Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-17-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
GoDuke
I airball my layups

GoDuke has an OK reputation so far
Default Intriguing pick-ups (got #1 waiver)

League type: Yahoo! H2H
Number of teams: 14
Categories: Standard
Draft position: 14

My Team:
PG S. Marbury (5)
SG P. Pierce (1)
G J. Nelson (6)
SF M. Dunleavy (8)
PF A. Kirilenko (2)
F A. Nocioni (7)
C M. Okur (3)
C C. Boozer (4)
Util C. Mobley (9)
Util G. Hill (10)
BN T. Ratliff (11)
BN N. Hilario (12)
BN C. Duhon (13)

Free agents
Payton - with Williams out indefinitely could provide some decent stats
Atkins - enough minutes behind Damon?
Head - nice combo guard
Battie - a starter until Darko emerges
Daniels - 10-3-3 player
Harpring - nice option if Jazz employs Deron + 4 forwards lineup
Foster - boards
Ju.Howard - with T-Mac Yao healthy, Battier and Wells no minutes?
Bell - everybody's favorite sleeper I guess
Stackhouse - will he take it easy in the regular season?

Waiver
Bonzi - bench or starter he could get 30mpg
Pietrus - Nelson might start him at SF

should I drop Duhon or Ratliff for any of these available players?
GoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:07 AM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDuke
League type: Yahoo! H2H
Number of teams: 14
Categories: Standard
Draft position: 14

My Team:
PG S. Marbury (5)
SG P. Pierce (1)
G J. Nelson (6)
SF M. Dunleavy (8)
PF A. Kirilenko (2)
F A. Nocioni (7)
C M. Okur (3)
C C. Boozer (4)
Util C. Mobley (9)
Util G. Hill (10)
BN T. Ratliff (11)
BN N. Hilario (12)
BN C. Duhon (13)

Free agents
Payton - with Williams out indefinitely could provide some decent stats
Atkins - enough minutes behind Damon?
Head - nice combo guard
Battie - a starter until Darko emerges
Daniels - 10-3-3 player
Harpring - nice option if Jazz employs Deron + 4 forwards lineup
Foster - boards
Ju.Howard - with T-Mac Yao healthy, Battier and Wells no minutes?
Bell - everybody's favorite sleeper I guess
Stackhouse - will he take it easy in the regular season?

Waiver
Bonzi - bench or starter he could get 30mpg
Pietrus - Nelson might start him at SF

should I drop Duhon or Ratliff for any of these available players?
If you believe that Marbury will not many assists this year because of Isiah's offense, then you would see you have no chance at being competitive at assists. Given that information, I would drop Duhon for Wells.
If you think Starbury will return, then I would drop someone else.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
GoDuke
I airball my layups

some say Starbury will return to his 20-8 days, but some reports are saying that with the new offense he might have 0 assists on some days (like in the last preseason game)... however I want to be at least above-horrible in AST category - in H2H leagues every win is precious...
Old 10-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
If you believe that Marbury will not many assists this year because of Isiah's offense, then you would see you have no chance at being competitive at assists. Given that information, I would drop Duhon for Wells.
If you think Starbury will return, then I would drop someone else.

Drop Duhon and add Bonzi. absolutely. do it now. bonzi is going to be great again this year. he thrives when he can rotate b/t the small 4, 3 and 2 positions like he was doing in SAC. On a team where the positions are defined like these HOU Rockets, Bonzi excells because he can do so many different things - he fits into any matchup/lineup. He didnt work out in MEM in those 2 seasons he spent there cuz they had over 10 players that played 20+ minutes per game and most of them were swing 2/3 guards, off 1/2 guards and then there was Gasol that played all 3/4/5 spots. Bonzi was brought in as a SG i believe and he wasn't used as an inside/out weapon where he can destroy defenses, like he did last year in SAC. Bonzi also dominates on a team that have proven superstar-type position players. He is a Marion-esq player that fills in all offensive stat collums, including REBS, and barely ever has plays run for him.

Anyway, I see Battier taking a seat to Bonzi this year, and even more, against smaller teams, Battier used as the PF over J. Howard and Bonzi being used as a swing SF and small PF. Either way, even if as a 6th man, if healthy, Bonzi should get 25+ min/g (30+ when starting) and he will clean up with everyone focusing on Yao and TMAC.

I jock Wells. Incredible that he is still available. This is happening in leagues everywhere I am finding. STEAL!
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #5
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Squad
I jock Wells. Incredible that he is still available. This is happening in leagues everywhere I am finding. STEAL!
One of my leagues drafted before he was even added to Yahoo so I was able to get him without even putting a waiver on him. Yahoo has him currently ranked 131 right now so he's too far down the list if you aren't looking for him come draft day.

Everyone that hasn't yet drafted needs to adjust the prerankings and move Bonzi at least, at least into the top 75. What numbers did he average in the playoffs again? Oh right, freakin' 23 and 12 against the San Antonio Spurs.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-17-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #6
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
One of my league drafted before he was even added to Yahoo so I was able to get him without even putting a waiver on him. Yahoo has him currently ranked 131 right now so he's too far down the list if you aren't looking for him come draft day.

Everyone that hasn't yet drafted needs to adjust the prerankings and move Bonzi at least, at least into the top 75. What numbers did he average in the playoffs again? Oh right, freakin' 23 and 12 against the San Antonio Spurs.

you're my boy slobe!

did you read that rant of mine? "No One Puts Bonzi in the Corner?" I just got done re-reading it this morning. Man, was I on crack that day or something? It did make me laugh and I stand by everything, just I don't know where that came from. Well I do know. Its because that was a day where everyone was listing draft orders and FA's left over and Bonzi was getting shat on. unacceptably underrated. Yeah, 131? Nope. Top 75 for sure.

Kevin martin is gonna have a hell of a year too.

did you catch that one stat though? I think it was 11 players on that MEM team that Bonzi was on in 04 i think...averaged over 20+ minutes a game and they all played over 60 games or something like that. That is nuts.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Squad
did you catch that one stat though? I think it was 11 players on that MEM team that Bonzi was on in 04 i think...averaged over 20+ minutes a game and they all played over 60 games or something like that. That is nuts.
i didn't check it but it's believable. i just started playing last season and i was trying to figure out how a guard who's been in the league since '98 goes from averaging 11 and 3 in one season and 14 and 8 the next. I don't think I'm as high on him as you since he's a little more injury prone than I would like. But I'll gladly take 14, 8 and 1.8 steals (low ball estimate) for 65-70 games this year coming from my last pick. If McGrady goes down again, Bonzi Wells could very easily be someone's best pick in the draft (not best player, best pick). I wonder if Yao is ready for a little competition for leading the Rockets in rebounds.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #8
GoDuke
I airball my layups

gonna use that #1 waiver on him... I'm sure I'm not the only manager who plans to pick him up (Bonzi was drafted something like 150-155)... was hoping I would use that precious waiver on a major mistake by an other manager but Bonzi's good...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #9
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDuke
gonna use that #1 waiver on him... I'm sure I'm not the only manager who plans to pick him up (Bonzi was drafted something like 150-155)... was hoping I would use that precious waiver on a major mistake by an other manager but Bonzi's good...
just for full disclosure, he had been nursing a sore groin (he had a small tear in his groin last season early in the season) but he says it's almost fully healed. I still think this is a great pickup, but I thought you should know everything before you use that waiver.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: