Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #31
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: Breaking News: Andre Miller is going to the Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
The Blazers play a half court slow tempoed game and also an inside-out game which means their wings and and point needs to be able to shoot the ball. Andre Miller didnt even shoot 30% from deep last season.

Secondly, Brandon Roy is much like Joe Johnson where he is a superstar when he has the ball in his hands but an average player without it. B-Roy lacks off the ball movement skills and adding Andre Miller takes the ball out of Roy's hands and forces Roy to probably get less shots and he will be less effective.

OK. That's basically what I thought was coming. What are the chances you start running more? Portland is a young team that could really enjoy the break when it is a good decision, and now you have that decision maker without giving up much in the half court.

Roy will still get his play calls, right? When his number gets called, he's going to have the ball in his hands. The new roster might help reduce turnovers/ Roy might be slightly less effective just from the volume of ball owning time, but the rest of the team is really going to benefit from Andre's set-ups. You could really use a spot up, weak side shooter though.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
OK. That's basically what I thought was coming. What are the chances you start running more? Portland is a young team that could really enjoy the break when it is a good decision, and now you have that decision maker without giving up much in the half court.

Roy will still get his play calls, right? When his number gets called, he's going to have the ball in his hands. The new roster might help reduce turnovers/ Roy might be slightly less effective just from the volume of ball owning time, but the rest of the team is really going to benefit from Andre's set-ups. You could really use a spot up, weak side shooter though.

The bench is more fitted for a running style than the starters. Aldridge and Miller can get up the floor but Webster is a spot up shooter, Roy is more effective in the half court and Przybilla gets gassed quick.

Maybe Blake will start and Miller will work with the second unit?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #33
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How good is Miller at pick and rolls? I want to see Aldridge and Oden work with a PG that can do them well. Blake made some nice pick and rolls with Oden, and I certainly don't consider Blake all too great at it.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Portland should of got Amare when they had the chance lol Blazers f'd up now they'll be out of the second next year.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #35
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

If the Blazers get Lee, they wouldn't have learned from their talent stockpiling ways of the past.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #36
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Lakers, Spurs, and possibly Nuggets are still better than the Blazers. In the long run, that's all that matters.

If Portland manages to turn Outlaw + Rudy + Bayless into a top tier SF then watch out.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #37
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
The Lakers, Spurs, and possibly Nuggets are still better than the Blazers. In the long run, that's all that matters.

If Portland manages to turn Outlaw + Rudy + Bayless into a top tier SF then watch out.

Rudy isn't going anywhere other than possibly the Blazers starting line up.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #38
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Rudy isn't going anywhere other than possibly the Blazers starting line up.

You think he's gonna be a star then?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #39
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

As a nuggets fan, I shrug my shoulders at this.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #40
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka

As a Laker fan, I shrug my shoulders too.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #41
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
yeah wuts up with your team, they haven't made any big moves at all
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #42
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
You think he's gonna be a star then?

I never said he was going to be a star.

I said starter.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #43
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
I never said he was going to be a star.

I said starter.

Okay
Old 07-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #44
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
yeah wuts up with your team, they haven't made any big moves at all
They're very content with the team currently so the great chemistry remains intact. Also, melo, jr, and nene will only get better. Remember though, every big asset that Denver has acquired has come in November/December, so they're in no rush.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #45
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Billups>Miller (Only because Billups scoring)
Smith<Roy
Anthony>Webster
Martin<Aldridge
Nene=Przybilla

But the Portland bench is better, but I'm looking forward to the Nuggets and Blazers games next season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: