Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 10-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Should we already throw in towel?

The grizz have looked laughable in theses first couple of preseason games.Yes it is preseason,but have they shown us anything that looks like they might be able to keep there head above water?With pau gone will rudy or somepne else step up?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:43 AM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
The grizz have looked laughable in theses first couple of preseason games.Yes it is preseason,but have they shown us anything that looks like they might be able to keep there head above water?With pau gone will rudy or somepne else step up?
u guys suck bro..yeah its me again....u guys are finish and are a lotto team this year... no one even support u guys threads... useless being a teddy bear trust me......but i wont sleep on u guys at all.....u guys could make some noise this yr if u wanted to....cheaper u guys just go for greg oden
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

Wow another sad kings fan.Hey good luck on another useless run in the playoffs.We will just see where both teams are in two years when the kings are screwed cause they have no young talent,and all there good players are over the hill.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

kevin martin is young talent. but thats about it. honestly i'd be happy if i were a grizz fan. you're going to get a sweet pick in the draft. tanking this year and being better next year is a ot better than losing in the first round every year.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:38 AM   #5
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Your team is lucky though. You will probably be bad enough to ensure your future is VERY bright. I kind of hope my team either makes the playoffs or totally sucks ass so that we can get a pick higher than 4.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
poindexter
I hit open layups

doesn't look good this year for Grizz. ownership questions and not knowing
who their coach will be at the end of the year. if they can survive until Pau gets back they might end up .500 at the end of the season but there is
almost no chance they will make playoffs this year unless other teams in their conference fall apart due to injuries.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

I personally feel it is better to not make the playoffs unless you have a good chance at making some noise.Its not like the nfl were its one game elimination.The best team will win 90% of time with needing 4 wins.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

yeah... what about marion guys? he'll be available next season. you have any idea if your owner will spend money?
Old 10-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

that is the idea in making all these moves.All the trades and letting eddie jones and wright and jackson leave is to get cap room.So we can try and get one of the ''big names'' next year.Not sure if marion is a free agent next year?But billups is and lewis.So this year is done maybe 35 wins.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

dont take billups. hes old and hes ours. marion isnt a free agent next year but the suns will have to trade him for financial reasons. they're owner has said they cant go over the lux tax limit and with diaw's contract coming into effect next year it looks like marion or amare is on the way out. and i'm sure they'd rather give up marion.

since the grizzlies would be able to absorb his contract they are one of the teams more likely to get him. can he or gay play SG tho? it might not make sense for the grizz. rashard lewis, kirk hinrich, nocioni, magloire, vince carter, are the big name free agents next season.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

Aww comeon will just borrow billups for like three years and give him back.Um I would thik marion might play the four or try and train gay for the two.Also the grizz's pick will be top eight next year so thats ore talent with needance to find room .It is a good problem though.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

true I think you'll go after a guard in the draft. hey, why does mike miller play SG? he's pretty big can't he guard SF's?

i dont know... i dont see any of the big name free agents fitting with your team. gay seems like a younger version of marion so it seems dumb to go after him. i guess we'll see how gay performs next season. maybe you could lure vince carter but you'd have to be paying A LOT of money. And he seems happy in New Jersey. Maybe Jamaal Magloire.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I dont know what there gonna do I looked at the draft and its all forwards really
Old 10-23-2006, 11:36 PM   #14
final.wrath
Banned

marco benelli is a good PG prospect
Old 10-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #15
goillcity
I brick open layups

you guys won't be as bad as everyone thinks. granted you won't be all that good
you guys lost gasol for a couple months, a big part of your squad
your season isn't over, you still have some solid players