Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #91
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
I doubt the Heat get "dominated" in their own house. Especially with Wade finding his game, and Shaq yet to really break out.

What U see is what U will probably get with Shaq the rest of the way. 20 will probably be his high in the series.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #92
BFRESH44
College star

I was at the game...

After that putrid & uninspired third, I thought I blew 400 smackers.

Thank god it didn't turn out that way.

I'll take it. Wade County came to play down the stretch.

This could be a momentum switcher or it could be mean nothing...
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #93
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44

I hope its the latter.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 PM   #94
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Stackhouse is a bonehead. Took the offense away from Dirk (in the few minutes before the Heat made the comeback) when Dirk had hit his last two or three shots. Freaking idiot. Jerry Stackhouse shouldn't be allowed to shoot in the last half of the fourth quarter. It should be ALL - literally ALL - Nowitzki and Terry.

My initial prediction was Mavs in six, and it looks like that's holding up. Wade had to have an unbelievable game in order for Miami to squeak it out. Miami will clean up some of the mistakes and win one more.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #95
jan803
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Stackhouse is a bonehead. Took the offense away from Dirk (in the few minutes before the Heat made the comeback) when Dirk had hit his last two or three shots. Freaking idiot. Jerry Stackhouse shouldn't be allowed to shoot in the last half of the fourth quarter. It should be ALL - literally ALL - Nowitzki and Terry.

My initial prediction was Mavs in six, and it looks like that's holding up. Wade had to have an unbelievable game in order for Miami to squeak it out. Miami will clean up some of the mistakes and win one more.

one of the few posts i agreed w/in this thread. for as clutch jerry was in dallas he was crap last night. one of the main reasons why the mavs lost.

no mav's fan brought this up...wade, who's torching your dam team had 5 fouls for most of the 4th quarter yet no one bother to challenge him on defense to at least force the refs to call something. that was a very bad oversight on avery.

props to payton for a huge basket. props to shaq for those 2 huge ft's. his poor dad look like he was going to pass out, poor thing.

haslem was an unsong hero. he showed heart especially towards the end.

the role players stepped up this game. hubie brown was imporing guys 3-8 to step it up all game and they delivered.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #96
Hawker
Banned

Quote:

IT will mean nothing. I dont believe in momentum. IT hasnt really shown at all in any of the dallas series. Heat cant really be proud of this win either. They knew that the mavs just broke down. I really dont think it was because heat just played really good defense. And i agree on the "slowing down the clock" thing and shouldn't do it but at the same time jason terry and stack shouldn't just run down there and take a quick three or take a quick fadeaway jumper.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:12 PM   #97
BFRESH44
College star

LMAO, We can overanalyze this game to death, but for the most part, let's just take it for what it was. The end result: A Heat win.

You can say it took a stoopid Dwyane Wade performance to overcome and avoid the 3-0 hole/and a Dallas choke down the stretch.(in which It did)...But you can easliy refute that saying Dirk, Josh Howard, and Jason Terry had their best total offensive output in this game(a combined 61 points) and the Heat still won.

I am still a very wishy-washy about the series though, for sure. It's still 2-1 in Dallas favor. The Mavs are still in drivers seat. If we don't take the next 2, holding serve at home, then it'll be over, because if you can't hold serve at home you can expect to go up to Dallas and get 1.

And as far as adjustments, The FT's are so damn frusturating..And its not just Shaq either(for the most part it is, but not entirely on him). If we could knock those down collectively as a team we'd actually might have a chance to close out a game early. The turnovers too...ridiculous.

More Adjustments will be continued to be made...Shaq needs and should get a big game tommorow night(Wade bailed him out with this one). With Wade having the night he had, that could potentially free Shaq up, forcind Dallas to collapse more on Wade. But even if that isn't the case, Shaq needs Step into that lil soft F'n double and put the ball in the whole..

Game 4is crucial!! Wish I had tickets, but the ****s is OD expensive. Glad I got the rush and experience of an NBA Finals game though. It was sweet.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #98
jan803

Quote:
LMAO, We can overanalyze this game to death, but for the most part, let's just take it for what it was. The end result: A Heat win.

a poster in ISH making this statement? silly man!

Quote:
Game 4is crucial!! Wish I had tickets, but the ****s is OD expensive. Glad I got the rush and experience of an NBA Finals game though. It was sweet.

good for you!
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #99
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

It was a game the Mavs gave up rather then a Heat comeback IMO.

But this makes for a better series...I hope the Heat win again...heres to hoping for a game seven in Dallas!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #100
AKADS
Decent college freshman

AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #101
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
lol guy gets phantom calls the whole 4th. Don't worry, Mavs will wrap this up in Miami
lol this coming from someone who thinks 2005 is 2 years ago and 2004 is 3 years ago. Then what the hell is game 3 of 2006 Finals? A year ago? lol
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #102
GothamKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I am not really blaming the refs but did u see how many times dampier and/or howard would go up for a put back and shaq or haslem would push them in the back as they were going up and the refs were standing right there but got no call?

That was ridiculous. O and BTW i dont believe in momentum because in past series with the mavs it has been invisible.

So miami may have "momentum" but it was by 2 points and just a mavs breakdown. Mavs should come out dominating in the 4th game

oh please
did you see Wade's 5th foul? Howard basically forearmed him in the chest and knocked him down and they called a foul on Wade. even the Dallas guys at the bar were laughing at that one.

plus Dirk is playing illegal defense (3 seconds in the paint) almost the WHOLE time because he cheats towards Shaq. i can't believe they haven't called it yet.

also Dampier is allowed to hold Shaq as he's going through the middle? bs
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #103
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Wow never knew there were so many mavs supporters before the nba finals
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #104
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

Kobe nutt huggers have teamed up with Dallas to defeat Kobe's archnemesis Shaq. And also, since they're one of the two teams left, most people are going to pick sides. Plus, I think JoeWait has enlisted the help of his Aryan supremesists to give Dallas more support on this board.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #105
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

so i keep hearing that the officiating has been all-miami all the time in this series, but i haven't seen that. i've seen nothing but moving screens by the mavs, tons of holding on both side, hacks not getting called, and weird calls on both sides. like in game 1 haslem comes down with a rebound, howard steps underneath him AFTER he's got the ball in his hands, and they call an overtheback foul on haslem. hhwwhhaaahhh??? then they call that offensive basket interference on van horn that was clearly goal tending by zo... i don't see 1 sided officiating. i see homejobs for both teams. as it is, as it was, as it always will be.

also everyone is down on miami for needing 42 & 13 from wade, clutch free-throws from shaq, and uncharacteristic missed free throws by dirk to win by 2. did anyone else notice that riley finally found a lineup that matches up against dallas' small ball unit? going with three guards, posey, and haslem really held the mavs in check late. dirk couldn't get anything going against udonis. wade handled terry nicely. gary and posey covered howard and stack like um... gloves... and also gave great help on penetration. only jason williams couldn't handle harris 1 on 1, and nobody can stay in front of him. a nice find by pat.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: