Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Just a quick quote from the rumors page

Something Jeff wrote:

Quote:
InsideHoops.com expects Vince Carter to stick with the Nets when the time comes... Antoine Wright has game. And Marcus Williams looks very good so far...
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the problem is, where's the money going to come from? i haven't looked at the exact figures recently but it's going to be tough carrying three max contracts and staying flexible enough to deal with the future contracts of others...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Krstic has said he is willing to go for less.

signing your own free agents above the cap is okay.

when Marcus Williams is eligible to unrestricted free agency, Kidd's contract will have expired. if Kidd still wants to play, I'm sure he will accept a more modest offer.

moreover, the Nets can give the full MLE to any one player they feel is a critical piece from their bench now. of course, it nothing pans out, they can always eject their current bench years later and still be within the cap.

the Nets are over the limit right now by a little, but Ratner says he is willing to spend (not Knicks proportions) in order to win.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i didn't know krstic had said that... nice to know.

as for ratner, i'm not sure what to believe. perhaps he'll be able to keep the current team together but historically under his ownership the nets have been almost non-factors in the free agent market.

i'm not saying we can't win a championship with what we have, but not being able to add quality pieces through free agency is a handicap. about the only free agent signing who's worked out the last few years has been cliffy (actually i can't remember if he was a FA or acquired for a pick). every other FA signing has pretty-much been a dud, which is not surprising because thorn/stefanski are chronically limited to shopping for bargains...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Ratner actually really does care about the team, as he has been learnin everything he can about basketball, and evne sitting in the crowd chatting with fans ( i actually spoke to him once, he seems like one of those gentle grandfatherly figures) but he cares more about his real estate endeavors.

but i believe he is sincere, he will help the tema win, but if that goal gets in the way of developing his land (i dont see how...) then he will put the real estate above the team.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: