Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #31
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit
Some of you need to understand the game of football. A team can only go as far as their offensive line takes them. Arizona has quite possibly the WORST O-line in the entire league.

Matt Leinart getting sacked, with Mike Brown then running in the fumble recovery for the touchdown was the O-line's fault!

Edge getting stood up, allowing Urlacher to rip the ball out of Edge's hands was the O-line's fault!

Ok the actual fumble is Edge's fault, but his O-line didnt give him much to work with. 36 carries for 56 yards? Last year Edge averaged over 100 yards a game with the Colts. Did Edge go from Pro-Bowl RB to scrub in one season? NO. He just has no running room in Arizona, cause his blockers blow. Again learn the game before you make yourself look like a retard. Edge = still of the game's premiere rushers.

some may be true but hes definately gotten worse, your O-line cant be all to blame for averaging 2 YPC this month
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
he hasnt ONLY PLAYED THE BEARS he hasnt gotten over 100 yards in any games this whole season, think things through

Watch the OL run block then STFU
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #33
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Seattle? Minnesota?

Those are good to decent defenses.

Do you watch football?

Minnesota is garbage. Just because you have good individual defensive players and look like a good defense on paper don't mean you are one. You're the one who needs to watch some actual football and stop looking at paper lineups.

I'll give you Seattle. I think their D is good, but they were without their MVP running back that game. Without him, the offense was ineffective, causing the defense to having to stay on the field longer, which is why the Bears torched them that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Now the guy is garbage?

The guy was garbage last year. See playoffs. Rex Grossman will never deliver as a franchise QB. You can put that ***** in stone.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Wow someone is clueless
Old 10-20-2006, 07:49 PM   #35
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Watch the OL run block then STFU
face it, he sucks, he complains about not getting the ball enough, then once he gets the ball MORE then enough he completely blows the opportunity AND the game for them, not to mention averaging 1.5 YPC in that game, absolutely terrible, last year he could have averaged more yards per carry with the C and LG without the rest of the line, hes supposed to be better then this and clearly hasnt shown it, get your head out of the sand and open your eyes, he should be playing better. 2 years back an old emmit smith did fairly well for the cards with a bit over 900 yards, 9 TDs and 3.5 YPC, their O-line hasnt depleted as much as people think and I think its getting a lot of smack because "james isnt doing good and that must mean the o-line isnt doing their job", hit your holes and bounce to the outside and maybe youll get more yards EJ
Old 10-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Clueless

1. I posted a video of E.James rushing. Watch it and report back to me what you saw. No nonsense either

2. The Cards OL is widely accepted as one of the worst OL's in the game. Before they made offseason addtions/signings to the OL is was bad. Even with them they show they arent any more good then they were prior to the additions. Leonard Davis is an overpaid 6'7 370lb LT. OG Milford Brown one of thier OL FA additions didnt play vs Chicago.

3. E.James is 1500yds 13td's removed from Indy. He comes to Arizona and isnt having a good year but he hasnt been used properly by the FIRED offensive coordinator nor has he had a OL to run block either. Proof is also in the youtube vid i posted showing E.James carries in the Bears game. Watch it and report what u saw...also keep an eye out for runs CALLED BACK due to penalty from guess who? OL.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #37
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Edge was a great, great running back while he was wearing the Colts uniform. He was something special to watch his first couple of years.

After his injury he suffered some loss in explosion - it was just a little, but the difference between a 2 yard gain & a 10 yard gain is dependant on the RB's ability to explode through the hole. The last few years in Indi he was a very capable running back but you also have to take into consideration that his numbers were somewhat inflated because of how much defensive attention Peyton & those wideouts took away from the running game. Very rarely would Edge see eight man fronts. That O-Line is a very good one, too.

All the dependant factors that weigh in on a RB having success were on the right side for Edge to succeed. Made it easier for him to do his thing.

He has skills. His pass protection is second to none as far as I'm concerned & he has adequet hands, he's a very good overall back. Just not elite anymore, in my opinion. He's second tier, with the Rudi Johnsons, Portis of the world.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:47 PM   #38
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Clueless

1. I posted a video of E.James rushing. Watch it and report back to me what you saw. No nonsense either

I saw the LB's closing in on the runner "Urlacher is just closing in on number 32" (quote from ingame), horrible blocking towards the outside HOWEVER a few of the rushes i couldnt help notice him doing a lot of useless jukes and ending up getting crushed by briggs or brian, he stalled to much in the backfield (whos he think he is, barry sanders??? barry is and will be the only person who can pull that off) and I saw him bouncing away from the pocket formed by the O-line on a few of the plays. also A LOT of those tackles were from blitzes which you cant hold all responsibility to the line for holding back 3-4 more guys rushing in especially a bad o-line like the cards (not as bad as people make them out to be though, good for forming pockets, suck when it comes to pitches) EJ should have had better production up the gut, if he stops wasting time he can pick up 3-4 more yards and give the LBs less time to close in
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: