Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Herrmann out with foot injury.

Charlotte Observer
Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Bobcats forward Walter Herrmann will miss seven to 10 days with a strained right foot.

The Bobcats signed Herrmann, a native of Argentina, to a one-year contract in September. Known for his outside shooting when he played in the Spanish ACB League, Herrmann has missed all nine shots he has taken in Charlotte's first two exhibition games.

"I think (the injury) is a good thing because he gets time off," coach Bernie Bickerstaff said before Monday morning's exhibition game against Washington. "It gives him the time off because he's been playing a lot of basketball."

Herrmann averaged 9.8 points for Argentina in this summer's world championships, where he scored 25 points and 23 points in back-to-back wins over Venezuela and Lebanon.

"The part that he is not doing is my least concern and that's shooting and missing," Bickerstaff said. "I have no concern about that at all because it's something I know the guy can do. We watched that consistently. We just got to embrace him, put our arm around him and tell him to keep firing it."

Herrmann could be fighting for a roster spot in Charlotte. The team has 16 players with guaranteed contracts and only 15 roster spots for the regular season.

Bickerstaff said guard Brevin Knight, who sprained his right ankle in the first exhibition game Oct. 10, will probably miss at least another week.
This is really tough. At least it isn't something major, just a little strain that will heal with proper time off. I think he'll be fine as far as a roster spot is concerned.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: