite the fact I haven't attempted one in the last 3 months and this one felt great to finally power one through and try and rip the rim down.

At this point, an hour or so in, some of the guys started to leave. So there was only 10 players. I felt like crap at this point, I was just completely drained of all energy and I couldn't sub out. Eventually the last 45 minutes or so was just 5 on 5 first to 11 and then switch ends and then play to 11 again.

I managed to post up a lot and busted out a few nice hook shots and a couple of nice off-balance shots. It helps playing scrimmage games, because it helps me develop the weaker parts of my game. Doing drills doesn't give me that freedom. Hell, I even managed to hit a 3 pointer, which never happens. Rebouding was fine and I had no problem holding my own on the boards.

Overall, it felt great to get back out there and play, even though my entire body is in agony right now. Especially my calves, which feel like they are on fire and about to burst our of my legs. I'm definitly going to start playing more now and try and work on my fitness so I'm not on the verge of passing out during a scrimmage game. I'm also hoping to play in a tournament coming up on the 8th and 9th of August, so hopefully I'm back in full force for that.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #39
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

nice kebab. wish I could dunk. sounds like a pretty good way to train. these guys you practiced with are going to be a team or you're just training to get back into it?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:07 AM   #40
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
nice kebab. wish I could dunk. sounds like a pretty good way to train. these guys you practiced with are going to be a team or you're just training to get back into it?
The guys I trained with were mostly from the men's team. I was expecting some younger guys to be there (there was only one guy from my team), so we could run more, but it ended up turning into a battle of strength, since most of the older guys are too slow. I managed to old my own against them, because I've managed to get a lot stronger since the end of the season and also put some weight on. At the end of the season I was only 160lbs (about 3-4 months ago), I'm now 180lbs and looking to get up to about 190-ish. So it was interesting, because I've always struggled against the older guys, but it's a good feeling when you can atleast give them a bit of trouble.

Just got an email from my coach, looks like I am playing in the tournament. The only think I don't like, is that it starts at 8.45am on the Saturday and 9.30am on the Sunday, both days run till 5pm. So, there's going to be a lot of basketball and hopefully a lot of pictures to put up.

Last edited by Kebab Stall : 07-25-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 AM   #41
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Game 3...

a taste of victory

when the 0-2 and 0-1 teams face each other, it's like two trains colliding, the trains are filled with gunpowder and they collide next to a fueling station and a fission plant. Also it happens in the middle of a sh*t storm. Needless to say it's explosive... and messy.

coming to and1 summer tour 2010 (behind the backsies)

and he blows by someone in his imagination, he's a little tea pot

gooseneck. how we do in the midwest

tish

"thanks for sharing photos of warmups Coolio, can we get to the action?"

say no more.

Arguably the best news was that our problem child David didn't show, and god willing won't be back. We're down to 7 guys which is actually about perfect for me because I get all the minutes I want and it's not too tiring. The team was much more laid back and enjoyable w/o David, we all seemed to get along and nobody is too critical so hopefully we can keep it like that the rest of the season.

Another sloppy game, no exaggeration there were more turnovers than field goals the first 5 minutes of the game. 2 of my first 4 touches were turnovers (my only 2 of the night, but still). Our point guard got called for palming the ball at the top of the key two straight possessions. Ragged to say the least. This was probably the worst team in the league and we had some size on the opponent for the first time all season.

we went back to man defense and controlled them from the start. there was no one on their team who required a double and I got to spend a lot of the game checking big #58 there who was a tugboat of a man but was no threat on offense (he had so many 3-second calls it was embarassing) and couldn't keep up on defense. In hindsight I should have worked off the ball a lot harder when he was on me, probably could have gotten a lot of good shots playing at 3/4 speed on some rip hamilton curls, etc. He had poop breath and BO and if you're reading this, sir, i beg you to look into listerine. I don't know what's worse, guarding the really sweaty/hairy guy or the bad breath/B.O. guy. Anyways, picture is of me directing traffc on defense, I grew up with coaches who made us run if we didn't talk the whole game so I am a f*cking chatterbox out there, especially on defense "by yourself by yourself!! Screen coming I've got your left!" etc. I am conscious of not being annoying and don't think I am.

got my mind on my money and my money on my mind (laaaaid back)

"oh god I have to go to my left"

where you going old timer? i'm your white shadow

The first half was pretty blah for me offensively again (defense has been solid all three games if i do say so myself), grabbed a handful of rebounds but barely touched the ball, had the two turnovers, and just didn't feel like a factor in a game where I should have been able to really get something going. My buddy from work who had been really struggling in the first two games woke up and was torching these guys. Was fun to watch him get off a bit, he was an all-state high school player and was really discouraged after the first two games, I had a nice assist for him to hit a 3 and he got to the rim and finished a bunch. He got "player of the game" honors and got interviewed for the little post-game video they do. I'll post it when it's uploaded.

I think I'm explaining to the ref that I prefer the NBA sized ball but if we use it i want 6 fouls
Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 AM   #42
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

kept it extra flossy with the lightning bolt red lion sock
Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 AM   #43
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

we were up 9 at half I think. We all understood that if we didn't turn the ball over and make mistakes we were definitely going to beat these guys.

sometimes I throw no-look passes (or look-down passes in this case) when I don't have to. I consider passing to be one of my strongpoints but I am exceptional at skipping the ball around the perimeter and outlet passes.

At 31, I haven't really noticed much physical deterioration except in my vertical. part of it is just being out of shape, but I just don't feel as springy as I once was. (again, i was never a big leaper) anyways I got this board and started the break...

my standard offensive pose, hand in the air begging for the ball before the jump shot I want gets less open. they got me the ball on this one

sure felt like I had a lane to the rim at the time and this picture confirms that is probably the case, but I dribbled to outside the elbow and let it fly

running back mid-flight cause I know it's good. YOUR BOY IS ON THE BOARD!! went 2-2 on a couple of real clean jumpers. Both shots I lump into my "bread and butter" category and would take every time. Felt good to knock em down though. I would like to be taking a few more shots a game but I didn't force anything and it feels good not to miss a shot. No real call for it tonight, we maintained a 10-ish point lead most of the game.

"cookies" is what the kids say when they steal the ball. knocked it loose, tracked it down

looking for the touchdown pass. Get a haircut han solo.

Anyways, we f*cking won! Ended up being 7 or 9 points I think. We were shooting free throws and they were chucking 3's the last few minutes. Feels really good, we've gotten better each week and it was just a lot more fun tonight, obviously winning and not having the abrasive team mate help but I think we all settled in a bit and should be a contender down the road.

"so lamar doom, what do you do after the game to unwind?"

If you haven't seen Children of Men, see it, it's a f*cking amazing movie.
strawberry cough- hahaha, Michael Cain is a bad ass.

more to come when the league site updates.
------------------------------------
--------------------------
Old 07-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #44
halffttime
shorty doowop

god.. i haven't played organized basketball since elementary school..
Old 07-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #45
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I love the battles of the winless teams. One team is getting the win and the game is always going to fought hard from start to finish.

Has anyone contacted that David guy, or did he let anyone know he wasn't making it? I'm sure the entire team feels better without him there, but for all you know he could show up next week and put a strain on the team or something.

I'm loving those socks aswell, I need to get a pair of those, mine are just plain blue, but big and fluffy so I guess that can make up for the lack of awesome lightning bolt on the side.

It seems as though you are the Ariza type of your team, Lamar. Hard worker on defense, providing energy and can hit the open shots. You don't take many shots and you don't complain. I also assume you'd be a very encouraging teammate to play with.

How many games are left in the season? Do you play each team twice or just once?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: