Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation
Default Are You a Hot Headed Player? (Trashtalker, dirty)

Trash Talking, one of the most favorite things to do while playing defense and offense.

On Offense I have lines like "You think you can stop me" or "Pah, please, you should probably get someone else on me man, double team or somethin, cause your whole team aint gonna be able to stop me"

Off ball defense is more like "You aint touchin it, nope not once" I'll just keep on puttin that in thier ear until they get frusterated because they still havent touched the ball..

I love talking trash on offense, cause once you get into their head they try to start reaching and start trying to steal the ball and pplay pressure D, and when they do that, i just go right past them and ussually score or dish the ball to another wide open man or if i see a better shot opening up..

On defense i just try to get into their head, to make them attempt to do things that they normally dont do. Its great fun.

I guess you can kinda call me a dirty ish player on defense. When the other team is in bounding the ball i front my man and I'll do anything and everything to make sure he doesnt touch the ball. A little tip for those wanting to know how to stop a faster player from getting the ball on an inbound pass.. Front them and face them, then when they start to move, just grab ahold of the front of their jersesy, then let go, and if they start pulling away, grab ahold again. Be carefull with grabbing jerseys and or arms or anything, as long as your basically still infront of your man then the refs wont call it, but if they see your man start to pull away and then all of a sudden your back in front of him, then they will call it.

Another move i use is when I have the ball, and my defender is pressuring me, then I'll step on his foot and drive past him, I keep my foot on his foot so if he trys to move back he will fall over, or if he stays where he is, a block will be called, and last but not least theirs always a chance that he'll try to turn and let me go by, but the weight of my foot will keep his foot in the same place when he turns which sometimes results in him tweaking his ankle. Dirty, I know, but it works.

I've only done this once, but it was a loose ball, and one of my teamates dove for it and so did this other player, they were fighting over the ball, so i ran up and when the ref called the jump ball, the guy on the other team got up and as he did so, i put my knee in his face. It was somewhat accidental, but i had no real reason to get that close, but anyways, the guy pushed me and he got ejected from the game.

I ussually only get hottheaded when it comes to the refs, I ussually only get pissed when they wont call any fouls on our side. For example, I drove in and did a reverse lay in but on my way up my arms got hacked hardcore, the ref was standing right their in front and saw the whole thing but didnt call it. I looked at the ref and i was like "damn man, did you forget what your job was" He just told me to watch it that time, but then on the other side of the court one of the other teams guys drove towards the basket and went in for the lay in and i got a clean block, seriously it was nothing but ball. and the same ref calls a foul. I just laughed.

Okay, so sometime later, i get a clean lane at the basket, so i drive in one guy pushes me while im in the air, and another guy totally takes out my arms, I hit the ground. No Call. The game kept on going. I went right up to the ref and said somethin like "are you ****ing kidding me, do you need some glasses for this side of the court or something, is it the lighting?!?!"

I got ejected. man, I was raging pissed. I mean, their was only two refs at this game, and neither of them were officiating fairly.

So this is basically my, coming clean thread.

What about you guys, are you guys hot headed, trash talkers, or dirty players or all of the above. I know i can be all of them in the same games sometimes..
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
lil_miketaylor
I hit open layups

lil_miketaylor has decent reputation
Default Re: Are You a Hot Headed Player? (Trashtalker, dirty)

hell yea i talk trash after i teabag nggas i get hyped
lil_miketaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't play any sort of organized ball these days really, so some of that kind of talk is liable to start a fist fight, but I still slip in the subtle jabs. I like to think defense is my best attribute, I've really got exceptional timing and a quick jump when blocking a shot. Pretty fun to swat a guy's J off of straight man D when you're around 5'8. Don't really say much, unless they've been talking, just give em that look with the smirk, I'm sure you all know it, that "yeah, you know I got you" look.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

More when I was in high school, early college. Nowadays, I find it to childish. Not to say that if somone was jawing at me, I don't snap back.. but I don't really find a need to anymore.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate people that talk trash when playing basketball. Especially when the person talking isn't that good. Obviously, I don't mind if it's just friends joking around. I'll only do it if someone else starts talking to me, otherwise I prefer to just play basketball.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dont trash talk until I do something of value.Even then, I dont do it too much. People get killed over anything these days.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

Only when I don't like the other team. Then I start becoming a real *****, trash talking + sarcasm all rolled into one.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah. I am.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Yeah. I am.
I think your avatar tells the story.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I think your avatar tells the story.
Psh, Ive never had a chainsaw at the game!!!

Coach took it after practice.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Gold.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont "trash" talk but i do act cocky in a funny way, even though people pretty much know that im just joking around.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Quote:

hahahahah

Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
Marny Navis
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Marny Navis has an OK reputation so far

My mood changes a lot when I play. Some nights I get down on myself early, and let the F-bombs roll. I don't really trash talk, just a bunch of negativity towards myself if I do something bad. For the most part I'm a clean player, but I've had my fair share of little elbows, etc. I feel I play best when I'm in control and my mindset is positive. It's tough for me to get over something I do wrong, but if I can play smart and calm then I usually do better.

Trash talk like Splitz used isn't something I do; I'm mainly a role player at this point so I try not to act better than I really am. Stepping on other people's feet is another thing I'd probably never attempt, but if I'm pissed off enough I might get dirty.
Marny Navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: