Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-14-2006, 01:01 AM   #76
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

^ ^Is Dallas the most "African" team in the NBA? I know Diop (Senegal) and Benga (Congo) are from the 2nd largest continent in the world. I also want to say that Josh Powell or another one of their rookies is from Africa.... Mavs fan fill me in
They should draft Saer Saene! Speaking of African basketball, why aren't there more Nigerian basketball prospects. You'd think that Nigeria, being one of the 10 largest countries in the world, and being in a basketball continent (more so than other large countries like Indonesia, India, China (minus Yao), Bangladesh)... but I can't recall one super prospect from Nigeria...
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:02 AM   #77
I hit open layups

newbie has an OK reputation so far

highlight of game 3 by GOBB!

dallas fans eating crow!

Quote:
highlight of the thread by GOBB!
Like how the Heat came back and you're eating crow

Keep trying to save face after big plates of crow

Last edited by newbie : 06-14-2006 at 01:20 AM.
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:03 AM   #78
shadymilkman

Default ..

talking about the highschool guy that always faked getting hurt... same **** happened at my rival school. during foul shots another player thought there was only 1 shot instead of 2. He boxed out the superstar kid and all the sudden he fell to the ground acting like he was dead. everyone carries him off the field and thinks he is done for good. 2 minutes later he comes back and is 100% healthy. As soon as he comes back he dunks and the crowd explodes. He ended up with 36 points and beating us single handedly.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:07 AM   #79
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
60 posts minimum bruh. You gotta sport it for atleast 60 posts before you take it down.

Ick that would probably be all summer for me. Oh well I guess i could just be a post whore for awhile.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 AM   #80
The Roxy
Decent playground baller

The Roxy has an OK reputation so far

Via tv, online, phone, food, music.

What about the women? the ponanny
The Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 AM   #81
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

heat

the good - rage back in the fourth quarter. they showed tons of heart.
the bad - they only won by 2. still pretty sloppy overall.

mavs

the good - only lost by 2 on opponent's homecourt. probably would had won by a lot if the game was in dallas.
the bad - the hell do you blow a big ass lead in the finals during fourth quarter like that.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 AM   #82
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

What an amazing game. Im glad heat won. IF they win next 2, they have a good chance at winning it all. I thought it was pretty much over, but we will just have to see. I cant believe that Dampier didnt get T'd up for hanging whiile D-wade did... n there was some other bad calls-wth? Does cuban have that much influence on refs?
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #83
Three
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Three has an OK reputation so far
Default Heat's winning formula

Dallas should be up 3-0 but they played tentatively "not to lose" during the final 6 minutes of Game 3. Wade and the Heat were very aggressive and played great defense.

In preparation for Game 4, the Heat should review what they did right during the final 6 minutes of Game 3 and continue doing it. They also played great during the first 2 quarters of Game 3!

Another strategy is for Shaq to just continue matching Nowitzki's free throw misses :)
Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 AM   #84
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Man some of you Mav fans are just delusional. Wade just took over and made shots when Dirk and the crew couldn't, end of story. He rallied his team in one of the greatest 4th quartre final comebacks ever in the history of the NBA.

Phantom calls in the 4th? What kind of a lame excuse is that? Your team lost, but you're still up 2-1. Things still look good for Dallas, but does that appease some Maverick fans? Yes, the reasonable ones. The crazy ones cry about the refs and chalk Dirk's choke job as "law of averages." Wade owned Dirk this game. He outscored him, out shot him, out rebounded him and embarrassed the Mavs in the 4th with one of the most embarassing 4th quartre collapses in the history of the playoffs. He put his team on his back and single handedly won them the most important game in franchise history.

[/the end]
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:20 AM   #85
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Man some of you Mav fans are just delusional.

Phantom calls in the 4th? What kind of a lame excuse is that?

[/the end]

Yeah seriously, the Mavs fans has seriously gotten almost as annoying as the groupies this spring. Talking smack after one win, complaining about officiating all the time when Dirk got the biggest ticky tack call in the past 5-10 years in game 4 vs Spurs, blaming Stackhouse basically EVERYTIME they lose a game (then they all collectively shut the hell up when Stack steps up huge, like in game 7 vs spurs or game 1 finals or game 5 against suns)

Seriously, stop complaining about officiating when you guys got that phantom call on Bruce Bowen to give you guys game 4 win, without that call, Spurs win the series and you guys are at home. Wade stepped it up, that's all, Wade does get calls but he doesn't get any more than Dirk does.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #86
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

It is all well and good for the Heat but the Mavs should still win in 6. I'd be shocked if the Mavs didn't win at least one in Miami.
Kingwillball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:49 AM   #87
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
That is because Dallas decided to play "keep away" and run down the shot clock instead of running their normal offense.
I'll agree with that assessment. Heat made an amazing comeback, but Dallas started trying to run clock at the end, which ended up in them not getting the shots they normally take. Pretty bad choke job, they could feel the championship and were gripping it so tightly that it slipped out of their fingers.

Who had that turnover to Haslem that led to the Udonis fast break? That was the play that cost Dallas the game IMO, not Dirk's free throw.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:52 AM   #88
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

The refs aren't the reason the Heat won. Dallas just didn't finish and let the Heat off the hook.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #89
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I am not really blaming the refs but did u see how many times dampier and/or howard would go up for a put back and shaq or haslem would push them in the back as they were going up and the refs were standing right there but got no call?

That was ridiculous. O and BTW i dont believe in momentum because in past series with the mavs it has been invisible.

So miami may have "momentum" but it was by 2 points and just a mavs breakdown. Mavs should come out dominating in the 4th game
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #90
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I am not really blaming the refs but did u see how many times dampier and/or howard would go up for a put back and shaq or haslem would push them in the back as they were going up and the refs were standing right there but got no call?

That was ridiculous. O and BTW i dont believe in momentum because in past series with the mavs it has been invisible.

So miami may have "momentum" but it was by 2 points and just a mavs breakdown. Mavs should come out dominating in the 4th game

I doubt the Heat get "dominated" in their own house. Especially with Wade finding his game, and Shaq yet to really break out.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: