Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Knicks set to offer Ramon Session the MLE

WTF!

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...722/index.html

Clippers lone suitor for Sessions?

Several league sources said Wednesday that they believed the New York Knicks had abandoned their pursuit of Bucks restricted free agent guard Ramon Sessions, leaving the Clippers as the prime candidate for the 23-year-old. The Oklahoma City Thunder has a tangential interest, according to sources, but is not believed to be seriously pursuing Sessions.

With the Knicks still trying to keep as much cap room as possible for 2010, tying up funds in Sessions apparently is not a priority for New York, which is also in the midst of discussions with unrestricted free agent Andre Miller. However, the same limitations apply for Miller, who is looking for more than the one year offered by both New York and Philadelphia.

I am not feeling J.Tinsley either!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #32
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Man they cant do anything the fans want.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i wouldnt mine tinsley for a year or two.doubt it will happen tho.walsh did come from indi where tinsley n the pacers had bad blood
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #34
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I say they should keep that offer for Sessions. Watch him sign with some other team and become a top 10 pg.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #35
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i doubt he becomes a top 10 point.the main suitor for him is LAC and he wont start there unless they somehow find someone to trade B-Diddy with.if Baron didnt get paid so much,i wudnt mind having him here.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #36
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I think the fact the Clippers got Telfair in the trade for Q-Rich puts them out of the bidding for Ramon Sessions.

Maybey the Knicks can get him at theyre proposed deal, instead of going to a 5 year deal.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #37
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

i would think so too.however theres also the possibility that they are underrating telfair like alot of ppl in this forum.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #38
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I have'nt seen Telfair play that much.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #39
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He is a decent backup point. I wouldn't have him as starting point guard.

Here was a summary from a post I had awhile ago........

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
There are many 6'0 players in the world of basketball today that prefer to shoot first, rather than be a pass first player (which is what people of that height are trained to do, normally).

Sebastian Telfair is one of these types of players. He is a shoot first player. Unfortunately, he can't shoot.

It's both a shame and a travesty that this should be the case. Telfair has passing skills rivalled by few of his peers, and arrived in the league to great fanfare for this reason. He had a cover shoot for Slam Magazine, and was hyped as the next big thing. Sadly, it all went **** up when it became apparent that being able to make really fancy passes is not the same thing as being able to run an NBA offense. And at this, Sebastian struggles. Mightily.

He is best when looking for his own shot, but his own shot is not very good. He is an inefficient scorer, who can finish well at the rim, but who doesn't get there very well. His jumpshot is extremely inconsistent and, frankly, rather poor. And yet Sebastian continues to put them up. Worse yet is his defense, which is rather poor. Disadvantaged by a lack of size and strength, Telfair doesn't help himself by not putting forward much effort on defense; even when he can stay in front of you, he'll often switch off and won't.

Now in the interests of fairness, I should intersperse this with a few positives, in a bid to be Tel-fair to Sebastian. (That joke is now retired.) He can pass the ball, has a fine handle, and runs an offense to a reasonable standard for a backup NBA point guard. But it's hard to go further than that with the good times. Not much has gone right for Sebastian at the NBA level, not on the court nor off it.

knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Franchize is probably the only person not related to him that thinks Telly is a good NBA player....
Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #41
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Ah. But the Knicks seemed to have found a good back up point in Douglas.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #42
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

I just read a qutoe from Ramon Sessions agent. He said that they are still having conversations with the Knicks.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #43
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Ramon is looking for a 5 year deal worth 35 and the Knicks aint doing that which is smart... I like Ramon and would LOVE to have him but I think we learned our lesson with Jerome James... I think 3 years is good not even sure I would do 4, especially when Ramon doesnt have a market really.... Dont bid against yourself Walsh 1st good think you've done so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Ah. But the Knicks seemed to have found a good back up point in Douglas.
sarcasm....

Last edited by Rameek : 07-24-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #44
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

if it's a no brainer that you are going to b Duhon's back-up...you're not really that good at all lol.If you can't distinguish yaself from Duhon,your career is looking really suspect lol.N maybe i am the only person that likes Telfair but you gotta admit one thing Rameek,i always back my $h!t up with facts!!! Unlike some ppl here that just blurt out garbage w/ no supporting arguments. No1 in here is your child so the "because i said so" line dont work here lol. even my momma gotta explain herself now lol.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #45
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

If the Knicks are the only team goin for him then a 3 year deal is realistic and I would perfer that more. If he proves him self in that time then sign him to another 2 year deal.

Its hard to know when someones using sarcasm over the internet
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: