Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #226
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lamar Odom to return to the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Up
You honestly think there is a single GM in this league that would take Perkins over Bynum if they had that option?

For one season? Yes. Like I said, Bynum was atrocious in the playoffs while, with Perkins, you always know you are going to get some damn good defense and physical play. Sure, Bynum has more potential, and I know that if it was for more then one season, all the GM's (maybe minus one or two) would take him over Perk, but I was talking solely about next season only.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #227
CantStop
Banned

CantStop has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Take Kobe's d*ck out of your ass for a minute and just STFU. The Celtics absolutely destroyed the Lakers when we won the championship and now with championship experience, continuous improvement of Rondo and Perk, plus added depth the Lakers really can't compete. If you ask me the Lakers should have kept Ariza. I'm laughing at you idiots because just last season Artest was a team killer but now all of sudden he's your savior.

Celtics destroyed us without Bynum and basically without Ariza. Oh wow, now tell me those two don't make a difference. You're right, LA didn't improve. We beat your asses twice without Bynum last season.

* Smacks the silly out of this child*

Artest last season played his best out of any seasons he had team wise if you ask me and I've said it in every Ron thread about him. He had a contract year but stuck with team ball until they needed him in the second round. If you ask me, you're a f*cking idiot and I'm sure plenty agree as seen in the thread.

I still can't believe this clown is bringing up two years ago when Celtics as some determinating factor when as seen last year L.A had the advantage unless regular season didn't count cause the Celts weren't trying right?
CantStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #228
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop
Celtics destroyed us without Bynum and basically without Ariza. Oh wow, now tell me those two don't make a difference. You're right, LA didn't improve. We beat your asses twice without Bynum last season.

* Smacks the silly out of this child*

Artest last season played his best out of any seasons he had team wise if you ask me and I've said it in every Ron thread about him. He had a contract year but stuck with team ball until they needed him in the second round. If you ask me, you're a f*cking idiot and I'm sure plenty agree as seen in the thread.

I still can't believe this clown is bringing up two years ago when Celtics as some determinating factor when as seen last year L.A had the advantage unless regular season didn't count cause the Celts weren't trying right?

You honestly believe the Lakers could have beat us this year if KG was healthy and lmao at you bringing Bynum up. He's never healty.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #229
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You honestly believe the Lakers could have beat us this year if KG was healthy and lmao at you bringing Bynum up. He's never healty.
Celtics have never beat LA with Bynum and Gasol in the lineup.

We survived 6 games without 2 starters against your fully healthy team, I'd say we got a good shot when healthy against anyone.

The Lakers did beat Boston twice this year with KG healthy, it's not a stretch at all to think LA would win. Gasol and Odom got much tougher from the 08 Finals.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #230
CantStop
Banned

CantStop has decent reputation

Quote:

We did it twice this year in the regular season. Ariza was healthy and Bynum came back for the playoffs. @ you acting like L.A had no chance against them when everyone knows they had a good chance to beat them.

Keep praising your senior citizen squad and bragging about signing some 6'10 or so chucker in Sheed. Ray Allen's arms are gonna fall off soon and get exposed again while he gets outplayed by some scrub like J.J Reddick. Rondo is decent but even his own GM thinks he's overrated.
CantStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #231
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop
We did it twice this year in the regular season. Ariza was healthy and Bynum came back for the playoffs. @ you acting like L.A had no chance against them when everyone knows they had a good chance to beat them.

Keep praising your senior citizen squad and bragging about signing some 6'10 or so chucker in Sheed. Ray Allen's arms are gonna fall off soon and get exposed again while he gets outplayed by some scrub like J.J Reddick. Rondo is decent but even his own GM thinks he's overrated.
7 game series you have no chance and you know it. Perk and KG beats the living hell out of Odom and Gasol every time. Bynum shouldn't even be discussed and Ray is doubled off screens. Reddick outplayed him?
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #232
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
7 game series you have no chance and you know it. Perk and KG beats the living hell out of Odom and Gasol every time. Bynum shouldn't even be discussed and Ray is doubled off screens. Reddick outplayed him?

Kg and Perk beats the living hell out of those two physically because they are much more traditional 5s and 4s and because they are obviously more physical than Gasol and Odom. Odom and Gasol can expose KG and perk in other ways though. And explain why Bynum shouldn't be discussed? He had a poor 09 postseason yes but that's because he was coming off an injury at the same time everyone else in the league was going full throttle and he was frustrated at the offensive and defensive ends which lead to less PT from PJ. If he's able to be at 100% come playoff next season and avoid any sort of major injury Lakers will be a force.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #233
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Take Kobe's d*ck out of your ass for a minute and just STFU. The Celtics absolutely destroyed the Lakers when we won the championship and now with championship experience, continuous improvement of Rondo and Perk, plus added depth the Lakers really can't compete. If you ask me the Lakers should have kept Ariza. I'm laughing at you idiots because just last season Artest was a team killer but now all of sudden he's your savior.

how was artest a team killer last year? in fact i heard the opposite.

and how did the celtics do last year against the lakers without bynum and artest?

i know you like your team, but damn, be realistic
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #234
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

also, why is it different over a 7 games series as opposed to the two regular season meetings last year? those two regular season games were just flukes?

i don't know who will win if they meet up but your cockiness about the whole thing is laughable.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #235
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

You can't possibly be this biased.
Lakers beat Boston with a healthy Garnett last year when the Celtics were playing their best basketball of the season.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #236
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
how was artest a team killer last year? in fact i heard the opposite.

and how did the celtics do last year against the lakers without bynum and artest?

i know you like your team, but damn, be realistic
IDK about team killer either, but his last 3 games vs. LA:

3-10 7pts / 8 rebs / 5 ast
6-17 14 pts
4-15 9pts / 4 rebs

and he shot 38% in that round overall. Let's face it, he was chucking them up (at least in the last 3 games he was)
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #237
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
IDK about team killer either, but his last 3 games vs. LA:

3-10 7pts / 8 rebs / 5 ast
6-17 14 pts
4-15 9pts / 4 rebs

and he shot 38% in that round overall. Let's face it, he was chucking them up (at least in the last 3 games he was)

Indeed. Good thing though is that we dont really NEED his offense at this point. Where as Houston was kind of in and out of the hole, needing him to score at times. It was just rough down there in H-town
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #238
revan
I brick open layups

revan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I clearly remember Gasol ****ing the **** out of Boston twice last year.

20/3/5 on 7/14
24/14/3 on 10/14

Your contender window is closing and you know it.

revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #239
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, as a Lakers fan, all I can say is, it all remains to be seen.

I suppose we can only ultimately hope to see a rematch in the 2010 finals with Boston/LA going at it. The champs of the last two years, going head to head once again. Would be cool.

Regular season meants JACK SH*T as we all saw, with the Orlando and LA series....seeing as how Orlando served up the Lakers during the regular season only to be smashed on in the finals.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #240
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan
I clearly remember Gasol ****ing the **** out of Boston twice last year.

20/3/5 on 7/14
24/14/3 on 10/14

Your contender window is closing and you know it.

By the way, who the hell is that in your avatar?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: