Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation
Default Grizzlies withdraw offer to Warrick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4354901

I don't know what's going on nowadays.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Grizzlies withdraw offer to Warrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4354901

I don't know what's going on nowadays.

Well... Unless we get someone like Big Baby or Powe to back up Z-bo or got a 3 pt. shooter like Wafer(even if he's streaky), I for one wouldn't be THAT disappointed about this, but right now, i'm not liking this.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:00 AM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know what to think. He was out best player of the bench last season, but he was very inconsistent. He never managed to bulk up and therefore bigger PF's basically just went through him. He never developed any kind of post game and basically just turned into a mid range shooter. He was athletic and allowed us to play fast, but with Randolph coming in and taking up 30+ minutes, keeping Hak wouldn't have made sense, because he would have been taking up the rest of the minutes there. With Hak out of the picture, it allows Arthur and others to grow more and learn more.

Although, we should have just signed him and then traded him off for something. This move doesn't help the team at all, we could have atleast done something to bring something else back to the team.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Grizzlies just signed the 27th Pick DeMarre Carroll, that explains them not bringing Warrick back.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

We did this to give iverson a bigger deal most likely. That would make the most sense by this move.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Just when our bench was looking stronger with the addition of Young and Carroll we go and let our 6th man walk for nothing. I'm sure we could got something for him.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
Just when our bench was looking stronger with the addition of Young and Carroll we go and let our 6th man walk for nothing. I'm sure we could got something for him.
Saying that warrik was our best player off our bench isnt saying that much. I think we will be just fine with out him.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Warrick doesn't have any type of post game yet he continues to take fadeaway 15 footers glad to see him go.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Now don't laugh, but I think the griz should take a look at Von Wafer. We need a scorer off the bench, not to mention a 3 pt shooter. The problem with us and Sessions is that the griz are committed to Conley, and Sessions is way better than Conley, at least for now i hope.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:42 AM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...or-cap-not-ai/

Releasing Warrick had nothing to do with Iverson. Thank God. I don't want Iverson any where near this team.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...or-cap-not-ai/

Releasing Warrick had nothing to do with Iverson. Thank God. I don't want Iverson any where near this team.
You say that but apparently mayo and gay would like to have iverson on the team. They like his expierence and know how.

I wouldnt mind von wafer. But with young and carrol I dont know where he will play.Unless you want to sit one of those guys for him.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #12
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I do not dislike the move... Hak was not the important for the team, and either he or Arthur were going to have no minutes at all and, frankly, I prefer Hak gon than preclude any possible development of Arthur.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #13
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Saying that warrik was our best player off our bench isnt saying that much. I think we will be just fine with out him.
Yeah but when you add Young+Carroll along with Warrick the bench looks much stronger than it does with two unproven rookies and an undersized powerfoward.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:54 AM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah warrik coming back would of meant the bench was stronger. But warrik wasnt needed back to have a strong bench. Arthur, carrol, and thabeet can all fill in nicely.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:21 AM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
You say that but apparently mayo and gay would like to have iverson on the team. They like his expierence and know how.

I wouldnt mind von wafer. But with young and carrol I dont know where he will play.Unless you want to sit one of those guys for him.
Unfortunately, Gay and Mayo don't realise how much Iverson would impact the team and their own minutes and touches.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: