Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #211
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom.Yorke
its close than you think to be honest, i'll agree with rondo & fish
but kobe is way better than allen (duh)

while pierce is better offensively, i think they balance out a little bit because of ron's defense (props for finals mvp on p.p)

to be honest k.g. is just a little bit than gasol, gasol has been a solid solid (offensively & defensively clutch)

sad to say i'll take perkins over bynum right now

house=brown, brown is clutch and an excellent defender & shooter

Odom>sheed, sheed is living off rep now he's semi-washed up

daniels>sasha, sasha had a really bad yea, probably cause he got paid & hurt.

You simply can't compare teams that way, it's about balance and chemistry. Not about individual match-ups. I prefer LA's group of guys more because they are so well rounded when it comes to the offensive end, and defensively with a healthy Bynum and Artest's acquisition...they just might be the best.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #212
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Damn didn't want to but let's do the comparison thing

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher
Allen<<<<<Kobe
Pierce>>>>>>>>>>>Artest
KG>>>>>>>>>>Gasol
Perkins=Bynum

House, Daniels, Sheed>>>Odom, Brown, Vujacic

Now you fck outta here...

this is my favorite way of determining team advantages. it takes into account so much. and everyone knows what those greater than signs mean.

try fantasy basketball retard
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #213
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
this is my favorite way of determining team advantages. it takes into account so much. and everyone knows what those greater than signs mean.

try fantasy basketball retard
The Celtics are bringing back all five of their championship starters plus they added depth to their bench. We needed a scorer off the bench and we got two of them. You guys got to integrate that bone-head Artest into your system who's going to start jacking up threes like he's Jason Kapono. Watch signing Artest bites the Lakers in the ass. We have more depth and Rondo and Perk have consistently gotten better and better. It's really no contest if you ask me.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #214
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
The Celtics are bringing back all five of their championship starters plus they added depth to their bench. We needed a scorer off the bench and we got two of them. You guys got to integrate that bone-head Artest into your system who's going to start jacking up threes like he's Jason Kapono. Watch signing Artest bites the Lakers in the ass. We have more depth and Rondo and Perk have consistently gotten better and better. It's really no contest if you ask me.

that's a great science experiment you just conducted.

i say ron will integrate just fine, and that he isn't a bone head, but in fact a very smart basketball player who will neutralize the advantage you had at sf when you won in 2008.

i think we have more depth and shannon brown and andrew bynum are going to win over a lot of fans this year.

i did the same thing!

edit: props for not using the >>> bullsh*t though

Last edited by SourGrapes : 08-01-2009 at 11:02 PM.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #215
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher
Allen<<<<<Kobe
Pierce>>>>>>>>>>>Artest
KG>>>>>>>>>>Gasol
Perkins=Bynum

The difference between Rondo and Fisher is about the same as the difference between Kobe & Allen, or at the very least, is, in my opinion. I'd also take Perkins over Bynum as of now due to the atrocious showing Bynum had in the playoffs.

Give me the Lakers bench over the Celtics bench just due to Lamar already showing how much of a luxury it is for the Lakers to bring him off the bench while Sheed is a question and House/Vujacic are the same thing, streaky shooters (although House is much more consistent).

Either way, the offseason isn't done and there are teams in each conference that can knock out the Lakers/Celts (Spurs/Mavs in West, Magic/Cavs in East)
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #216
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
I don't see how you can compare two teams this talented by going lawlz hes better than him!!!

Artest in this system will get wide open 3s...he's 40% on mostly contested last year. It's obviously not going to be a piece of cake to make sure Artest fits with the team, but he's familiar with important guys and he seems at home. Celtics have to integrate Sheed and hope Garnett is back to full health.

LA's bench is pretty good..

playoff stats:

Farmar (5/2) / Brown (5/1)
Sasha (3/1...stats look worse b/c of Finals. Good D on Korver, Wafer, JR)
Luuuuuuke (4/3/2)
Odom (12/9)

Powell and Mbenga held the fort against Orlando early in Game 3.

Morrison has a chunky expirer that can be used OR he can give you around 5 PPG.

Why not wait till we see each team play next season and towards the playoffs we'll have a better indication of who's better??
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #217
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
I don't see how you can compare two teams this talented by going lawlz hes better than him!!!

Artest in this system will get wide open 3s...he's 40% on mostly contested last year. It's obviously not going to be a piece of cake to make sure Artest fits with the team, but he's familiar with important guys and he seems at home. Celtics have to integrate Sheed and hope Garnett is back to full health.

LA's bench is pretty good..

playoff stats:

Farmar (5/2) / Brown (5/1)
Sasha (3/1...stats look worse b/c of Finals. Good D on Korver, Wafer, JR)
Luuuuuuke (4/3/2)
Odom (12/9)

Powell and Mbenga held the fort against Orlando early in Game 3.

Morrison has a chunky expirer that can be used OR he can give you around 5 PPG.

Why not wait till we see each team play next season and towards the playoffs we'll have a better indication of who's better??
It won't be as hard integrating Sheed as it will with Artest and no one is taking Morrison's contract.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #218
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
It won't be as hard integrating Sheed as it will with Artest and no one is taking Morrison's contract.

It won't be hard to make either fit. Wallace is friends with Garnett and Artest is friends with Odom/Kobe. Both will be pleased to be on contenders and to contribute.

Plenty of desperate 2010 teams would trade for Morrison's 6 million expirer.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #219
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
It won't be hard to make either fit. Wallace is friends with Garnett and Artest is friends with Odom/Kobe. Both will be pleased to be on contenders and to contribute.

Plenty of desperate 2010 teams would trade for Morrison's 6 million expirer.

Yeah, if you want Jared Jeffries or Eddy Curry.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #220
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:

Rondo>>>>>>>>>>>>Fisher
Allen<<<<<Kobe
Pierce>>>>>>>>>>>Artest
KG>>>>>>>>>>Gasol
Perkins=Bynum

This might be the worst logic I've ever seen on this website. Congratulations.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #221
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
The difference between Rondo and Fisher is about the same as the difference between Kobe & Allen, or at the very least, is, in my opinion. I'd also take Perkins over Bynum as of now due to the atrocious showing Bynum had in the playoffs.

Give me the Lakers bench over the Celtics bench just due to Lamar already showing how much of a luxury it is for the Lakers to bring him off the bench while Sheed is a question and House/Vujacic are the same thing, streaky shooters (although House is much more consistent).

Either way, the offseason isn't done and there are teams in each conference that can knock out the Lakers/Celts (Spurs/Mavs in West, Magic/Cavs in East)

You honestly think there is a single GM in this league that would take Perkins over Bynum if they had that option?
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #222
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
This might be the worst logic I've ever seen on this website. Congratulations.
Says the guy with the "lakers 1" user title.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #223
CantStop
Banned

Mr.Basketball is an idiot. How can you determine the better squad with > signs? Jesus....

Celtics fans....

SMH @ Rondo having more > signs than Kobe having on Ray. Print out your post, show it to your mom and scream at the top of your lungs " YOU RAISED A F*CKING IDIOT!"

Pierce is not >>>>>>>>>> than Artest. Yes, he's better on offense but he's not that much better. So let me get this straight, Kobe is a bit better than Ray but Pierce is a lot better than Ron despite Ron being better on the other side of the court while Kobe is better than Ray on both sides of the court. Google search logic and come back to me with the definition.

Also, KG is not that much better than Gasol. Punch yourself in the face t'ill your eye socket squirts blood. He's better but NOT that MUCH better.
CantStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #224
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

Quote:
Says the guy with the "lakers 1" user title.

I know I'm probably being bias when I say this but the Lakers definitely have the strongest roster to me. Replacing Ariza with someone like Artest will not go unnoticed. 2 time DPOY and a known "bad-boy" bruiser that has been in the league long enough now to be considered a veteran. I can't wait to see Artest guarding Pierce and the other perimeter players. Kobe on House might be a fun matchup too. Kobe is one of the smartest players in the game, he will know to always close out on House's 3s. It's not like House can run Kobe all over the place. No matter which team your into it's gonna be a great season. Spurs have gotten consideribly better, so has the Magic and the Cavs. With that said I think a Celtics Lakers Finals rematch will be inevitable. The refs subconsicously will be drawn to setting up one of the best rivalries in all of sports. Both teams have gone on to win rings and they have met in the finals before. Something tells me that the 2nd time they meet with be epic.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #225
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop
Mr.Basketball is an idiot. How can you determine the better squad with > signs? Jesus....

Celtics fans....

SMH @ Rondo having more > signs than Kobe having on Ray. Print out your post, show it to your mom and scream at the top of your lungs " YOU RAISED A F*CKING IDIOT!"

Pierce is not >>>>>>>>>> than Artest. Yes, he's better on offense but he's not that much better. So let me get this straight, Kobe is a bit better than Ray but Pierce is a lot better than Ron despite Ron being better on the other side of the court while Kobe is better than Ray on both sides of the court. Google search logic and come back to me with the definition.

Also, KG is not that much better than Gasol. Punch yourself in the face t'ill your eye socket squirts blood. He's better but NOT that MUCH better.
Take Kobe's d*ck out of your ass for a minute and just STFU. The Celtics absolutely destroyed the Lakers when we won the championship and now with championship experience, continuous improvement of Rondo and Perk, plus added depth the Lakers really can't compete. If you ask me the Lakers should have kept Ariza. I'm laughing at you idiots because just last season Artest was a team killer but now all of sudden he's your savior.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: