Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Crnchy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Crnchy has an OK reputation so far
Default Need advice on a trade

I'm in a 10 team roto league with 8 cats (fg%, ft%, 3ptm, pts, reb, asst, stl, blk) We play PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Utl, Utl
JKidd
TMac
A Miller
G Wallace
S Marion
Z Randolph
C Frye
Shaq
T Parker
Starbury
KMart (Den)
N Krstic
D Granger

I have been offered Vince Carter for Gerald Wallace. I'm really torn on whether I should take this trade or not. I have been in talks with another owner about moving Marbury for Camby. I'd appreciate any and all thoughts you all might have regarding these moves.
Crnchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Personally, I'd take it. It's taking a risk assuming that Wallace is gonna average over 2 steals & 2 blocks again, which is why he's so high on people's lists. It's also a risk to assume he's gonna stay healthy all year.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
Crnchy

Thanks for the advice. I'd feel much more comfortable with the trade if I already had Camby on my team. I'm feeling like its gonna kill my blocks and steals to get a few extra 3's
Old 10-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnchy
Thanks for the advice. I'd feel much more comfortable with the trade if I already had Camby on my team. I'm feeling like its gonna kill my blocks and steals to get a few extra 3's

I wouldn't do the trade. Certainly there is an injury risk with Wallace, but so too is there one with Carter. The only thing you get with Carter is an edge in PTS and 3's. You are where you need to be with PTS, but 3's you lack in. Adding Carter will not fix the 3's and even if it does it's not worth gaining those 3's and losing the 2 blks and 2 stls. The ASSTS that Carter brings aren't worth it either.

You do need ASSTS however. Kenyon Martin isn't doing anything for your team. Try to get rid of Kenyon and add some ASSTS into your squad.

Its not a horrible trade, but I think it will make your team worse off. You have a solid squad as is but you are lacking in 3's and ASSTS. You are far worse off in ASSTS than 3s. Look to work on that category first and foremost.

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-17-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

you have tmac, marion and randolph who are all 20+ scorers. i would keep gerald wallace he is very valuable in steals and blocks which are hard categories to fill.

depending on how well frye does, i dont think you need camby.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
Crnchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Squad
You are far worse off in ASSTS than 3s. Look to work on that category first and foremost.

I have Jason Kidd, Andre Miller (new uptempo offence), Tony Parker, and Marbury. I feel like assists are one of my strengths.

Thanks for your replies. The advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:20 AM   #7
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crnchy
I have Jason Kidd, Andre Miller (new uptempo offence), Tony Parker, and Marbury. I feel like assists are one of my strengths.

Thanks for your replies. The advice is greatly appreciated.

you know...i didn't even see that j kidd on the top there....totally missed it, mustve melded into your opening paragraph...you're right, that makes a huge difference....he can add 50 assists in a 4 game week

i still wouldn't take the trade though...you need Wallace
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
Crnchy

Yeah... thats what I decided as well. My trade for Camby fell through so I think I'm just gonna stand pat for the time being.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #9
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

F/C
camby and randolph are high risk high return fantasy players. I think frye will have a great season. shaq is not that good of a fantasy player.

your sf is pretty much all set.

your sg's tmac and gwallace also has injury history so you might want to add another backup sg

parker, puts up a lot of points and insane fg% for a pg but because of the style of offense of the spurs, he doesnt have a high avg in assist.

if you can get josh smith, you can trade away gWallace. you can also try to get peja. he may get the sg status in NOH plus he will give you pts, 3pts, reb. You can try to trade parker (im sure theres a team there that badly needs a pg) and shaq/randolph/camby(im sure theres a big shaq fan in your league). Who knows you might get josh smith, peja and dwight howard through some trade package then get someone from the FA
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: