Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #46
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Not to come in here and hijack your thread but heres a mix of what little footage we have from our games in our lower division team, we just lost to the 1st seed in playoffs on Sunday we were 8th seed. #0 is uclalegend32 and I am #10 in black or #7 in white Marshawn is #15 and #29 and he is a beast hes class of 2011 and is a d1 prospect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w4BaxiAw4E

My silver division team was 7th seed and we upset the 2 seed. We will get some footage of our semifinals game next week.

Oh Lamar btw when lilojmayo gets here, we are doing an ISH rec team. Me, UCLAlegend32, and lilojmayo are in it for sure and possibly qrich. Do you wanna run with us? Its gonna be tight.

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 07-27-2009 at 03:02 PM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #47
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I love the battles of the winless teams. One team is getting the win and the game is always going to fought hard from start to finish.

these guys actually had some quit in them, it was pretty evident we were the stronger team in the first half and by the second half there were plays where their best player wasn't running back after turnovers.

Quote:
Has anyone contacted that David guy, or did he let anyone know he wasn't making it? I'm sure the entire team feels better without him there, but for all you know he could show up next week and put a strain on the team or something.

nobody's talked to him, i'm pretty sure he didn't come because he knew he was p*ssing everybody off and felt unwelcome. there's a chance he comes back but i really doubt it. Cross that bridge when we come to it I suppose.

Quote:

I'm loving those socks aswell, I need to get a pair of those, mine are just plain blue, but big and fluffy so I guess that can make up for the lack of awesome lightning bolt on the side.

Cheap Red Lion Socks

Quote:
It seems as though you are the Ariza type of your team, Lamar. Hard worker on defense, providing energy and can hit the open shots. You don't take many shots and you don't complain. I also assume you'd be a very encouraging teammate to play with.
How many games are left in the season? Do you play each team twice or just once?

man i'm really going to miss trevor this year (and this Odom to Miami stuff is the makings of heartbreak, if my two favorite players in the league leave my favorite team I'll be distraught). that is high praise and relatively accurate. I feel more like Luke Walton at this point but the analogy is still good. Definitely that kind of willing role player, truly don't care if about scoring at all if we win, love to play defense, love the challenge of taking a stronger player. there's 5 games left in the regular season. again, it's the inaugural season of the league so there's only 6 teams total, we'll play three of the teams twice and the other two teams once. Top 4 teams make the playoffs which is our only concern at this point. The team we beat yesterday probably won't win a game so we only have to best one other team to get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Not to come in here and hijack your thread

no way man, wish there was more people with photo/video/stories from their leagues

Quote:
but heres a mix of what little footage we have from our games in our lower division team, we just lost to the 1st seed in playoffs on Sunday we were 8th seed. #0 is uclalegend32 and I am #10 in black or #7 in white Marshawn is #15 and #29 and he is a beast hes class of 2011 and is a d1 prospect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w4BaxiAw4E

that is awesome. you're a little bomber out there. your feet sort of kick out apart from each other on your release sometimes but the jumper is wet. looks like a really short league, is that just skewed by the camera angle or is almost nobody even 6 foot?

Quote:
Oh Lamar btw when lilojmayo gets here, we are doing an ISH rec team. Me, UCLAlegend32, and lilojmayo are in it for sure and possibly qrich. Do you wanna run with us? Its gonna be tight.

that could be really fun, you'll have to let me know when and where and I really don't want to play with Starface.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #48
OzGriffin
I airball my layups

OzGriffin has an OK reputation so far

Whos the short bald guy with the tats, kinda looks like an older version of me. I also have the same white/blue jordan shorts he is wearing haha
OzGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #49
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzGriffin
Whos the short bald guy with the tats, kinda looks like an older version of me. I also have the same white/blue jordan shorts he is wearing haha

starting point guard for us. his name is george and i don't know much about him, cool enough guy though, i like playing with him. we're all just guys from the west side of la (venice, culver city, ingelwood, santa monica, etc) who got paired together by the league. he's got some crazy and1 shorts on in our most recent game, super long, i would trip on my knees if i wore them like that. do you have "sleeve" tattoos too?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #50
OzGriffin
I airball my layups

OzGriffin has an OK reputation so far

Yeh I've got my right arm sleeved. I also have a shaved head like him and play PG. Haha.

I dont think I'd ever play in shorts that large though!
OzGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #51
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
that is awesome. you're a little bomber out there. your feet sort of kick out apart from each other on your release sometimes but the jumper is wet. looks like a really short league, is that just skewed by the camera angle or is almost nobody even 6 foot?

that could be really fun, you'll have to let me know when and where and I really don't want to play with Starface.

Must be the camera angle but everyone is 5'10 to 6'2 in that division (lowest one) Yeah I usually don't shoot like that but that torn meniscus really messed me up and lower body hasn't reacted nicely to it which makes me kick out my feet sometimes when I shoot. Sucks cuz my jumper used to be so wet but its inconsistent now. But yeah I PMd you more info. BTW I'll also post footage of my other squad which is in the highest division its a huge difference from the lower divisions but I think we should start in a lower one just to build chemistry and maybe move up if we do good.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #52
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

congratulations on the victory, mr. doom! hopefully y'all get on a roll and keep the momentum going.

p.s. i didn't know strawberry cough actually existed! spark a nice j of that stuff for me after the next win
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #53
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

has anyone played ball with starface before? can he ball?
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #54
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
has anyone played ball with starface before? can he ball?

he showed up to the yosemite rec center game (open gym/run some of the LA ISH guys do) one time apparently, he's pseudo-buddies with the poster qrich, I heard he wasn't very good and he wears breathe right strips. Would just be weird to be team mates with the guy and then a few hours later he's calling me a fat homo online.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #55
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
p.s. i didn't know strawberry cough actually existed!

I didn't either and I don't know if the strand was "invented" before or after the movie but I'm guessing before. google search "strawberry cough", you get some funny results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris' fine ass
spark a nice j of that stuff for me after the next win

smoke is dead. i haven't used anything but a vaporizer for at least 6 months. it seemed a hassle to me at first but it's the way forward. my girlfriend has the old vapor brothers box unit which is great, I have this "new" thing called the Arizer Extreme Vapor Tower (or something) it's f*cking bad ass. they give me free joints at the dispensary some times and i end up just breaking them up and putting them in the vaporizer.

you can get it for about 200 bucks on ebay
--------------
------------------

p.s.- don't do drugs kids. a little weed is okay if you can handle it and still run your life
Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #56
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

lol true.. i doubt you guys would be fighting in real life though, but it would be awkward as hell..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #57
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
lol true.. i doubt you guys would be fighting in real life though, but it would be awkward as hell..

yep.

"hi i'm chris, remember all that sh*t you've said about me? let's forget that and play hard for 40 minutes, where's your sweet spot?"
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 AM   #58
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol, my mate got a vape recently. i can't get into it that much though; i still enjoying ripping a bong/puffing a j at my leisure way too much

p.s. you get my PM yest? "and my ass ain't no *****... my ass is a f*cking champion"?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #59
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

my team mate "Cory" and his post game interview (awkward)
Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #60
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

Quote:

penny is kinda cute. if i was cory i would've holla-ed at da girl after the fro compliment (maybe off camera, though)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: