Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #196
AJ2k8
Banned
 
AJ2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Let me be the first to say congrats to the 2010 NBA champions. I'm not a huge Laker fan but how can anyone say that unless someone gets injured this team isn't winning the championship?

People are way to quick to call Lakers champs... Lakers will still have trouble with the tougher frontcourts and the quicker backcourts and we still don't know whether they will be able to function with Pau, Odom, Artest, Kobe and Bynum wanting the ball as much as they will...
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #197
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 12,971
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
we still don't know whether they will be able to function with Pau, Odom, Artest, Kobe and Bynum wanting the ball as much as they will...


With the exception of Artest being new, whats different at this point? They've been doing fine.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:10 AM   #198
thatoneblackguy
 
thatoneblackguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,636
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Just thinking about a healthy Bynum with this squad is scary.
thatoneblackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #199
Killer_Instinct
And Another One
 
Killer_Instinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,402
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

^^ Hilarious.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #200
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 12,971
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Someone ban this fool. We dont need little children with silly attention complexes on this site. Its boring to read.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:42 AM   #201
AJ2k8
Banned
 
AJ2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
With the exception of Artest being new, whats different at this point? They've been doing fine.
Just pointing out that Artest will most likely want the ball more than Ariza did and we all know Bynum wants to try out all the stuff he learns in practice. Don't get me wrong though i think this team will do well (Injury Free) but i just wanted to highlight some possible problems with a team everyone seems to think is perfect.

Though i agree that the amount of possessions shouldn't become a problem unless they're losing...
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #202
ZaaaaaH
Banned
 
ZaaaaaH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 1,848
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
Just pointing out that Artest will most likely want the ball more than Ariza did and we all know Bynum wants to try out all the stuff he learns in practice. Don't get me wrong though i think this team will do well (Injury Free) but i just wanted to highlight some possible problems with a team everyone seems to think is perfect.

Though i agree that the amount of possessions shouldn't become a problem unless they're losing...

Nah you right. Im pretty sure Bynum will come back more healty then last year and Pau has been "Less Soft" so Front court will be alright but Back court on their PG is a problem but if Brown has been working hard over this summer that should not be a problem.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #203
KoolKat
National High School Star
 
KoolKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,292
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Someone ban this fool. We dont need little children with silly attention complexes on this site. Its boring to read.

Put him on ignore. He's the only one on my list btw.
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #204
LongLived#24
The Force is with you.
 
LongLived#24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 106
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Buckle up fellas' looks like were in for another 3 Peat
LongLived#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #205
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 12,473
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Stop jumping the shark guys...season has not even started yet.

I think this year will depend on...

1. Health
2. Run Run filling in Ariza's shoes
3. Young guys off the bench stepping up (Farmar, Sasha, Powell, Brown, Luke and Ammo)
4. Defense as always
5. Kobe, Pau, Odom, Fisher, Bynum and Run Run doing their thangy thing thing...

I think we still have the best starting five and best depth in the NBA period. Let's hope for the best...hard work and a lil bit of luck will bring that ship back to LA for the second year in a row no doubt.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #206
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 7,757
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Stop jumping the shark guys...season has not even started yet.

I think this year will depend on...

1. Health
2. Run Run filling in Ariza's shoes
3. Young guys off the bench stepping up (Farmar, Sasha, Powell, Brown, Luke and Ammo)
4. Defense as always
5. Kobe, Pau, Odom, Fisher, Bynum and Run Run doing their thangy thing thing...

I think we still have the best starting five and best depth in the NBA period. Let's hope for the best...hard work and a lil bit of luck will bring that ship back to LA for the second year in a row no doubt.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #207
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 12,473
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1


What you gunna tell me now the Boston's retirement camp is better?

F*ck out here.

BUCK FOSTON!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #208
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 7,757
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
What you gunna tell me now the Boston's retirement camp is better?

F*ck out here.

BUCK FOSTON!
Damn didn't want to but let's do the comparison thing

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher
Allen<<<<<Kobe
Pierce>>>>>>>>>>>Artest
KG>>>>>>>>>>Gasol
Perkins=Bynum

House, Daniels, Sheed>>>Odom, Brown, Vujacic

Now you fck outta here...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #209
Thom.Yorke
Decent playground baller
 
Thom.Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher
Allen<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Kobe
Pierce>>>>Artest
KG>Gasol
Perkins>>>Bynum

House, Daniels, Sheed =Odom, Brown, Vujacic

Now you fck outta here...


its close than you think to be honest, i'll agree with rondo & fish
but kobe is way better than allen (duh)

while pierce is better offensively, i think they balance out a little bit because of ron's defense (props for finals mvp on p.p)

to be honest k.g. is just a little bit than gasol, gasol has been a solid solid (offensively & defensively clutch)

sad to say i'll take perkins over bynum right now

house=brown, brown is clutch and an excellent defender & shooter

Odom>sheed, sheed is living off rep now he's semi-washed up

daniels>sasha, sasha had a really bad yea, probably cause he got paid & hurt.
Thom.Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #210
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert
 
kobesabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surf Cities
Posts: 3,257
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom.Yorke
daniels>sasha, sasha had a really bad yea, probably cause he got paid & hurt.
Sasha hurt? Hurt of what? Most people who are "good" don't need a whole year to recover their skill. I think Sasha just isn't really a good and is overrated and overpaid.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy