Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Predictions for next year....Buy or Sell

So this thread, like other threads, is to get some off-season dialogue going about the actual season.

I will write a few topics here and a buy or sell option. I will keep track of the votes. Im also doing this for my info as well . Feel free to elaborate for your reasoning as well.

Feel free to post your own stuff as well and I'll be glad to edit it to this post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Andrew Bynum will finally develop:
Buy or Sell

note: Develop doesn't have to mean 20/10 but rather he plays with consistency and doesn't get into foul trouble often.

2) The cavaliers will be a better team than last season: Buy or Sell

note: regular season wins don't mean much unless they lose a lot more games by a noticeable margin. Im looking more for playoff performance. Do they make the finals? do they beat the magic? etc...

3) The lakers will repeat as champions: Buy or Sell

4) Lebron wins back to back MVP's: Buy or Sell

5) Vince Carter will become an upgrade over Turkoglu: Buy or Sell
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Predictions for next year....Buy or Sell

hmmm, I think I just bought all 5. haha..

The only one was the Bynum one, but if you say ALL HE HAS TO DO IS PLAY CONSISTENT AND DOESNT GET INTO FOUL TROUBLE, then I'll buy that one aswell.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
hmmm, I think I just bought all 5. haha..

The only one was the Bynum one, but if you say ALL HE HAS TO DO IS PLAY CONSISTENT AND DOESNT GET INTO FOUL TROUBLE, then I'll buy that one aswell.
I say that because this team has too much fire power for him to be getting 20+ points. he would probably have to shoot 65% FG and get every offensive rebound lol.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ok
bynum, sell, bought it that last 3 years still have yet to use it, just sits on the shelf mocking me

cavs being better, buy, but only if i get a discount

lakers repeat, buying, but i'd like a gift receipt

back to backs mvp's for lebron. no, not buying

carter and upgrade, it was not a good upgrade, hedo fit that team like a glove, they got a bettr player, but lost their glue..so sell
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Andrew Bunum (Buy) I believe this upcoming season all the yapping about his abilities will be showcase throughout the whole season...
Nice Thread Lakerfreak...

The Cavs (Sell) I personnaly think Shaq won't ploay the whole season Plus, the are missing a PF that could be next to shaq. Look out for his slow start which will make LB very upset seeing Boston and the Magic get off to a good start.

Lakers Repeat (BUY) Kobe leadership and will to win and the addition of Artest and the swagger that he will bring should pump the team up in a positive way. Dude is to happy to be a LAKER for sure and everybody will feed off that energy. Looking forward to resigning LO....

Lebron MVP (Sell) Once LB realize that Shaq is not the answer then, he will become very upset and try to do to much.

VC (Sell) How old is this guy Plus I felt he's has always been overrated. The air is out of his slam dunks for sure.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Remember guys feel free to post your own buy or sell q's and I'll edit the original post.

Im surprised 2/3 so far are selling lebron winning back to back MVP's. He seems to be the only stat dominating superstar thats on a 55+ win team.

I would give Dwight Howard a chance or Wade if wade's team gets significantly better.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

1) Andrew Bynum will finally develop: Buy!!!! We have seen what he can do when healthy!!!!

2) The cavaliers will be a better team than last season: Sell The East has gotten tougher and Shaq still is terrible in pick and roll situations.
I say they lose in Semis to Boston or Orlando

3) The lakers will repeat as champions: BUY!!!!!!!! I love what Artest brings to us. Bynum will be better, Pau will be stronger, Odom will be back, Shannon Brown will be here the full year, Sasha and Farmar couldn't possibly play any worse!!!!!!

4) Lebron wins back to back MVP's: Sell!!!! This award is voted on by the writers not the players. Lebron has severely damaged his reputation lately to the point that I don't see him recovering quite yet to get their votes.
I can see Kobe, Wade, Melo, VC, KG beating him out this season.

5) Vince Carter will become an upgrade over Turkoglu: Buy??? I think VC will be better for the team and add some missing elements, therefore he will get a lot of credit for their success. I will not say VC is a better or worse than Turkoglu.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1) Andrew Bynum will finally develop: Buy, when he's been healthy he has shown us what he can do. We didn't see it in the playoffs but I really don't think he was 100% (or even 90%). Those injuries haven't been his fault.

2) The cavaliers will be a better team than last season: Buy, their team is pretty much the same with the addition of Shaq. I don't see how that could make them worse necessarily. They have plenty of size with him, Varejao, and Ilgauskas now coming off the bench. If they can add a PF who can guard the perimeter they will be scary. If they do that I think they could give Boston and Orlando troubles. Without that they are the 3rd best team in the East. So they would end up the same, but with a better team.

3) The lakers will repeat as champions: Buy, but there are a lot of things that are needed to win a championship. #1 is luck. They have to stay healthy in the playoffs. I think we are on track for a Boston & LA rematch. With the addition of Artest, LA will have the ability to match up with Pierce this time around and I think that would be the difference maker. San Antonio will be tough. As long as Parker doesn't tear up LA though the Lakers can win. Artest can match up with their big addition Jefferson.

4) Lebron wins back to back MVP's: Sell, I think now that the whole when will Lebron win a MVP award thing is over this year he will get passed up. Plus Boston and Orlando will likely have better records. Last season his team had the best record and that's probably what gave him the big boost to win it. This year look for Kobe again, if the Lakers can put up the best record in the league. Also KG if he comes back 100% and puts the Celtics back on top in the East. If D-Wade puts up huge numbers again he could be that wild card guy with a mediocre team. I think Dwight Howard will be talked about this year too.

5) Vince Carter will become an upgrade over Turkoglu: Buy, Carter is still a scoring machine, regardless of his age. Turkoglu didn't require a double team. Carter is a guy who can draw a double team. Howard is a guy that can need to be doubled. With two players on the court that need to be doubled that makes the defensive end of the floor that much more difficult. Now it's not just do you defend the 3 or double Howard. It's do you defend the 3, double Howard, or double Vince???

Last edited by dd24 : 07-24-2009 at 09:07 PM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #9
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

1) Buy
2) Sell
3) Buy
4) Sell
5) Sell
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote