Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-16-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Marcus Williams

i saw this guy play the other day against Toronto. This kid can play!!! With him and Jay Williams as backup PGs, the Nets are set at the position for many years. But the thing that confuses me is, do you guys think Nets are looking to trade Jason Kidd in a few years? WIth these 2 young PGs, Nets can trade Kidd for a big man and also use it as a salary dump!!!
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well jay williams is still looking like a shadow of his former self, so not only are the nets not 'set' with him, but he may not even make the team this year. personally i hope he continues to improve and can play at a reasonably high level again (unlike say, bobby hurley), but it may not happen for a couple years and it may not happen with the nets. but certainly you gotta love his positive attitude and hard work.

as for marcus, scorers always look good the fastest coming into the NBA. what he doesn't have yet is defense, and it remains to be seen whether he will have that essential quality that all good PG's must have, namely the ability to make the team better. i agree the future looks bright, but it's not time to trade kidd yet.

kidd still does a hell of a lot of positive things for the team that very few PG's in the NBA can match. plus with his age, contract and surgery, you're not going to get full value for him. most likely you'd be able to get a 'grab bag' of players to make the salaries match which would prolly not help the nets.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I doubt trading Kidd is an option anymore, but I am glad that we got the steal of the draft.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Quote:
namely the ability to make the team better.

I think he has the ability to make his team better, And hes shown that hes not just a scoring PG but he can Dish to His first 2 games he had 7 assist and his third game he had 9. I agree about his defence though But I think more time with Kidd and the Nets he will learn to be a great defender.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

sorry PacerRaptor, this is not Dynasty Mode in NBA Live.

the Nets will NOT trade Jason Kidd.

case closed.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
I think he has the ability to make his team better, And hes shown that hes not just a scoring PG but he can Dish to His first 2 games he had 7 assist and his third game he had 9. I agree about his defence though But I think more time with Kidd and the Nets he will learn to be a great defender.
haha, i was thinking about that when i made my post above and the reason i held up on promoting his assists is because even people like marbury and iverson throw a lot of assists but don't make their teams any better.

some guys will only pass the ball when they feel it's an obvious assist situation, and some guys will unselfishlessly pass the ball whenever it will lead to a higher percentage shot for someone, ie making the offense flow. but what a bonus it is to have a guy like the latter who also racks up the individual assists.

if marcus proves to be one of those guys during the course of the season, i'll be thrilled. i take summer league and preseason stats with a big grain of salt...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:22 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

don't forget about Eddie House..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 AM   #8
yclau
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yclau has an OK reputation so far

y would the net be tradin jkidd, man he is one of the top PG in the league, and plus he is the face of the nets. btw marcus williams is pretty good on the offensive end but he makes too many turnovers and his defence still got alot more work to be done so i would say kidd is still the man for the next two yrs
yclau is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: