Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Your line ups for the 2009-2010 Season

We are going to get John Wall next year!

Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #17
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think if you did a league-wide survey the average starting SF would come out to around 6'8" or so. maybe a touch shorter, but either way that's not too bad for a good man defender like williams. not so long ago the 6'5" aaron mckie was able to play SF a lot and earned 6th man of the year in 2000. a very good man defender, i might add.

courtney lee is also a bit undersized- listed at 6'5", but only about 6'3" basketball height. maybe with the right matchups he'd work in a small ball lineup, but that's pushing it.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

I rather have Greg Monroe.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #19
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i think if you did a league-wide survey the average starting SF would come out to around 6'8" or so. maybe a touch shorter, but either way that's not too bad for a good man defender like williams. not so long ago the 6'5" aaron mckie was able to play SF a lot and earned 6th man of the year in 2000. a very good man defender, i might add.

courtney lee is also a bit undersized- listed at 6'5", but only about 6'3" basketball height. maybe with the right matchups he'd work in a small ball lineup, but that's pushing it.

I agree that Lee is small, which is also a reason why I'm not a big fan of him. I think he makes it up with length, speed, and deceptive strength but I just don't see him becoming more than an Anthony Parker like player. Smart, good defender, can make open shots, good on the break, but can't really make his own offense.

As for the SF position, I'm not even sure what it is anymore. That position has become one of the more obscure positions. It seems to be more of a utility position than a definitive one. Teams let it be whatever they want whether it's Shawn Marion grabbing all the rebounds, or using it as their initiator like with LeBron. I think Terrence plays the traditional role. I just hope he becomes as good as Andre Iguodala. I'd be really happy with that.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #20
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:

We don't need him, we have Lee, CDR, Terrence who are all capable of being our starter SG for the future. I'd rather have Motiejunas or any other PF in the draft because its loaded with them.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

another NI post from nets daily:
Quote:
What Kiki Vandeweghe said about Hayes last week...

"Hes a young player; hes 27-years-old and he was hurt for basically a year-and-a-half of his tenure, so hes basically a fourth-year player at the moment. Hes still young and can still improve. Tremendously talented, and I thought he started to really make strides last year and pick up where he left off his rookie season. I thought we were very lucky to get him, especially at the price we got him. Hes been a great addition. Picking up the second-year option, that was a no-brainer with him."

What Devin Harris said about Hayes this week...

"I saw Kiki said he saw Jarvis as part of our young core. People know Jarvis is a guy who can come off screens, and he can definitely be a knock-down shooter. Defensively, in the right setting, he can be better and I think will be better. Toward the end of the year, he started to take more of a leadership role. Weve talked a lot this summer about getting the guys in together and making sure everyone is comfortable with one another before the season starts. More than anything, youll start to see his leadership a lot more."

In both cases, that was more than either said about any other player.

They were both telegraphing in bigger letters what officials have hinted at since the beginning of the summer--that Hayes is going to have a much bigger role on the team, and that they consider him a key player GOING FORWARD.
(emphasis mine)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 AM   #22
AK 3K
Mushroom Mountain

AK 3K has an OK reputation so far

This lineup, although somebody probably posted it already

PG : Devin Harris
SG : Courtney Lee
SF : Bobby Simmons
PF : Yi Jianlian
C : Brook Lopez

Behind Yi theres not much talent at the PF position, who starts if hes injured?
AK 3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #23
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Is Shawn Williams THAT bad??? I'd like him on the Suns!!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #24
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^You mean Sean? BTW...Sean never played on the suns?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #25
Vinsanity850
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Vinsanity850 has an OK reputation so far

He didn't say Sean played for the suns... he said he'd like if sean went to the suns.
Vinsanity850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #26
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Why you say that?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #27
AK 3K
Mushroom Mountain

AK 3K has an OK reputation so far

I hope Sean Williams can find a spot in the rotation.
AK 3K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: