Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation
Default What Number are you and why?

Everyone likes to choose the number they will wear during the season. But why is a certain number so important to you? Everyone has their own story, so whats yours?

During the season I wear the number 13. My story is not very great, but back when i started playing basketball, which was like 3rd or 4th grade we got to choose our numbers so I chose 13 because 13 age wise meant you were a teenager, and i just couldnt wait to be a teenager. Stupid I know, but i was a little kid. Anyways, Every year, I wanted to be the same number, and then sooner or later it just became the number i HAD to have if i was going to play.lol.

Actually during the summer league that just past i wore number 21 for a change, and i probably played the worst ball in my life for the entire summer league. No Joke. I'm ussually a threat when Im on the court, but something about wearing a new number screwed me up. I couldnt shoot worth crap, i had probably around 10 turnovers during the entire summer season. (Thats alot for me)..finally i just stuck to passing.

One thing is for sure, I am going back to 13 for the upcomming season..

So what about you, whats your story?
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Number are you and why?

Number 7 because as a kid I was just obsessed with that number and even one time asked my parents if I could change my birthday too December 7 instead of 30
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

32 becuase of Magic Johnson. Loved the way he played the game and I'm a pass 1st PG that likes to play flashy just like he did.
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation

I'm number 6, nothing special. It's kinda funny becuase afterwards I realised that it's the same number Lebron was wearing @the Olympics, and that I had the same initials ^^ even though Im a kobe fan xD
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 AM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whatever # the shirt/jersey that fits me has on it. Preferably 0.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

13. No real reason. In the UK, team numbers only go from 4 to 15. The size of the jersey goes up with the number. Since I was the second biggest guy on the team, I took 13. I didn't want 14, because it just doesn't look right.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

7 has always been my lucky/favorite number. I remember being #3 as a kid in baseball because I loved Dale Murphy, and #17 in soccer because #7 has a connotation in that sport that I can't live up to, and #42 a couple times because I couldn't choose a number (but 42 was actually my dad's number in college). Otherwise I'm always 7. So is my man Lamar Odom and that's bad ass.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tribute to Michael Jordan, Cedric Ceballos, and LeBron James.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Number 9, it's what my brother wore for soccer. He was one of the best players until he blew out both knees at an early age.

I've also worn 13, 26, 45.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

50. Okafor wore 50 for UConn and he is my favorite UConn player to ever play.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #11
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I wore #6 because of Dr. J and Walter "The Greyhound" Davis. Those were my two favorite players back in the day.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

when I pick my jersey for my senior year Id like to be either #1 or #0

#1: because all the hard work and obstacles I had to get through to come out the best. When I look at the number I will say to myself I am the best #1. So its to motivate me.

#0: It represents me as an underdog, and underrated. Ill go out and prove to everyone Im not a zero, im not a nobody.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #13
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

#3 or #1.

#1 because when I step out on the court, Im #1, and nobody is gonna make me think otherwise. #3 because I just like it, not a true reasoning behind it.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

its crazy that a day after my previous post I got to have number 1 in the summer league game.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #15
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

13 because I think choosing an unlucky # is somehow bad ass...
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: