Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 12-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Devin1410
I brick open layups

Devin1410 has an OK reputation so far
Default Should i get hyperdunks?

been saving up for them for weeks and just want final confirmation that they are good.
Devin1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should i get hyperdunks?

Best shoes to play ball in IMO.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Extremely light, very good shoes especially for a guard. Im 5'11" 175 and they are perfect for me. Only drawback is that they have a very short lifespan. I read somewhere that they only have a 80 hr lifespan. We were balling at UCLA a couple weeks ago and this one guy posterized someone and everyone was and not at the guy that got dunked on but the guy who made the dunk landed and his Hyperdunks tore in half. Ive had mine for about a month and they are still in good condition so I don't know if the 80 hr lifespan part is true but I saw a guys have his tear in half so I guess it also depends on how active you are and how hard you play in them.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
dj ys
I airball my layups

dj ys has not been impressing people

yeah i can't speak on durability as i just picked them up on black friday. I've worn them 5 times and they are AMAZING. My favorite ball shoe of all time just ahead of The Questions. Hopefully they don't split on me lol. I picked up a pair of Zoom II soldiers also as a backup pair.
dj ys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj ys
yeah i can't speak on durability as i just picked them up on black friday. I've worn them 5 times and they are AMAZING. My favorite ball shoe of all time just ahead of The Questions. Hopefully they don't split on me lol. I picked up a pair of Zoom II soldiers also as a backup pair.

lol...

****kk....

I just bought mine on black friday and they felt fine...
I got the black/purple/yellow kobe ones...

I've only balled up once in them...

That 80 hr life span is when playing outdoors? or indoors? or both?
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Ives
I airball my layups

Ives has an OK reputation so far

Nike has to think about us normal people... we cant afford to wear brand new Hyperdunks every game like NBA players do. :)
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
That 80 hr life span is when playing outdoors? or indoors? or both?

Im not exactly a shoe expert but my sneakerhead friends tell me that something about the lunar foam cushioning breaks very easily so it might not even be 80 hrs. I guess if you don't jump much the shoes will last longer but if your an intense player then you may want to cop an extra pair in case.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #8
baller94
I airball my layups

baller94 has an OK reputation so far

There's no question that Hyperdunks are best basketball shoes to play in. However, the short lifespan is quite a drawback. If you really want Hyperdunks then I suggest you buy 2 or more pairs and alternate every time you play, so they stay playable, per se.
baller94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #9
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Mordecai11 has decent reputation

I've had my Hyperdunks ever since July and mine are still fine?
I play ball almost everyday and i'm the starting PG..
Mordecai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #10
baller94
I airball my layups

baller94 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai11
I've had my Hyperdunks ever since July and mine are still fine?
I play ball almost everyday and i'm the starting PG..

Are you an aggressive player? The lifespan of Hyperdunks depends on the person wearing them. Has the Lunar Foam bottomed out?
baller94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:24 AM   #11
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Post Re: Should i get hyperdunks?

I Ordered mine , and its till being ship..When i get it. im only gonna use it when i go to a mall or watch in a movie theater or hang-out with my friends. i will never play basketball with it. it will ruin it.

I have the KObe Away Nike hYperdunks One!

Purple,Black,Yellow/Dandelion

If you dont know what hyperdunk is here is some pics:

Order them here : http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/advan...Nike+Hyperdunk

Pls dont Mark me as Spam. its a only a guide where to buy it online

Last edited by Kobe8 : 12-07-2008 at 02:27 AM.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Mordecai11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller94
Are you an aggressive player? The lifespan of Hyperdunks depends on the person wearing them. Has the Lunar Foam bottomed out?

ahaha yeah i'm pretty relentless.. a little bit of the sole is peeling but other than that they are fine..
Mordecai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #13
lakers_fan4life
Serious playground baller

lakers_fan4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8

hahah dude no one is gonna mark you as spam chill out LOL

people post links all the time and stuff you will be fine
lakers_fan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 AM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
I Ordered mine , and its till being ship..When i get it. im only gonna use it when i go to a mall or watch in a movie theater or hang-out with my friends. i will never play basketball with it. it will ruin it.

I have the KObe Away Nike hYperdunks One!

Purple,Black,Yellow/Dandelion

If you dont know what hyperdunk is here is some pics:

Order them here : http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/advan...Nike+Hyperdunk

These are the ones i got!!!!!

only mine dont look as skinny...lol
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #15
meanmonster
I brick open layups

meanmonster has an OK reputation so far

I loved the Hyperdunks, at first, then after about 2 wks of playing they began peeling, and eventually busted wide open at about 6 weeks. I am a player that plays all positions 1-4. I actually think these work better for a 4 position in some ways, because that pos. is not cutting as much. I still regard Zoom BB the best Nike Basketball shoe with Hurache 2nd.
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: