Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #151
ClutchCity95
Banned

ClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Matt Barnes to sign with Magic

Quote:
I can tell by that comment you just look at the stat box and say "hey.. he didn't get much blocks & steals... so he's probably not that good"
Where did you get that idea? Idiot. I saw him play for the Suns and the Warriors and he's no more than an average defender at best.

Quote:
But defensive awareness is something you notice by actually watching a player, not looking at a stat box. A commitment to move your feet to try and stay in front of your man, not biting on fakes easily, fighting around screens, and rotating to the open shooter... Barnes does all those things... it doesn't make him an elite defender, but it does make him better than the average player.
Yet, he's still not a sub-par defender. In other words, you fail.

Quote:
He was the best perimeter defender on the Suns last season. His defense made Raja Bell expendable.
Yes, that's why the Suns didn't even make the playoffs.
ClutchCity95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #152
PleezeBelieve
Jay-A: Thats MR To You

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

lol @ you clowns. You all just make sh*t up. Funny, funny.

Barnes is a 42% shooter, 34% from three, 74% from the line -- all in a high paced offense where you supposedly get more easier shots -- and you all act like Cleveland fan should be shaking in their boots.

OMFG, Ferry must be having nightmares cause of this deal. :rolll:

Can't wait till the season. Orlando = pretenders. Had a nice run last season. But its over. Your team is not the same. You're paying 6.5 mill for a backup center to play 15 minutes a game. Signed a undersized PF for no reason.

Again, not impressed.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #153
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

thats cool!
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #154
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity95
Where did you get that idea? Idiot. I saw him play for the Suns and the Warriors and he's no more than an average defender at best.

Yet, he's still not a sub-par defender. In other words, you fail.
Do you know what sub-par means? If you think he's a below average defender... you obviously are making up lies when you say you watched him play. He's an above average defender, but not elite. He's probably on the same level as pietrus with man-man defense.

Quote:
Yes, that's why the Suns didn't even make the playoffs.
Yeah, cause basketball is a 1 on 1 sport, where 1 role player will carry a team to the playoffs.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #155
visirale
Local High School Star

visirale has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
lol @ you clowns. You all just make sh*t up. Funny, funny.

Barnes is a 42% shooter, 34% from three, 74% from the line -- all in a high paced offense where you supposedly get more easier shots -- and you all act like Cleveland fan should be shaking in their boots.

OMFG, Ferry must be having nightmares cause of this deal. :rolll:

Can't wait till the season. Orlando = pretenders. Had a nice run last season. But its over. Your team is not the same. You're paying 6.5 mill for a backup center to play 15 minutes a game. Signed a undersized PF for no reason.

Again, not impressed.
Talk to me when your team can convince any decent free-agent to join your team... Obviously something is up in CLE. The FO has moved from plan A to plan B to C to D... and finally sign Moon with Plan Q.
visirale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #156
ClutchCity95
Banned

ClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Do you know what sub-par means? If you think he's a below average defender... you obviously are making up lies when you say you watched him play. He's an above average defender, but not elite. He's probably on the same level as pietrus with man-man defense.
Yes, because you say so, It's automatically right. Let me guess you are one of those people that think Wade is the best in the world. Yeah tell me how many people agree with you on that.

Quote:
Yeah, cause basketball is a 1 on 1 sport, where 1 role player will carry a team to the playoffs.
So you can admit Raja Bell is also a better team player? Seems like Raja is better than Barnes at everything. He also is.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #157
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by visirale
Talk to me when your team can convince any decent free-agent to join your team... Obviously something is up in CLE. The FO has moved from plan A to plan B to C to D... and finally sign Moon with Plan Q.

It's pretty obvious what is up. Players don't want to go there if they don't know if LeBron is staying past next season.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #158
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by visirale
if Moon is plan Q, then Barnes was plan R. So Orlando just got our backup plan
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #159
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star

cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
People forget that Matt Barnes is just a 3 point shooter, but he's very Low-IQd, plus It's not like Barnes is even an efficient 3 point shooter, just another 3 point shooter. Not to mention his defense is just sub-par. Where did people get the idea, He's an above average defender? When he's been playing for the Suns and Warriors for the last years.
Exactly. The dude played wit shaq and steve nash last year and still couldn't put up better than average numbers. He can shoot but he's no deadeye shooter. I laugh at people who says he's a solid defender also.

Id much rather have moon on the break with lebron than barnes. Orlando fans acting like barnes does anything but shoot are hallucinating. He does not drive or post up.

Moon shot better from the 3 and I gurantee moon didn't have the open shots barnes had. Barnes doesn't get to the ft line and when he does he's only mediocre. He fits the magic perfectly but don't try to tell me he a better all around player than moon is.

Barnes got 2 yrs 3.2 million and moon got 2 yrs 6 million.... its a reason the cavs didn't want barnes even tho he wanted it
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #160
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yes, because you say so, It's automatically right. Let me guess you are one of those people that think Wade is the best in the world. Yeah tell me how many people agree with you on that.
Most articles on Barnes seems to mention defense as one of his strong points. So, I guess everyone seems to be stealing my idea... only because I say so.

Quote:
So you can admit Raja Bell is also a better team player? Seems like Raja is better than Barnes at everything. He also is.
Raja is easily a better shooter... but that's it. His man-man defense has fallen off with age down to a Barnes/Pietrus level. He's no longer a lockdown elite defender. Go ask Phoenix fans themselves. He fell off, and that's what made him tradable. Barnes is more athletic, a better rebounder, and obviously costs a whole lot less.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #161
ClutchCity95
Banned

Quote:
Every article on Barnes seems to mention defense as one of his strong points. So, I guess everyone seems to be stealing my idea... only because I say so.
Link me some....smarty pants.

Quote:
Raja is easily a better shooter... but that's it. His man-man defense has fallen off with age down to a Barnes/Pietrus level. He's no longer a lockdown elite defender. Go ask Phoenix fans themselves. He fell off, and that's what made him tradable. Barnes is more athletic, a better rebounder, and obviously costs a whole lot less.
Raja is easily a better defender than both of them. Whatever makes you sleep at night though Kiddo.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #162
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
Exactly. The dude played wit shaq and steve nash last year and still couldn't put up better than average numbers. He can shoot but he's no deadeye shooter. I laugh at people who says he's a solid defender also.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #163
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:

Raja is easily a better defender than both of them. Whatever makes you sleep at night though Kiddo.
you dumbass, defense is what Barnes is all about

Matt Barnes is known for playing defense and spotting up on the other end, just like Pietrus.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #164
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:

The same article in the original post is just one. I don't even need to go looking for any more.

Quote:
Barnes, 29, averaged 10.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists last season for Phoenix and is regarded as a versatile player off the bench who can guard forwards of all sizes and make the occasional 3-point shot.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #165
ClutchCity95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
The same article in the original post is just one. I don't even need to go looking for any.
That shows he's a good defender?

Should have just posted this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_cnpDQcKc

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: