Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 09:06 PM   #31
Señor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Man you guys sound geeky, I think I'm turned off X-BOX for life. Who the hell wants to play online? Dont you guys have friends you can play games against?

Ewwwwwwwwww, I'm shaking the nerd off me after visiting this thread.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:13 PM   #32
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default

Quote:
Man you guys sound geeky, I think I'm turned off X-BOX for life. Who the hell wants to play online? Dont you guys have friends you can play games against?
Ive never actually played an online game (too retahded to figure out how to hook the router up, never really have time to devote to playing a full online game) but STFU. Once you get outta college especially it gets harder and harder to find people near you with hours to blow playing 2k7 at a friends house. I'm speaking of course for those on this board who have grown up, as opposed to you. So you go online. Better than playing the computer. The computer is hard as balls.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 PM   #33
adamcz
Bucks fan
 
adamcz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,727
Default

GeeWiz is right. In high school and college I had friends to play against (and good thing too, since online didn't really exist yet). Now my friends have wives, kids, houses, etc, and live all over the country. The friends that I actually hang with aren't into video games, and certainly aren't into playing realistic basketball simulations with a fantasy draft. It's definately nerdy, but in the best possible way.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #34
Señor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Ive never actually played an online game (too retahded to figure out how to hook the router up, never really have time to devote to playing a full online game) but STFU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER
Once you get outta college especially it gets harder and harder to find people near you with hours to blow playing 2k7 at a friends house. I'm speaking of course for those on this board who have grown up, as opposed to you. So you go online. Better than playing the computer. The computer is hard as balls.

How would you know? And why are all your friends working after finishing college but you aren't? You working nights as a pizza boy?

Thats the most retarded crap to ever come out of your mouth.

Playing games online is for nerds. X-BOX is primarily for nerds. In NZ we have karaoke games for PS2 etc, its more of a party device for the lame.

Party device for the lame>>>>>>>>>>cyberse'x-box'
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:21 PM   #35
Señor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
GeeWiz is right. In high school and college I had friends to play against (and good thing too, since online didn't really exist yet). Now my friends have wives, kids, houses, etc, and live all over the country. The friends that I actually hang with aren't into video games, and certainly aren't into playing realistic basketball simulations with a fantasy draft. It's definately nerdy, but in the best possible way.

Does your wife know you're a geek?

What do your friends do? Wine and cheese evenings and in bed by 8:30pm on a Saturday night?
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:21 PM   #36
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
wii, its actually attainable within a monty of release...

Yeah why not bring the Wii into this. No one digs the motion movement controller and the attractive price?

It is actually deemed to be the top of all three, from a worldwide standpoint.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #37
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
Does your wife know you're a geek?

What do your friends do? Wine and cheese evenings and in bed by 8:30pm on a Saturday night?

Is this some sort of frekkin' illness. It's not as bad as it seems. It's just a guy playing video games.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #38
adamcz
Bucks fan
 
adamcz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
Does your wife know you're a geek?
Yes.
Quote:
What do your friends do? Wine and cheese evenings and in bed by 8:30pm on a Saturday night?
Doesn't matter what my friends do - just believe me that they aren't into fantasy drafts and realistic basketball video games.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #39
Señor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Yes.

Does she ask you to dress up as the little guy from Zelda or something?

Do you try get her into a Lara Croft outfit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Doesn't matter what my friends do - just believe me that they aren't into fantasy drafts and realistic basketball video games.

Ah I've got ya, B&D, that's cool. You should have just said.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default

Holy crap ceddie is one insecure lil brat isn't he

Quote:
How would you know? And why are all your friends working after finishing college but you aren't? You working nights as a pizza boy?
I'm in HS and my friends are in HS and we have so much free time it boggles the mind. But I, unlike you, have the common sense to realize that these days are not permanent and for those who have made something of their lives, again, not you mr. bull**** major / film minor who thinks Adam Sandler is a better actor than Tom Cruise, they don't always have a friend around who likes 2k7 and has a couple hours to blow playing it, so when they don't have that, they play ONLINE.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #41
Señor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I'm in HS and my friends are in HS and we have so much free time it boggles the mind. But I, unlike you, have the common sense to realize that these days are not permanent and for those who have made something of their lives, again, not you mr. bull**** major / film minor who thinks Adam Sandler is a better actor than Tom Cruise, they don't always have a friend around who likes 2k7 and has a couple hours to blow playing it, so when they don't have that, they play ONLINE.

Adam Sandler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tom Cruise

Anyone that enjoys a Tom Cruise flick should be shot.

I have free time because I am being paid by my insurance company, until I can get back to work. And I dont waste my time playing fat ass video games with a bunch of other fat ass nerds online.

What are you going to major in at college captain dipsh*t?
-Lying?

Maybe you could enrol in: Pretending to be 17 101
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #42
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Default

Why is Ced talking crap about others playing video games online? Calling people nerds because they don't spend a lot of time with their friends. I might be mistaken, but he spends about as much time as anybody on this forum(which is probably more nerdy than sports games online).
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #43
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,765
Default

Quote:
What are you going to major in at college captain dipsh*t?
-Lying?
I am actually a very bad liar. I mean.. everyone accuses me of lying on here and its actually pretty funny. Im incapable of it. my inability to lie has cost me in several facets of life and I imagine it'll get even worse in the bull**** adult world.

Its not like I'm some moral guy or anything. Id lie if I could. when I try people see right through it. so I've just learned to stop trying.

so for that reason I probably should major in lying.. improve my skills in that area.

and what the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise? haha. think whatever you want of Tom Cruise the person; Tom Cruise the actor is a huge presence on the screen and blends into character.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #44
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star
 
HALLandOATES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,369
Default

Ced you spend so much time on insidehoops talking to people you don't know and not even playing games, just talking. You're contridicting yourself. People who plays video games are losers? Everyone and there grandmas is a loser in Detroit then.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 PM   #45
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Default

You can't afford either one Gobb. Try Gamecube, I heard it's down to 1 bill now.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy