Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-18-2006, 02:18 AM   #16
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

actually, they're getting about the same minutes.

but anyways, i didnt think people would read it if it was titled "jason maxiel and nazr doing good". besides, this forums a lot more active.

and yeah, im a ben basher. i admit to that. any time that ******* slips up i'll be on him, right here, in the bulls forum to rub it in. so just learn to live with it. its not like this isnt going on on both sides.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:36 AM   #17
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

yeah this forum is a lot more active
mainly becouse the city of chicago actually has people in it
good luck with the devil's night thing coming up, hopfully your city doesn't burn too bad this year
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:26 AM   #18
final.wrath
Banned

yeah detroit has less than a million in it.

you should say good luck in the world series.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:49 AM   #19
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

world series and devil night will be real close together
win or lose you'll have riots, people, lighting cars and homes on fire
I'm not sure if detroit will be standing for very long
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #20
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

This is the Bulls forum so lets focus mostly on them. Those who want to write about players from their teams should post comments on their forums.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Back to the topic of Big Ben.

Bottom Line if he doesnt go back to averaging 10 rebounds and at least 1.5 blocks it will be a bust for the bulls.

If for some reason he cant find the same intensity there that he found on detroit then he should look to score more to make up for his defensive losses.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #22
final.wrath
Banned

problem is hes one of the worst shooters in the league and he also isnt too great at finishing around the basket.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
problem is hes one of the worst shooters in the league and he also isnt too great at finishing around the basket.

I remember a few years ago he started becoming a better jump shooter.

Maybe chicago is so windy that all his shots are blowing off.

Or maybe preseason just has him playing to a different purpose...maybe he is trying and testing himself in different areas. I sure hope thats it.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:01 AM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

trust me. ben wallace never was even a slightly bad jumpshooter. he was always a terrible one. i know, i've watched him for years. even from 5 feet he'll usually miss. the way he scores 90% of the time is by putbacks or layups. but probably more than half of the time he gets the ball down low he is fouled and misses the FTs. since he doesn't have to be guarded man to man, his defender usually doubles one of the other frontcourt players.

his game has been the same for many years. hes strictly a rebounder and defender. and hes absolutely great at that or else he'd be a scrub. im not knocking him chicago fans im just informing lakerfreak. he'll fit in a lot more in chicago than detroit since detroit has been an offensive team since flip saunders came in. but we'll see if hurts chicago's offense the same way he hurt detroit's.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 AM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
his game has been the same for many years. hes strictly a rebounder and defender. and hes absolutely great at that or else he'd be a scrub. im not knocking him chicago fans im just informing lakerfreak. he'll fit in a lot more in chicago than detroit since detroit has been an offensive team since flip saunders came in. but we'll see if hurts chicago's offense the same way he hurt detroit's.

Jesus how may chicago fans are in here?

all 2 of them? Anyways. I remember ben wallace from college days...he averageed like 1.6 ppg.

I dont understand how this man Got around with that.

Was his defense that great?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #26
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

There are more than 2 of us here, we are all just tired of this arguement tho, its been done to death.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #27
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Ben was brought into Chicago for two main reasons, a good defensive presence and veteran leadership. We all no he's no tremendous scorer, but if he can average close to 9 points a game that would be more than what is expected of him. I'm sure that he'll try to improve on his offense in Chicago so that he makes a good impression. He should have a fresh start.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 10-19-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #28
final.wrath
Banned

yes his defense is that great. thats why he has 4 DPOY awards.

during his peak he averaged 12 ppg. he seems to have gotten worse and worse offensively tho. if he can put up 10 ppg i'd consider that a nice success.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #29
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
yes his defense is that great. thats why he has 4 DPOY awards.

during his peak he averaged 12 ppg. he seems to have gotten worse and worse offensively tho. if he can put up 10 ppg i'd consider that a nice success.

How is he getting worse offensively if every year his ppg were not consistant. Here are his points per game in his years in Detroit 2000/ 6.4, 2001/ 7.6, 2002/ 6.9, 2003/ 9.5, 2004/ 9.7, 2005/ 7.3. His career high was two years ago. Just because last year he averaged less points than in 03' and 04' isn't a reasonable arguement. Let's be realistic here, most of those who criticize him aren't telling the truth. I would understand if his numbers were dropping considerably every year, but that's definately not the case. So this year there is no reason why he wouldn't perform as well as he did in 03' and 04'. The reason I think he did worse last year was because he needed a new start with a new team. I don't know why people are acting like it's the end of the world, it was only one season. This year I hope Ben Wallace can prove all those haters wronge. Oh, and he never averaged 12 points per game, I don't know where you got that information. The most was 9.7 poins per game two years ago. Case closed.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 10-20-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

no knock on ben or anything. i like him

But this is a question to chicago fans.

Is he worth the contract?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: