Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Jamaal Tinsley bought out, a free agent

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...ers/index.html

For the sake of debate, do we pursue him if he commands the League minimum? Seems like a good high IQ pg. perhaps we can pick him up to help push Jordan Farmar, and if he's better, we can keep him over farmar.

Thoughts? I think I would rather have Tinsley over Sun Yue
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Jamaal Tinsley bought out, a free agent

Tinsley is as injury prone as T-Mac......if not more.
If Sun Yue is just a complete bust who would never be NBA caliber I still would just save the Vets minimum to use later rather than use it on Tinsley.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Tinsley is as injury prone as T-Mac......if not more.
If Sun Yue is just a complete bust who would never be NBA caliber I still would just save the Vets minimum to use later rather than use it on Tinsley.

The vet's min isn't a one time thing. You can sign as many players as you want with the VM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The vet's min isn't a one time thing. You can sign as many players as you want with the VM.

Haha, I did know that.....my bad wasn't thinking

I still wouldn't sign him
Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Haha, I did know that.....my bad wasn't thinking

I still wouldn't sign him

I want to see how he is first. He hasn't played a full season and he can be way out of it as a result.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

TELL ME WHY, I was going to start a thread on this yesterday. But I thought, "aagghh, they are prolly going to delete my thread because they want it in the Off Season thread or something." So I just went looking for the thread, and found it in the third page.. haha..

From yesterday, in the offseason thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
BUMP:

Whats up with Jamaal Tinsley being a free agent? Guy hasnt played in like 2 years.

If WE can get him with the Vets Minimum, why not?

He's worth a shot. He's like only 31 and hasnt played for 2 years, so that should give him some fresh legs.

I say we bring him on, and we just let him get into basketball shape, learn form fish, learn from kobe, phil.

The guy is like 6'3 and can hit jumpshots and playmake.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I personally don't think Jamaal and Tinsley would be a good fit for the lakers. OH wait a second they are the same guys

Serious question about Sun Yue why, does it seems that the lakers not developing this guy. His not even in the D-league whats going on with him.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
I personally don't think Jamaal and Tinsley would be a good fit for the lakers. OH wait a second they are the same guys

Serious question about Sun Yue why, does it seems that the lakers not developing this guy. His not even in the D-league whats going on with him.

He was injured for 2-4 weeks near the end of the regular season. That was the last thing I heard.

To me, Sun is a "what you see is what you get" player. He can dribble, pass, score.....the only thing we need this guy to accomplish is getting over the butterflies. I wonder how long that will take.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He was injured for 2-4 weeks near the end of the regular season. That was the last thing I heard.

To me, Sun is a "what you see is what you get" player. He can dribble, pass, score.....the only thing we need this guy to accomplish is getting over the butterflies. I wonder how long that will take.

Butterflies, I would say another year. I'm looking for an improvement in his game just concern that nobody is menitor him in no fashion...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...ers/index.html

For the sake of debate, do we pursue him if he commands the League minimum? Seems like a good high IQ pg. perhaps we can pick him up to help push Jordan Farmar, and if he's better, we can keep him over farmar.

Thoughts? I think I would rather have Tinsley over Sun Yue

I bet you are out of school? how was ur first year in europe? got some european chicks??
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Butterflies, I would say another year. I'm looking for an improvement in his game just concern that nobody is menitor him in no fashion...

Yeah....Let's get the last NBA point guard who spoke fluent Chinese to mentor him

JK....no hate mail please
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hello no. He's 31 years old, hasn't played in 2 years, has a terrible attitude, can't shoot or defend, and has had minor run ins with the law.

Kupchak already said he wants 13 players on the roster, but if we were to sign a 14th man then I'd want a point guard who could defend.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I bet you are out of school? how was ur first year in europe? got some european chicks??

lool nah man no chicks (or guys loool).

Im still here until august because we started so late this year (january).

I'll be home soon though to check out the ruins of downtown LA lol.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #14
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really like Tinsley. I don't know how we bring him in with Derek, Jordan, and Shannon around (shannon can play a little 2 but still a little crowded). If we can figure out a way to make it work, I would love to see us take a chance on Tins.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
lool nah man no chicks (or guys loool).

Im still here until august because we started so late this year (january).

I'll be home soon though to check out the ruins of downtown LA lol.

LOL
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: