Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #121
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
whatever happened to that one guy everyone hated? At least you guys won 2 games. A few years ago I was on a team that went 1-9.

damn 1-9!??!?!?! Well this summer I played for a team that I knew was going to be terrible but free (2-4) and I got to avg 23ppg (I usually avg 9-11ppg)

I think other than that I've been on a team that went 3-8 (they lost 5 games I missed with a bad ankle), and 2x went 4-5 in a winter league and summer league.
BUT 1-9!!! Dude I'd be so mad.... well not that mad but I'd prob start *****ing if they were just blow out games
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #122
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

And to LD, this is prob the best thread in the streetball section; ty for the reads. You sound like one tough defender! Sometimes it's all you need to get respect if you're not great at much else (shooting, dribbling, etc)
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #123
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

Waitin' for the playoffs I am
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #124
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
Waitin' for the playoffs I am

get at least one win we will
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #125
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

All-star Game

All-star "weekend" started with awards ceremony and some clapping for the people who helped make it happen. Big Dan here got league MVP (see games 6 and 9) he's averaging like 30 and 12 and absolutely deserves it, dude is a beast. I did NOT win the sportsmanship award but my team mate (who wasn't there, great sportsmanship) did so that was cool. Still...

(yes that's the finger i put in your sister's butt)

Gene (above, reverse dunking) and Cory (below, curly red haired mother****er) from my team made the all star team (Gene voted in by players/fans and Cory chosen by the league staff) and were put on different teams. Speaking of teams, I don't know what race war starting bigot picked the teams but it was black guys (ironically in white) vs. white guys, look at this:

what the hell is that about? this is venice california, love love, hand in hand with one another, sister and brother. (thank god they kept the hispanics and asians out of this game)

not a close game at all. The biggest guy for the white team didn't show up and they got manhandled on the glass, didn't play D, didn't pass well, and forced shots. The blue team was up quite a few at half (pictured above) and ended up winning by 20 some. Gene had a terrible game but Cory was probably the all-star MVP, (don't know if they actually gave out that honor) he killed it.

the ever-embarassing brick that sticks between the rim and glass. the white team was recklessly chucking 3's the last ten minutes, hard to watch. If the talent doesn't dramatically increase for the winter session (this was the inaugural season) I hope to make the all-star team. (p.s.- if you any of you LA area guys are interested let me know, winter session starts early november)

Next week we face "Give it to you later" (featuring league MVP Dan Z and some other talented fellas) in the opening round of the playoffs. It's a team we CAN beat but some things need to happen for us to have a legit chance, that includes a DECENT shooting effort by me and a good/great night from at least 2 of our 3 best guys.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #126
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Instead of you coming here, me and liloj should join your team and I could possibly bring a few guys from Return to Sender who are 6'5 or taller and super athletic
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #127
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Instead of you coming here, me and liloj should join your team and I could possibly bring a few guys from Return to Sender who are 6'5 or taller and super athletic

i was going to ask you about that but i wanted to see what my team mates from this season were doing before i started orchestrating changes. will definitely get at you on that when i sort it out
Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #128
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

some comically unspectacular highlights from the all star game
Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #129
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
Their 3rd or 4th best player is Carlyle Holiday if that's any indication of the level of athleticism they have.

Nice. Antwaan Randle-El on the redskins plays in the league at my gym in the spring (top league though, i ain't messing around with that).

he is listed at at 5'10" but when i stood next to him, but if he is 5'10", i must be 6'5", which i clearly am not. he has got to be 5'7 or 5'8" max. he can jump out of the gym though, dunk with ease, and one of the fastest people i've ever seen. his team kicked everyone else's a$$. they had a couple players that played for george mason when they made the final four in 2006, so they just killed everyone.

our gym is nice, so we actually get some athletes or former athletes going there for pick-up. i've seen shawn springs and darrell green there. also, apparently steve kerr has played pick up there when he was a commentator and in town for a wizards game (a rare occurance). and when grant hill was in high school at south lakes in reston, va, apparently he would ball there all the time too. these guys weren't regulars or anything but would show up sometimes.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #130
sergiorodriguez

Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Quote:
All-star Game

All-star "weekend" started with awards ceremony and some clapping for the people who helped make it happen. Big Dan here got league MVP (see games 6 and 9) he's averaging like 30 and 12 and absolutely deserves it, dude is a beast. I did NOT win the sportsmanship award but my team mate (who wasn't there, great sportsmanship) did so that was cool. Still...

(yes that's the finger i put in your sister's butt)

Gene (above, reverse dunking) and Cory (below, curly red haired mother****er) from my team made the all star team (Gene voted in by players/fans and Cory chosen by the league staff) and were put on different teams. Speaking of teams, I don't know what race war starting bigot picked the teams but it was black guys (ironically in white) vs. white guys, look at this:

what the hell is that about? this is venice california, love love, hand in hand with one another, sister and brother. (thank god they kept the hispanics and asians out of this game)

not a close game at all. The biggest guy for the white team didn't show up and they got manhandled on the glass, didn't play D, didn't pass well, and forced shots. The blue team was up quite a few at half (pictured above) and ended up winning by 20 some. Gene had a terrible game but Cory was probably the all-star MVP, (don't know if they actually gave out that honor) he killed it.

the ever-embarassing brick that sticks between the rim and glass. the white team was recklessly chucking 3's the last ten minutes, hard to watch. If the talent doesn't dramatically increase for the winter session (this was the inaugural season) I hope to make the all-star team. (p.s.- if you any of you LA area guys are interested let me know, winter session starts early november)

Next week we face "Give it to you later" (featuring league MVP Dan Z and some other talented fellas) in the opening round of the playoffs. It's a team we CAN beat but some things need to happen for us to have a legit chance, that includes a DECENT shooting effort by me and a good/great night from at least 2 of our 3 best guys.
where do these games take place in venice, i am in the suck known as chatsworth in the san fernando valley, so it might be a drive but if the league is once a week sundays I could probably show up for you guys, do you mind 19 year old punk ass kids in the league?
Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #131
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
where do these games take place in venice, i am in the suck known as chatsworth in the san fernando valley, so it might be a drive but if the league is once a week sundays I could probably show up for you guys, do you mind 19 year old punk ass kids in the league?

league is over next week, starts back up in november, if the team i'm on now doesn't come back (or just a few people do) there was talk of maybe doing the ISH team with echo and liloj and some other cats. would definitely get you in on that. 19 year old punks asses welcome, as long as you're good to your own team mates and don't make fun of my lack of a left hand. games are at the VBGC
Old 09-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #132
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
Nice. Antwaan Randle-El on the redskins plays in the league at my gym in the spring (top league though, i ain't messing around with that).

I love randle-el, he was the QB at indiana when i was at Iowa so i got to see him plenty, he's a rare freak athlete, probably could have gone pro in several sports and would have been a gladiator of men in a different time.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #133
sergiorodriguez

Quote:
league is over next week, starts back up in november, if the team i'm on now doesn't come back (or just a few people do) there was talk of maybe doing the ISH team with echo and liloj and some other cats. would definitely get you in on that. 19 year old punks asses welcome, as long as you're good to your own team mates and don't make fun of my lack of a left hand. games are at the VBGC
if you get a ISH team together I can play for sure, and I have no left handed post moves either, infact offensively all I'm useful for is leading or finishing a fast break, bad jumper, only advantages are I dribble with my head up which isn't that much of an advantage, and have good handles with both hands, problem is my decision making is suspect too, in short ill be more a hindrance than a help if you guys are even average ballers, but I'll be sixth man I'll be like ISH team's real life Sergio Rodriguez my jumper sucks like his too. I'm actually a real good sport on the court.

Last edited by sergiorodriguez : 09-27-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #134
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

If you come get me in Portugal, i will play for your team
I'm PG, ambidestrous (i think i wrote correctly) and i can put some speed on your team, and i can shoot a lot from downton too. I like to D the others PG full court ahah
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #135
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
if you get a ISH team together I can play for sure, and I have no left handed post moves either, infact offensively all I'm useful for is leading or finishing a fast break, bad jumper, only advantages are I dribble with my head up which isn't that much of an advantage, and have good handles with both hands, problem is my decision making is suspect too, in short ill be more a hindrance than a help if you guys are even average ballers, but I'll be sixth man I'll be like ISH team's real life Sergio Rodriguez my jumper sucks like his too. I'm actually a real good sport on the court.

Would be tight to have a ALL ISH team and get some jerseys sponsored from ISH as well
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: