Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #151
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
4yrs $33mil? Something must be wrong. Maybe they are hidden bonuses or something.

Probably the highest offer available in a place he wanted to play and to add on to that Buss was lowering it because he was taking so long
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #152
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
Probably the highest offer available in a place he wanted to play and to add on to that Buss was lowering it because he was taking so long

He was better off taking the 3yrs $30mil. Unless that was speculation and not what Buss offered. Heck atleast get 4yrs $36mil. Odumb is weird.

Ah well, Lakers lock and loaded. Should be an awesome NBA season with the heavyweights. Spurs, Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, Celtics, Cavs, who am I leaving out?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #153
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
He was better off taking the 3yrs $30mil. Unless that was speculation and not what Buss offered. Heck atleast get 4yrs $36mil. Odumb is weird.

Ah well, Lakers lock and loaded. Should be an awesome NBA season with the heavyweights. Spurs, Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, Celtics, Cavs, who am I leaving out?

The Hawks.

We won 47 games, we kept all of our free agents except Flip (hopefully we will keep Solomon Jones - I thought he was restricted, so hopefully the Hawks will match), plus we added Crawford, Teague and hopefully Joe Smith and one more big or shooter (Wally World).
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 AM   #154
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
can we include the mavericks and wizards as sort of stacked dark horses?

Yeah we could. Heck Atlanta and Portland could be grouped with them as well. Whomever Boozer goes too we could be adding another team. Perhaps Miami. No way Boozer is a Jazz when the season arrives.

Cant wait to see how L.A plays with Artest. And if Bynum progresses.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:06 AM   #155
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Ah well he's loss really, he had the chance to accept an offer along those lines and instead he decided to try and find something else...
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #156
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster

Boston with Rasheed is a dangerous team, I don't really see how LA are the clear cut favorites. There are some questions on that team. Can Bynum regain his former self? Can Artest keep a cool head and learn to become a role player? Can some of LA's bench players continue to contribute?

Rasheed makes Boston a very good defensive team now, I consider him to be easily one of the top low post defenders in the league. He can also play the 3; imagine Perkins, Garnett and Sheed all on the floor at the same time. Good luck getting interior points on that trio. Boston still has Pierce and Allen, man I think they got just as much fire power as LA if not more. Their bench is clearly inferior to LA's bench and their coaching staff is no where near Phil/Tex's level. Their age is a concern too; if they can remain healthy I pick them to face LA or SA in next years finals.

I stay humbled as a Laker fan, I'm glad they got the job done last year but it's a new slate this upcoming season and most of the elite teams got better.

I'm very excited that Odom returned to LA because now we have his versatility to try out numerous different lineups.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #157
DECK
I airball my layups

DECK has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Breaking News: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
All that drama for a result we all knew would happen. What an attention whore.
HAHA yea it was obvious he would sign with lakers again.. they couldnt afford to lose him
DECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #158
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Minor?

Kobe had one of his worst years because of the case and shoulder.

38% in the Finals.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #159
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
My birthday wish came true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LO back to the Lakeshow!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunna cop that Rich Soil shirt now.

Know, what? Me too! I wanna support my man. And it is a fresh shirt.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 AM   #160
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

haha

the lakers re-signed their scapegoat

lamar will always be the blame!
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 AM   #161
Game
Banned

Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
38% in the Finals.

Thanks for proving my point. Kobe's shoulder...
Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:02 AM   #162
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Everbody should just give up because it's gonna be a repeat.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 AM   #163
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

That sucks.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:01 AM   #164
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Look, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees the Lakers are the clear favorite to win the NBA title... but come on, nothing is ever guaranteed. That's why sports is so ****ing awesome.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:32 AM   #165
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

Clocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected poster

I can't wait til the lakers fail this year so I can see the sad faces on laker fans. It's gonna be epic!
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: