Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #46
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Okafor for Chandler?

Yeah, everyone usually comes out of the shadows when the season starts.

I can't wear jerseys to shovel snow because, when it does snow, its only maybe an inch.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #47
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm glad I can still wear my Peppers jersey this football season. With this economy It would be hard to justify the expense of another one.

Got a Crash Jersey for my b-day so he better not get traded.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #48
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yeah, everyone usually comes out of the shadows when the season starts.

I can't wear jerseys to shovel snow because, when it does snow, its only maybe an inch.

Well I was just trying to be creative.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #49
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Its ok. I'm just not as lucky as you Piedmont people who get snow 5-10 times a year.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #50
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Its ok. I'm just not as lucky as you Piedmont people who get snow 5-10 times a year.

Not where I live. Now if you go further west to the foothill counties then you're probably right.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #51
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

This trade was amazing. Seriously, if you give a big man the kind of minutes okafor received they are gpoing to put up the type of numbers he put up. In my opinion i think Perkins of the Celtics is/was a better overall player than Okafor, and how much are they paying him yearly? Okafor is a great guy, plays hard, but he should have been an author instead of a basketball player. His heart isnt in it.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #52
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

omg teh pooty has appeared.

However, it seems as though the media outlets that report on the cats have gone back into remission.

But, to be the eternal optimist, I must point out that we didn't hear a peep from anyone for a week, and look what happened - big trade.

I get the feeling we may be in the works to acquire a gooder (yep, I said gooder) PG than Felton seeing as the contract talks have stalled. Our FO may be to the point of saying, "Look, we gave Okafor a long term, big money deal and he did squat. We refuse to pay that kind of money to anyone else."

Is there any good, starting quality PGs out there that we'd want other than Felton? I've got to admit, if we trade for a PG then we probably get rid of Radman and/or Mohammed and let Felton walk....or we do a S&T for Felton and either Radman or Mohammed for another PG and a backup PF.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #53
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Or perhaps we let Felton go in a S&T or walk altogether? Augustin has been working outh with Team USA, and although he wont make the team it is definately an honor to get chosen just to workout with them. Im all for resigning Felton, but if Augustin is going to be a stud Im not sure i want someone getting in the way of him being the player he can be.

This reminds me of the brevin knight Felton conversations from back in the day.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #54
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Isn't Jamaal Tinsley available?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:21 AM   #55
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

We can't let Felton walk; we can't rescind the qualifying offer of 5.5 million. A S&T is also pretty impossible as he'd be BYC if his new contract starts over 4.9 million (not to mention he'd have to approve of any trade).

So no...that's not what's happening.

Besides, there's no "gooder" PG available out there.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #56
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

i dont want to let felton walk but i also dont want to sign him to a 6 yr contract. we have augustine so i think we should just try to work out a s&t for him so we dont have to pay him big money and we can get something in return even if its not alot. bob johnson wont let us sign him for that long when he is tryin to sell the team so our best bet is a s&t
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #57
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

It'd be so difficult to do a S&T that we should probably just assume it can't be done.

* The date to rescind the QO was July 23, 2009...we didn't. From now on both sides have to agree in order for it to be dropped.

* Felton will become BYC if his next contract starts out more than 4.9 million. As his QO is 5.5 million we can safely say he's not going to take a decrease.

* As a RFA Felton gets to approve or nix any trade ideas. If he did agree to the trade he would lose his Bird status which affects the % of raises he can get.

* No teams with cap space (who could absorb the difference in salary BYC creates) other than OKC.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #58
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Well here's the thing:

Felton doesn't have to sign the QO if he doesn't want to, especially if he gets a longer deal from another team.

We don't necessarily have to trade Felton in order ot get something back. We do have Radman and Mohammed to dangle for a backup PG or PF.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #59
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Jamaal Tinsley.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 AM   #60
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Well here's the thing:

Felton doesn't have to sign the QO if he doesn't want to, especially if he gets a longer deal from another team.

We don't necessarily have to trade Felton in order ot get something back. We do have Radman and Mohammed to dangle for a backup PG or PF.

The money isn't out there. Look at Sessions, a kid who had like a 20 PER...can't even get a MLE deal (5.8).

Vlad & Nazr have no trade value unless we'd be willing to take on even more salary. From the looks of our previous trade that's not management's position right now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: