Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #31
OzGriffin
I airball my layups

OzGriffin has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are You a Hot Headed Player? (Trashtalker, dirty)

If your trash talking and you dont win, you come off looking like a ****ing idiot.
OzGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #32
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation

It depends really. In a streetball game, rec or something not official I will probably talk a lot of trash it makes the game more fun. But in an official game I can't talk trash because I need to be focused and I need to be able to think clearly on what the team is doing. A lot of times when my team talks trash the game ends in a brawl.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #33
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
How tall are you? I have a friend who's around 5'4" and he's got a short fuse too, especially with tall guys. I remember this one time he was being bullied by a 6-2 guy and eventually friend just jumped on him and bit in the face. Mike Tyson'd that ****. It was ****ed up. I've never seen anything like it.

Needless to say, I've never balled with him again. That was like 6-7 years ago.
I am 6'3" now but back then I was probably just cracking the 6' mark.
I always played bigger than my height and I love getting inside and using my strength to box out the big dudes. That why I flipped cuz I boxed out a bigger guy and he was still hanging on me.

and damn I wouldn't play with him either lol
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #34
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
But I am good. lol. I'm already pretty sure I'm gonna go on and play college ball after my senior year. And I dont talk trash jsut because i know im good, I talk trash cause it maeks the other team suck. They try to do things teh just cant do, like take me one on one.lol.
Comment wasn't directed at you. I didn't even read your post it was too long But do you have any offers?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #35
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Comment wasn't directed at you. I didn't even read your post it was too long But do you have any offers?

I've talked to a couple coaches, from some community colleges and I've talked to the head coach at University of Washington. Basically all they've said so far is their going to wait and see how i do over my senior year. I will probably end up playing for a community college like Eastern (EWU) Or something then transfering to a university because I go to a 1B school now. So the competition levels are alot lower than say a 4 or 5A school.

@ Fastbreak that Magic DVD ripper thing keeps on freezing up my computer right as I start ripping my disc.

Did that happen to you, is their a way to fix it?
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #36
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
I've talked to a couple coaches, from some community colleges and I've talked to the head coach at University of Washington. Basically all they've said so far is their going to wait and see how i do over my senior year. I will probably end up playing for a community college like Eastern (EWU) Or something then transfering to a university because I go to a 1B school now. So the competition levels are alot lower than say a 4 or 5A school.

@ Fastbreak that Magic DVD ripper thing keeps on freezing up my computer right as I start ripping my disc.

Did that happen to you, is their a way to fix it?

maybe you dl'd a bad version of it? the only times i haven't had it work for me was when the cd would be messed up. ill try to find a link to where i got mine from. which version did you download?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #37
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
maybe you dl'd a bad version of it? the only times i haven't had it work for me was when the cd would be messed up. ill try to find a link to where i got mine from. which version did you download?

I DL'd it from pirate bay..every where else i looked wanted me to pay for it.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #38
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Thats crazy. Why would you bite someone if your life wasnt in danger? That is so unsanitary.

I have no clue. Kid has Napoleon complex or something. The entire car ride home I was just going, "what the **** is wrong you?" even just kind of goading him to come at me cause I really wanted to lay him out.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #39
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBryant24
I am 6'3" now but back then I was probably just cracking the 6' mark.
I always played bigger than my height and I love getting inside and using my strength to box out the big dudes. That why I flipped cuz I boxed out a bigger guy and he was still hanging on me.

and damn I wouldn't play with him either lol

Oh ok. Yeah, none of my friends have asked him to play ball again. We kind of act like it never happened and just am remembered never to do anything competitive. He's gotten better over the years, though I haven't seen it much. We were just 17 years old then, I'd hope he's matured.

Yeah, I'm 6'2" and I need taller friends or something because I always end up being having to guard like 6'5" to 6'8" whenever I go play. Unlike you, I don't like playing inside. I'm a shooter, always will be which is fun to make big guys try to chase me all around the court, but on defense it sucks like hell.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:08 AM   #40
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Not really. I'm very emotional, but I usually don't trash talk. I get very hyped up when something good happens, and pretty pissed when the refs call a foul on me after a clean block.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #41
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i don't trash talk, in fact i hardly ever say a word, but i love playing against people who do. best thing ever is when you're on offense and a trash talking guy is d'ing up on you and in the middle of his trash talking sentence you pull up and drain a jumper right in front of him. it happens pretty often at the park and when i hit the shot i just jog back on defense shaking my head. the head shake gets them real mad
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #42
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

OJMayoDaFuture has an OK reputation so far

I Do The Lil Deshawn Stevenson Now And Then But I TrashTalk To Who Need TrashTalking
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #43
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nah, I rarely ever talk trash. Id rather just let my game do the talking.. but I do enjoy playing against people that talk trash.. keeps me motivated :p
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #44
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation here

Nope. I am like Tim Duncan on the court, smooth and quiet. I never talk trash. Heck I never complain about a call.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #45
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

I like keeping quite and not yelling at somebody for the sake of conflict...I can deal with hot headed ppl pretty well, though.
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: