Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Default Casey is an idiot...

In tonights game vs Detroit, he played Foye for 16 minutes. How is a rookie supposed to get a feel for the flow of an NBA game if he's not on the floor? Give the guy 25-30 minutes a game at least so everyone can see how he meshes with KG, Davis, & James. Meanwhile, Jaric played 20 minutes and put in 15 pts. Not bad, but the guy is a veteran and we know what he can do. I'm still hoping that the only reason Casey is playing Jaric so much is to showcase his "skills" for a trade sometime before the trade deadline this season. Bracey Wright even got 13 minutes of playing time and he's a long shot to make the active roster, some of those minutes need to go to Foye. All Casey is doing is giving some fans more reason to complain about how we should have drafted Rudy Gay and Foye was a mistake. If Foye got some playing time, that view that some fans have would more than likely change.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

exactly. foye will turn into a superstar if given a chance. he would win ROY for sure if he could play at least 25 mins a game.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Remember that they played in 3 teams during the summer camp though. They are probably putting them in their specific teams somewhat and they need to develop chemistry throughout the entire team. I know everyone wants to see Foye, but he will get his time. Personally, I don't care as long as he gets his minutes during the season so he can start turning it up during the "2nd quarter" of the season. We know the guy is ready.

Don't worry about it too much, he will get more minutes as Casey sees that he's growing. Casey is kind of dumb, I agree. Sometimes I think he's the reason we didn't make the playoffs last year. His coaching mistakes were sometimes mentioned in the season games on television. I think a talent like Foye is hard to deny minutes though sooner or later. He won't be like McCants, even though I thought McCants could of been getting a lot more minutes last year. He needed confidence and he might of gained a lot more if he would of saw a lot more minutes in the beginning of the season.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

preseason is the time to play your rookies and bench
Old 10-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
preseason is the time to play your rookies and bench
that and when ur team is for sure out of the playoff hopes...which would b pretty stupid if the rookie turned out to b a stud
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

why didnt the wolves spend their money on a center... and start foye
Old 10-20-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
why didnt the wolves spend their money on a center... and start foye

Because the staff thought it was better getting a PG, since Troy Hudson always gets injured anyway and Jaric wasn't performing. I don't think we had the money for a Center anyway, since they all wanted 10 mill a year. We used our mid-level on James, right? I think we did. Maybe we will make a trade later in the season though.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:25 AM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

foye could have started at pg. but i guess the wolves staff dont think foye's as good as i do. i think hes comparable to dwayne wade.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: