Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-31-2009, 05:25 PM   #181
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Jacks3 has decent reputationJacks3 has decent reputation
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Bunch of stacked teams in the league-
MAVS:
SF:Marion/Williams/Ross
PF:Nowitzki/Humphries/Thomas
Campier/Jawai
SG:Howard/Terry/Carroll/Buckner
PG:Kidd/JJ/Beaubois

Miller/Blake/Bayless
Roy/Rudy
Webster/Batum/Cunningham
Aldridge/Outlaw/Pendergraph
Oden/Przybilla
10 players deep with potential to be 11 in Bayless. Rudy, Przybilla and Outlaw are starting caliber players for a decent amount of teams.

Magic:

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Redick
Pietrus/Barnes
Lewis/Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

Solid roster that's 9 to 10 players deep

Utah has a pretty deep team(if they keep Boozer)
C-Okur/Koufos
F-Boozer/Millsap
F-Miles/Kirilenko
G-Brewer/Korver
G-Williams/Prince

Are the Lakers really that deep? They have the best 5 in the league, but outside of Odom/Gasol/Bynum/Kobe/Artest.. Who's left?

Fisher/Farmar
Vujacic/Brown
Walton
Powell
Mbenga

Meh.. None of those guys stand out in any way.

Spurs of course! Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Hill, and Mason. Add in Blair if he pans out and that's a damn good 8 man rotation right there.
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #182
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Err, the best 5 is THE most important factor when determining team strength, firstly. Secondly, if Bynum plays to potential they have the best blend of interior (Bynum/Gasol/Odom) and perimeter (Kobe/Artest/Odom) talent and impact in the league. And unlike some of the other teams you mentioned (e.g., Utah), the Lakers have a top 3 (at the minimum) player in the league, which is THE most important factor in team success. Drop Lebron onto that Utah squad in place of Harpring and maybe you'd have a point.

So let me amend my statement a bit: LA is the most stacked team led by a current top 3-5 player in the game since the 80's Lakers/Celts.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #183
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop
Trading a potential 20/10 C for the next 10 years

If Bynum averages 20/10 for even 1 whole season on a .500+ team, I will permaban myself
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:35 PM   #184
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks3

Are the Lakers really that deep? They have the best 5 in the league, but outside of Odom/Gasol/Bynum/Kobe/Artest.. Who's left?

Fisher/Farmar
Vujacic/Brown
Walton
Powell
Mbenga

You got a whole lot of good role players right there.
First of all don't disrespect D-Fish. D-Fish is the soul of the team I have said it many times before. No...he is not an elite guard but just like Kobe he has a great work ethic and is a great veteran leader on this team. Character players go a long long way in the league.
I think Walton is a smart player and knows the triangle well. He can create plays for us every now and then. I like having Walton coming of the bench. Not the most athletic player etc. but he makes plays happen every now and then.
Sasha an Famar....I really expect more from these guys really. If they can play consistent the Lakers will be a very very very scary team.
And Brown and Powell have a whole lot of upside IMO. I hope they get the minutes they need to prove themselves.
And as for DJ.....love that guy. Just a big body to throw in there every now and then. And if this cat is having a good game...you know the Lakers are mos def winning in a blow out.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 PM   #185
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
If Bynum averages 20/10 for even 1 whole season on a .500+ team, I will permaban myself

this is stupid for a couple reasons

1. no one believes you actually would

2. it defines bynum being succesful as having a 20/10 season. he could easily have a 15/12/3 season and that would be fantastic

3. i don't know if your basketball knowledge is really that great. as evidenced by this post
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 PM   #186
CantStop
Banned

CantStop has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
Err, the best 5 is THE most important factor when determining team strength, firstly. Secondly, if Bynum plays to potential they have the best blend of interior (Bynum/Gasol/Odom) and perimeter (Kobe/Artest/Odom) talent and impact in the league. And unlike some of the other teams you mentioned (e.g., Utah), the Lakers have a top 3 (at the minimum) player in the league, which is THE most important factor in team success. Drop Lebron onto that Utah squad in place of Harpring and maybe you'd have a point.

So let me amend my statement a bit: LA is the most stacked team led by a current top 3-5 player in the game since the 80's Lakers/Celts.

LOL @ you always hyping Kobe's cast to belittle him. Biggest crock of BS. Michael's cast of any championship team > Kobe. Your motives are disturbing.
CantStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:24 PM   #187
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Breaking News: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashard
The Lakers have a big 5 that can compete with any team in the league.
The Lakers have a big 5 that no team in the league can compete with.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #188
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Fisher/Farmar
Vujacic/Brown
Walton
Powell
Mbenga

Fish does not stand out at all? OK.

momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #189
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
You got a whole lot of good role players right there.
First of all don't disrespect D-Fish. D-Fish is the soul of the team I have said it many times before. No...he is not an elite guard but just like Kobe he has a great work ethic and is a great veteran leader on this team. Character players go a long long way in the league.
I think Walton is a smart player and knows the triangle well. He can create plays for us every now and then. I like having Walton coming of the bench. Not the most athletic player etc. but he makes plays happen every now and then.

Sasha an Famar....I really expect more from these guys really. If they can play consistent the Lakers will be a very very very scary team.
And Brown and Powell have a whole lot of upside IMO. I hope they get the minutes they need to prove themselves.
And as for DJ.....love that guy. Just a big body to throw in there every now and then. And if this cat is having a good game...you know the Lakers are mos def winning in a blow out.

Could not have said it better mate, 'specially about Fishie. He is a great reason why the whole adds up to more than the sum of the lakers parts.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #190
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Breaking News: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Finally this is done. Hopefully I hear no more about Favre and Beckham and I'm ecstatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
FURIOUS.

?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #191
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop
LOL @ you always hyping Kobe's cast to belittle him. Biggest crock of BS. Michael's cast of any championship team > Kobe. Your motives are disturbing.

You're kidding, right? Jordan never had the talent around him that Kobe will have this year, during the first three-peat especially.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #192
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Dr. Hoopenstein has decent reputation

Lol, Lamar wasn't leaving Hollywood he got his recently new actress lady friend (Tamala Jones) on his mind.
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #193
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Quote:
MAVS:
Campier/Jawai

Miller/Blake/Bayless
Roy/Rudy
Webster/Batum/Cunningham
Oden/Przybilla
10 players deep with potential to be 11 in Bayless. Rudy, Przybilla and Outlaw are starting caliber players for a decent amount of teams.

Magic:

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Redick
Pietrus/Barnes
Lewis/Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

C-Okur/Koufos
F-Boozer/Millsap
F-Miles/Kirilenko
G-Brewer/Korver
G-Williams/Prince

Fisher/Farmar
Vujacic/Brown
Walton
Powell
Mbenga

Spurs of course! Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Hill, and Mason. Add in Blair if he pans out and that's a damn good 8 man rotation right there.
I think the Magic will slide RLewis to the SF like in Seattle & start Bass at the PF. Foyle will be returning as well.

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Pietrus/Redick
Lewis/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat/Foyle

Which ever teams can stay the healthiest should prevail in the standings.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:12 AM   #194
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Quote:
MAVS:
Campier/Jawai

Miller/Blake/Bayless
Roy/Rudy
Webster/Batum/Cunningham
Oden/Przybilla

Magic:

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Redick
Pietrus/Barnes
Lewis/Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

C-Okur/Koufos
F-Boozer/Millsap
F-Miles/Kirilenko
G-Brewer/Korver
G-Williams/Prince

Fisher/Farmar
Vujacic/Brown
Walton
Powell
Mbenga

I think the Magic will slide RLewis to the SF like in Seattle & start Bass at the PF. Foyle will be returning as well.

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Pietrus/Redick
Lewis/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat/Foyle

Which ever teams can stay the healthiest should prevail in the standings.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #195
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Let me be the first to say congrats to the 2010 NBA champions. I'm not a huge Laker fan but how can anyone say that unless someone gets injured this team isn't winning the championship?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: