Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #106
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

update (games 6, 7, and 8 on previous page)

we're in the playoffs. the team we play this week will also be our first round playoff opponent two weeks from sunday (all-star game in between). if we win we're in the bracket with the undefeated juggernaut team so it's a tough road but at least we know next week isn't the last game.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 09-09-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 AM   #107
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Love this thread, best read on ISH.....refreshing from the other garbage that is posted on a daily basis.
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #108
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

great man
finally something different on ISH. luckily you made the playoffs.
How many games would you have to win to make it to the championship game?

good luck!
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #109
mike12598
Decent playground baller

mike12598 is considered somewhat coolmike12598 is considered somewhat coolmike12598 is considered somewhat cool

GO ld!

(haha that reminded me of the blacks from curb your enthusiasum)
mike12598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #110
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
How many games would you have to win to make it to the championship game?

First and second round are single elimination, the finals are best of 3.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #111
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life
Love this thread, best read on ISH.....refreshing from the other garbage that is posted on a daily basis.

same, good ish
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #112
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
update (games 6, 7, and 8 on previous page)

we're in the playoffs. the team we play this week will also be our first round playoff opponent two weeks from sunday (all-star game in between). if we win we're in the bracket with the undefeated juggernaut team so it's a tough road but at least we know next week isn't the last game.

w00t w0000000t!

lamar, you're heating up. the best game is still to come, i can feel it in my loins. you will kill it hibachi style. you need to be hitting those 30 foot gilbo circus shots and all that.

p.s. the red and black look
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #113
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lightbulb Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

well there's been plenty of text, stats, and photos, how about some VIDEO?!?!

-------> IN GAME VIDEO!! <-------

you see me a few times throughout, you hear me yelling "SHOOOTER SHOOTER HAT HAT HAT" to distract them from the bench too. last play is me getting a loose ball, bringing it up, not understanding why nobody is guarding me, and shooting a 3, it felt good so i start running back but it's off and they run out and score (and1, horrible foul by my team mate). Really poor clock managment by your boy Lamar Doom but I couldn't be more open and we were down 3, it just felt right.

Here's what the league said about the game:

September 10th, 2009 by Mr Lex

Tale of two halves for the Usual Suspects

The first game of the evening would prove to be a tale of two halves. The Usual Suspects came in as the clear favorite as they were yet to lose a game this season. However, the MFA 1.0 team would not simply roll over and die; they came out to fight!

Lead by an impressive (season high) 21 points from Cory Aycock and another solid 15 point, 6 rebound performance by Gene Shepard. MFA 1.0 would go in at half time only 2 points off the lead. The second half would prove another story all together. The offence magic that had helped the MFA 1.0 team to stay competitive in the first half all but disappeared as the Usual Suspects kept firing and eventually ended up with a 33-point victory behind a game high 22 from William Kieffer.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 09-11-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:27 AM   #114
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Hey Lamar how many games do you have left? The season starts this Sunday for Pac Rim. I PMed you BTW
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #115
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
well there's been plenty of text, stats, and photos, how about some VIDEO?!?!

-------> IN GAME VIDEO!! <-------

you see me a few times throughout, you hear me yelling "SHOOOTER SHOOTER HAT HAT HAT" to distract them from the bench too. last play is me getting a loose ball, bringing it up, not understanding why nobody is guarding me, and shooting a 3, it felt good so i start running back but it's off and they run out and score (and1, horrible foul by my team mate). Really poor clock managment by your boy Lamar Doom but I couldn't be more open and we were down 3, it just felt right.

Here's what the league said about the game:

September 10th, 2009 by Mr Lex

Tale of two halves for the Usual Suspects

The first game of the evening would prove to be a tale of two halves. The Usual Suspects came in as the clear favorite as they were yet to lose a game this season. However, the MFA 1.0 team would not simply roll over and die; they came out to fight!

Lead by an impressive (season high) 21 points from Cory Aycock and another solid 15 point, 6 rebound performance by Gene Shepard. MFA 1.0 would go in at half time only 2 points off the lead. The second half would prove another story all together. The offence magic that had helped the MFA 1.0 team to stay competitive in the first half all but disappeared as the Usual Suspects kept firing and eventually ended up with a 33-point victory behind a game high 22 from William Kieffer.
That was a nice pass at 0:57.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #116
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

game 9 (regular season finale)...

poops!

girlfriend got Beatles Rock Band, been getting my Paul/John/George on. (she usually plays drums, so she's ringo, dig?)

not a ton of bball pics this week so i thought i'd share the pre-game stuff. I grew up in Iowa and went to U of Iowa. I have no excuse for my hair being this nappy.

talk to me goose. talk to me. where are you?

over the topsy

took the assignment of the best player in the league, we mostly played zone in our first game against these guys and when we switched to man late in that game i decided i wanted to check this guy the whole game next time. he's big and strong and can do a little bit of everything. intimidating guy when he's leading the break (which he did quite a bit, nice handles for a big guy, he really has everything but a perimeter shot) i tried to take a couple charges against him and didn't get the calls, not worth it at all, ouch.

big strong guy. just did my best to box out (face guard if necessary) and stand him up, did a nice job if i do say so myself. he was frustrated early on and complaining, the ref complimented me on my defense. he got a few, not much i could do about it, but i kept him well below his season average for points and boards.

this is as close as we'll come to my weekly "i'm open" photo.

Cory, red haired dude there, had another terrific game. I'd even go so far as to say he's outplayed Gene, our best player, the last two weeks. Gene doesn't get a lot of calls, i feel for him, he's a slasher and there's calls that those guys just expect to get when they go to the rim and he doesn't get them. The weeks where we were really sharp were when he was getting his normal shots, getting some calls, and hitting jumpers, his jumper has been off the last few weeks, not getting calls and we just don't have enough scorers on our team to compensate for his off nights.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #117
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

I look like a doofus here, i don't know what's going on, looks like i saw something shiny on the floor and became transfixed.

felt pretty good in warmups. another week of promising myself i was going to get to the gym and get tons of shots up and not coming through.

herky jerky

I was gassed all game. we only had 6 guys and our point guard fouled out real early on. I thought he got tossed at first because he was mouthing off and cussing and got called for a (2 shot and the ball) tech. He seems like he's been upset the last few weeks, I don't know what's going on with him. He's not having a great season and our team has been struggling, maybe he's just frustrated, don't know, he just seems distant and stand offish. Either way we were left with 5 guys and I just didn't have much juice today. Took two 3-pointers, missed them both. Season's a total wash from a scoring standpoint, if i'd hit a third of my shots we might be a different team, but it just hasn't been there for me. We only had 3 guys score tonight period, can't win games like that. Maybe with ben wallace and dennis rodman on your team you can just have 3 scorers, but not at this level. I'm going to start getting over to the gym (seriously) a few times a week again to just work on shooting so hopefully the winter season won't go this awry. Sorry fans, I know I let you down. Maybe my dormant jump shot will wake up for the playoffs and I'll go ballistic. Fingers crossed. Next week is the all star game, maybe i'll take a few photos (especially if i win the sportsmanship award) but the next real update will be in two weeks after the opening round of the playoffs where we'll play these guys that we played tonight again.

final regular season record: 2-7

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 09-14-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #118
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

whatever happened to that one guy everyone hated? At least you guys won 2 games. A few years ago I was on a team that went 1-9.

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 09-15-2009 at 04:50 AM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #119
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
whatever happened to that one guy everyone hated? At least you guys won 2 games. A few years ago I was on a team that went 1-9.

he stopped showing after the first two games, had a couple rough moments/confrontations with a few of us and probably decided it was best not to come back. I've wondered if he'll try to get on a different team in the winter league. 2 games isn't the end of the world, we clearly established we weren't the worst team in the league. We played some close games along the way. We have a chance to beat our first round playoff opponent, they beat us both times during the season but we're not totally outclassed (as we will be if we advance), we're just going to have to hit shots, our defense keeps us in games.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #120
JackTheRipper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JackTheRipper has an OK reputation so far

Tough breaks on the season overall, but as long as you had some fun along the way it wasn't a complete loss. I've been following the thread for a while (kudos by the way) but had to chime in with a "Go Hawkeyes!"

Now get to the gym and work on your shot you mangy dog!
JackTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: