Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Lamar Odom signs with Lakers

So does this mean Wade doesnt re-sign after this season? Who else are they going to get?

Wade looking more like a possibility.

Except for the fact this puts more pressure on the heat to get boozer.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Triplelefthook
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Triplelefthook has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lamar Odom signs with Lakers

wow i hope so. get all these contracts off the books, tell Wade that if he comes to NY, we will spend a billion dollars building a superstar unit all around him
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yea theres a little thing called a salary cap lol.I dont think the Heat not gettin Odom helps our chances much.Wade is more worried about what they do next season rather than this one.He's gotta play this year anyway.His leverage doesnt really kick in till next year.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
yea theres a little thing called a salary cap lol.I dont think the Heat not gettin Odom helps our chances much.Wade is more worried about what they do next season rather than this one.He's gotta play this year anyway.His leverage doesnt really kick in till next year.

your right. But he did really really want Lamar Odom.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Vernon
Banned

Vernon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplelefthook
wow i hope so. get all these contracts off the books, tell Wade that if he comes to NY, we will spend a billion dollars building a superstar unit all around him

Wade is a near-career-ending injury waiting to happen. I say he's toxic, and teams should be caution about unloading everything to nab him. Let's put all of our eggs into the LeBron basket, and hope like hell it goes through. King James is the answer for the Knicks, not Wade.
Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Wade scored more ppg then LeBron last season, more then anyone really lol
Old 08-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

every player is a career ending injury waiting to happen really.i'll take the risk.it's a much higher reward.i dont think anyone is going to say you're stupid for takin DWade.i think if he stopped playung basketball right now,he'd already be considered for the HOF.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
Vernon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
every player is a career ending injury waiting to happen really.i'll take the risk.it's a much higher reward.i dont think anyone is going to say you're stupid for takin DWade.i think if he stopped playung basketball right now,he'd already be considered for the HOF.

I don't believe this statement is true (your last sentence anyway). Yes, he's already won a title, but a lot of that is credited to Shaq also. You have to think, guys like Penny, Grant Hill and even T-Mac will probably never get a whiff of the HOF due to their unfortunate respective injuries. I think Wade is a certain future HOFer if he stays on the court, no question, but somewhat premature to say he's already HOF material if he ended his career now.

Again, I love Wade as a player, I think he'd be an outstanding addition to not only NY, but any franchise. I'm just saying LeBron James is easily the more superior player. This is not really debatable. More PPG, OK I'll even agree Wade is a slightly better overall scorer than James, but not better overall player, really not even close IMO.

James with the right pieces around him equate to guaranteed titles, where I wouldn’t go as far as saying with Wade.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon
I don't believe this statement is true (your last sentence anyway). Yes, he's already won a title, but a lot of that is credited to Shaq also. You have to think, guys like Penny, Grant Hill and even T-Mac will probably never get a whiff of the HOF due to their unfortunate respective injuries. I think Wade is a certain future HOFer if he stays on the court, no question, but somewhat premature to say he's already HOF material if he ended his career now.

Again, I love Wade as a player, I think he'd be an outstanding addition to not only NY, but any franchise. I'm just saying LeBron James is easily the more superior player. This is not really debatable. More PPG, OK I'll even agree Wade is a slightly better overall scorer than James, but not better overall player, really not even close IMO.

James with the right pieces around him equate to guaranteed titles, where I wouldn’t go as far as saying with Wade.

Where do we have those pieces? The Cavs have more pieces then us. LeBron is more likely to stay because he knows he atleast going to get to the eastern conference title. I mean your question is pretty much who would you rather have...Wade or LeBron? Which is simple, LBJ. But who is more likely to leave there team first, and second who is more likely to take a big contract and risk not going much father whether with the Knicks or with their current team?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
Vernon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Where do we have those pieces? The Cavs have more pieces then us. LeBron is more likely to stay because he knows he atleast going to get to the eastern conference title. I mean your question is pretty much who would you rather have...Wade or LeBron? Which is simple, LBJ. But who is more likely to leave there team first, and second who is more likely to take a big contract and risk not going much father whether with the Knicks or with their current team?

You're underrating LBJ's incentive to be in the NY market. If the Knicks had LBJ, management would be willing to do what's needed to get LeBron the pieces he's need to put on a title run. It wouldn't take a crapload of players to get the Knicks to that level. LeBron is the biggest impact player this league has seen since Shaq'a prime in LA. LeBron is good enough to get the Knicks to title-land with just a few more pieces around him. Wade, would need more. That's all I'm saying.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

LeBron would benefit alot from the NY market and I know theres no bigger market than the financial capital of the world but he's not going to come here with us as bad as we are.that defeats the purpose.The monetary difference in marketability will gradually decrease when we start losing.not to mention the Cavs can offer him millions more than any other team can(alot of ppl dont know or forgot that.)Also if the Nets move to Brooklyn,which he admitted he loves,he can get the same NY market,be in a town he loves,play under an owner he's close to,and get just as much attn if not more.PPL will be watching the Nets anyway if they move to Brooklyn because theyll be the "new thing".Its just like the Thunder.They stunk but ppl went to see them. Besides that,NJ is a better team than us.Devin harris is a stud @ point. I'm sure LBJ has a newfound respect for Courtney Lee after last years finals. Brooke Lopez is better than any big man we have.I personally like Yi's game. T will could be a really good 6th man or if he improves his shooting,a really good starting sg.For u guys who like 2 make hypothetical rosters heres one:

Devin Harris
Courtney Lee
LeBron James
Yi Jianlian
Brooke Lopez

6th man;Terrence Williams
Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #12
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon
You're underrating LBJ's incentive to be in the NY market. If the Knicks had LBJ, management would be willing to do what's needed to get LeBron the pieces he's need to put on a title run. It wouldn't take a crapload of players to get the Knicks to that level. LeBron is the biggest impact player this league has seen since Shaq'a prime in LA. LeBron is good enough to get the Knicks to title-land with just a few more pieces around him. Wade, would need more. That's all I'm saying.

Yea but youre underrating LBJ's need to win a title which if much greater then the market. The Cavs already got the peices why wait even longer?

How do we add the peices? If we sign him to a max contract we only have about 7-6 million to spend. And the rate we trade picks for crap? We wont be attracting LBJ. Unless he likes eating Sh!t sandwhiches.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #13
Vernon
Banned

IMO, if Cleveland is going to make a very legit title run, it will need to happen this season. This is both LBJ and Shaq's final years of their current contracts. Shaq had a solid season (considering his age) last year, but Phoenix wasn't exactly a force to be reckoned with either. The fact is, Shaq just isn't that same championship piece he used to be valued as. I think the Cavs are in good position to make the Finals, but if they either fail to make the Finals or get blown out by an overpowering West powerhouse, I think LBJ would sharply consider other options (unless he has already signed before the end of the regular season).

Another point to consider is that Cleveland is not poised to be a year-after-year Finals/title contender with Cleveland's current roster. Big Z is obviously in decline mode, Varejao was just given a nightmare contract for their franchise. Gibson is a streaky player, and overrated. LBJ is the mold that makes all those guys much better than they'd be without him in the line-up. You take LBJ out of that line-up, and the Cavs would be a basement team in the East. James can make the Knicks' substandard players into standard players just like he has done with Cleveland.

James hasn't signed anything yet, and clearly tells the media he's most certainly keeping his options open. LBJ in New York would automatically make the NBA's value skyrocket, so I'm sure Stern would do whatever to ensure LeBron gets into that market (if you believe strings are pulled behind the scenes; ie Boston's blessings of adding KG and Allen). Even if the Knicks take a few years to get to where they ultimately want to be (deep in the playoffs / title worthy) it would be worth it. I think more signs point to yes than no when it comes to James being in NY. I think it's up in the air right now, maybe a 50/50 shot we land him.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #14
Vernon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Yea but youre underrating LBJ's need to win a title which if much greater then the market. The Cavs already got the peices why wait even longer?

How do we add the peices? If we sign him to a max contract we only have about 7-6 million to spend. And the rate we trade picks for crap? We wont be attracting LBJ. Unless he likes eating Sh!t sandwhiches.

You put LBJ in a Knicks uniform, you sell out games in MSG easily. This could salvage the Knicks franchise, and ultimately raise the NBA's overall value by a noticeable margin. Dolan and the city of NY would be willing to add needed pieces in order to appease James, even if it meant taking a plunge into the luxury tax. They've done it before, even with sub-par basketball teams. The team value would rise and selling out games / selling merchandise could off-set a high tax.

The Knicks with James winning titles would be just as valuable for the league if not more valuable for the league with the Lakers winning titles. This needs to happen!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

NY never had a problem with selling tickets to begin with.They have been top 10 in attendance for the last decade.

"thing to keep in mind, with the salary cap going down, the Cavaliers will be able to offer James more money than any other team in the NBA because he will be grandfathered in under his current contract terms." -cavskingdom.com

Z comes off the books next year.Shaq comes off the books next year.So why exactly can't THEY get Amare or Bosh on top of the roster they have that's better than ours.Plus he has chemistry with the players,it's his home town, and he just built a house out there.You gotta come with something bigger than this whole "market" song and dance you're preaching.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: