Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2006, 01:51 PM   #166
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Hes better than TO...
So what?

That doesn't make him top 5 EVER!
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #167
raiderfan19
Shazam!

no but being the only guy in the HISTORY of the nfl with 6 straight and about to be 7 straight 1300 yard seasons is a good place to start. Since i originally pointed this out to show that TO wasnt top 5 i dont really care but holt is a stud.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #168
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

It's the morning after and I'm still jazzed about last nights game. Great teams win the games they're not supposed to win. I definately see greatness in this team. Urlacher just refused to let the Bears lose. He took that game over.

Let's face it though, the Bears took the Cardinals lightly. They were reading too much of their own press. But they came through when they had too and thats what matters. This Cardinals game was a good wake up call for them. They won't take any more games for granted this season.

Can they go 19-0? (I'm including playoffs) We'll see. It would be awesome. That would put the Bulls (72-10) and the Bears as the best teams in their respective sports.

As for Grossman. He had a bad game. But he's got a bye week to work it out. And he's a good QB no doubt. He's had 5 good games and one bad one. I could care less who you think he's better or worse than. Bottom line is he's 6-0.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #169
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Most bogus reply yet. Bears took the cards lightly???? Get real. And great teams find out how to win but also get gimme's. Last night was just that and nothing more. The offensive coordinator who got CANNED today gave yall the game with his playcalling. Bears offense couldnt score on the lowly Cards defense. And to end the game the Cards miss a FG that usually goes in. This was a luck win, not a great team finds a way to win game. Doesnt take away from the Bears being 6-0 but it doesnt add to it either. If anything you can look at things that exposed the Bears more than things that scared you.

Bears have no game breaking threats on offense and that could come back to haunt them when they face a team that does ie Carolina. Keep it real, your team got a gift from GOD. Acknowledge that and move on.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #170
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Quote:
vs 49ers
vs Dolphins
@ Giants
@ Jets
@ Patriots
vs Vikings
@ Rams
vs Buccaneers
@ Lions
vs Packers

You can definitely argue that the Bears can beat ALL of these teams. The Giants are their biggest threat. But even if they beat the Giants/Patriots/Rams, I'm sure they'll lose a game to someone they won't expect to lose to
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #171
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

The coordinator got canned cause someone had to be sacrificed after that game. The only thing you could point to as luck was that dude missing the FG. But kickers miss Fg's all the time. So how was it luck that Urlacher was all over the friggin place and straight ripped the ball away from James? Was it luck that Hester made more than one great move during that punt return?

You could say that the Cards gave that game away if you want. I say the Bears took it from them.

And as far as the Bears lacking a big game threat, they definately have on in B. Berrian. He's been making big plays all year. Not his fault that Grossman was off last night. Hell if Grossman played average last night the game wouldn't of been close. But he played like shyt and they still won.

Name me one other team that has the Def and special teams to do what the Bears did last night. There are plenty of other great Defensive teams out there, but not like the Bears. Cards got 13 points off of six turnovers. Bears got 14 points off of 2 turnovers.

Call it a gimmie win if you want. I know I won't be able to change your mind. But I call that a great win.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #172
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Just luck...the offensive coordinator called a crappy game when he got up. Predictable playcalling running the ball at the wrong times and passing these BS short passes. Add the kicker missing a FG that he should have nailed. Bears didnt do anything to win the game the Cards did everything to lose it. Lets face it even great teams get lucky and handed wins. It happens. I'l give no credit to the Bears for that win. I'm not gonna place an asterisk or not count it. I'll recognize they are undefeated and wont harp on the silly "They should be 5-1" crap because thats meaningless. But just speaking on this specific game? Nah, cant give them credit as a great teams find ways to win type thing. Just wont happen. And this isnt to diss, slight, discredit or try to downgrade the Bears by any means...like i said other great teams have benefitted from gifts. It happens.

B.Berriman isnt consistent enough. I'll acknowledge he has big game abilities. I've seen it but not enough for a consistent stretch. Not at this point in his career. And by that a guy like Steve Smith is a big game threat...no question. B.Berriman he is but there are questions there. I'm still not sold on the offense...its good but I'm suspect on it. Definately not confident they can consistently be good week in and week out...and I wanna see how they do towards crunch time, postseason really. Pressure will amount heavily.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #173
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

http://www.imagelion.com/out.php?i=2074_bears3.JPG

*continues laughing at denny green losing it*
Old 10-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #174
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

What the Cardinals offensive co-ordinater got fired? That's bull. The Cardinals had a rookie QB, they were missing their best WR, and they were facing the best defensive team in the league. It's not his fault that James can't get past the line of scrimmage or that Leinart made some rookie mistakes.

BTW, I think the Cards kicker actually missed 2 FG's in the game, and to add salt to the wound, he was near perfect last season. Ouch.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:14 PM   #175
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

E.James cant get past the LOS? No crap the Bears were in the backfield already for the most part. The cards offensive coordinator was on bad terms with Denny Green regardless...things were piling up and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Video of E.James carries in the game

Nuff said.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:37 PM   #176
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
E.James cant get past the LOS? No crap the Bears were in the backfield already for the most part. The cards offensive coordinator was on bad terms with Denny Green regardless...things were piling up and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Video of E.James carries in the game

Nuff said.

I know, but you can't blame the offensive coordinator for that. The Bears defensive is just amazing and are comparable to the Ravens of 00'.

The sad part about this game is that the Cards should of had little chance to win the game, but since they made it close and they blew a big lead, Dennis Green will probably get fired and some coach will come over next year and do a good job and get the credit.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #177
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I know, but you can't blame the offensive coordinator for that. The Bears defensive is just amazing and are comparable to the Ravens of 00'.

The sad part about this game is that the Cards should of had little chance to win the game, but since they made it close and they blew a big lead, Dennis Green will probably get fired and some coach will come over next year and do a good job and get the credit.
Denny has been there 3 years and hasnt won more than 6 games(including this year assuming he doesnt this year). He deserves to be fired.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #178
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer

Well you cant blame the offensive coordinator but you can question the playcalling and predictable nature of the calling. They ran when they shouldnt have...and didnt take chances downfield. Played it safe and it bit them in the ass.

Granted the Cards had chances to win...FG missed. FG is made, Cards win and dude keeps his job. But from what I'm hearing and reading dudes job been on the line...matter of time and i think this sealed the deal. Denny was pretty ticked off at fumbling away that win. Ehhhh

Quote:
Denny has been there 3 years and hasnt won more than 6 games(including this year assuming he doesnt this year). He deserves to be fired.

Yeah because the Cards field a good team in those 3yrs huh?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: