Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 205
mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far
Default A.I. in NY???

Alright roll with me for a minute. If the Ramon Sessions chase turns out to come up empty, based on an article in today's NY Daily News, the Knicks might then look at AI. I've always thought that AI would actually be a nice fit in the current system. He is looking to rebuild his image and what better place than NY to do so. For those that compare AI to Marbury, IMHO you are WAY off base. AI is a Hall of Famer; a cat that has proven that he is ithe BEST 6'0' and below player EVER to play in the league. If not the best then he is right there with Tiny Archibald who would be the ONLY other player in AI's league ever for his height. (AI is actually only about 5'10 or 5'11' tall for those think he is 6'1' tall) So then you say that he is a knuclehead just like Marbury and we don't want another headache, well again, other than Detroit, AI has been traded only once in his career. Marbury has been traded twice and dumped twice.
I like to point to the players that did come to NY and resurrected their careers AND fans loved them because of just plain hard work:
Latrell Sprewell - choked his coach and kicked out of GS
Larry Johnson - bad back and all but came to pay everynight!
Anothony Mason - played overseas for years before hitting MSG
X-Man and Oak - both considered thugs but came to NY and worked!!
AND THE ONE THAT TOPS THEM ALL IS......
Bernard King!!! My favorite NY Knick of ALL TIME who was traded from the Nets to Golden State as well as being thought of as a drunk in GS then came to NY and became one of the top five players EVER to wear the Knick uniform.
(The top five were Reed, Ewing, Clyde, Bradley and King IMHO)

NY fans love hard work and say what you want about AI, he brings it EVERY NIGHT and you never questioned his desire when at tipoff time.
Face it; we don't have a 1st round pick in 2010, we might not even get one of the prized free agents in the 2010 class so bottom line is that we have need to win some games, make the playoffs and get some buzz back in the Garden. You never underestimate a man that has something to provie and AI is that dude right now. He doesn't want to go out like he did in Detroit and the fact is that AI just was not a good fit in Detroit's system from go. I say give him a shot but if we don't AND come up empty handed in our pursuit of Ramon Sessions, be prepared for another 30-35 win season, missing the playoffs and holding onto the pipedream that Lebron is coming to NY. Lebron, Wade, or Bosh aint coming!! Let's roll with AI for the year because we sure have nothing else to lose....

People love NateRob but can't stand the thought of AI coming to NY. The ONLY THING that N8 has on AI is that he is younger. Other than that, as much respect as I have for N8 for his talent, he can't carry AI's jockstrap even at 34 years of age. On talent alone who would you chose?
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,557
Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

hes wayyyyyyyy past his prime. hed just be a waste of time. If wed sign him I doubt itd be long term. 1 year of A.I. with a bad team doesnt make any sense. We wont get anything done with or with out him. Got to think about the future. Sessions is that.
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,907
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

To put Nate in the same breath as AI is hilarious... In no way shape or form is Nate at or ever will be what a Prime AI was..

I liked Nate in the first part of the season but the second half he reverted back to the MORONIC selfish play... I am not a fan of Nate personally!

Basketball wise I would take Tinsley over AI... I want no parts of AI...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,557
Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
To put Nate in the same breath as AI is hilarious... In no way shape or form is Nate at or ever will be what a Prime AI was..

I liked Nate in the first part of the season but the second half he reverted back to the MORONIC selfish play... I am not a fan of Nate personally!

Basketball wise I would take Tinsley over AI... I want no parts of AI...

Id take A.I over Tinsley
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,907
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Id take A.I over Tinsley
AI is too selfish and he thinks too much of himself to play team ball!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,557
Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
AI is too selfish and he thinks too much of himself to play team ball!

All we've got on this team is role players. Maybey we need someone who will try and put the ball in the hoop.
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,907
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
All we've got on this team is role players. Maybey we need someone who will try and put the ball in the hoop.
So I guess you dont realize why Harrington and Nate are not wanted on the team because of that mentality!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 205
mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

help me understand the way past his prime part? In Detroit, he still averaged 17.5 PPG which would have made him the 2nd leading scorer on our team; 4.9 APG would have made him the second leader in assists per game; 1.57 SPG would have made him the leader in steals on the Knicks. This done on a team that averaged only 94.2 PPG in the Pistons which had one of the lowest overall PPG for a team in the league. Now you transpose that "past prime" scoring ability to the Knicks in a starting role and you tell me that he would not average 20 plus PPG in our system? If he's washed up and would still avergage more PPG than anybody on our current team now then I would take my chances with AI. Also AI only takes 1.7 three point attempts per game so his 17.5 ppg was based off going to the hole and medium range jump shots every game, not jacking up almost 7 three point attmpts per game like Al Harrington or over 5 three point attempts per game like N8.

Also who currently on the Knicks would you rather have the ball in their hand with the game on the line as opposed to possibly AI? Didn't Al Harrington lose like two to three games at the end on technicals for doing something stupid like hanging on the rim at the end of games that we should have won. Who on the Knicks has been in even more than five games situations with the game on the line in their whole career and actually come through to get the victory? Who on the Knicks can penetrate and get the defense to collapse or go to the line 6-8 times per game like AI still can? NO KINCK averaged more than 4.2 FT attempts per game. Who on the Knicks commands even an occasional double team like AI still can? Or should we just continue to let players jack up shots from the three point line with the opposing team just sitting back waiting for long rebounds and no Kinick even close to grabbing an offensive rebound other than DLee?
If we can get Sessions, and that is a major IF and he turns out to be good going forward then fine. But if you are telling me that we couldn't use a player with the still potent scoring ability of AI to make a push to even smell the playoffs in the East then we all must be delusional.

Last edited by mjc1241 : 07-31-2009 at 02:42 PM.
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
NeeJ49er
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
NeeJ49er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 29
NeeJ49er has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

HELL NO ....... STAY AWAY FROM A.I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Were trying to build something here, A.I is not a building block and would not buy into the TEAM concept...A.I would ruin any postive changes and steps towards respectability !!!
NeeJ49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,557
Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So I guess you dont realize why Harrington and Nate are not wanted on the team because of that mentality!

ya got me on that one
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut
 
JerzeyBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 429
JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

YOOOOOOO KNICKSSSSS WATUP now this is a topic im excited to post about. My due A.I. yo thats my due. Aight first off, im a huge fan of A.I. Being from south jersey, i followed him in philly, then denver, (not detroit tho, i hate detroit) anyways. Like the original poster stated A.I. IS THAT DUDE...People may say he is past his prime, but i say that he is not past his prime at all..He's 34 but has something to prove. WHEN the knicks was about to get JKidd and GHill y'all was all over that...but they both are wat 36,37? Not quite the players they used to be still damn good. AI is no different, he has about 4 years left in him before i think he even consider retiring. Bottom line is A.I. is a superstar that will put points on the board, will re spark the city of New York and will thrive in D'antoni's system even more than Sessions will. Do you know how fast and unstoppable that dude is...Look im for the Sessions move, but if they cant get sessions, why would you not welcome A.I.? One dude said his attitude...let me tell you something, you need attitude to play ball and especially at 6'0. As long as he gets along with his teammates and coaching staff and respects the city, whats the problem?

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 07-31-2009 at 03:19 PM.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #12
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,557
Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1241
help me understand the way past his prime part? In Detroit, he still averaged 17.5 PPG which would have made him the 2nd leading scorer on our team; 4.9 APG would have made him the second leader in assists per game; 1.57 SPG would have made him the leader in steals on the Knicks. This done on a team that averaged only 94.2 PPG in the Pistons which had one of the lowest overall PPG for a team in the league. Now you transpose that "past prime" scoring ability to the Knicks in a starting role and you tell me that he would not average 20 plus PPG in our system? If he's washed up and would still avergage more PPG than anybody on our current team now then I would take my chances with AI. Also AI only takes 1.7 three point attempts per game so his 17.5 ppg was based off going to the hole and medium range jump shots every game, not jacking up almost 7 three point attmpts per game like Al Harrington or over 5 three point attempts per game like N8.

Also who currently on the Knicks would you rather have the ball in their hand with the game on the line as opposed to possibly AI? Didn't Al Harrington lose like two to three games at the end on technicals for doing something stupid like hanging on the rim at the end of games that we should have won. Who on the Knicks has been in even more than five games situations with the game on the line in their whole career and actually come through to get the victory? Who on the Knicks can penetrate and get the defense to collapse or go to the line 6-8 times per game like AI still can? NO KINCK averaged more than 4.2 FT attempts per game. Who on the Knicks commands even an occasional double team like AI still can? Or should we just continue to let players jack up shots from the three point line with the opposing team just sitting back waiting for long rebounds and no Kinick even close to grabbing an offensive rebound other than DLee?
If we can get Sessions, and that is a major IF and he turns out to be good going forward then fine. But if you are telling me that we couldn't use a player with the still potent scoring ability of AI to make a push to even smell the playoffs in the East then we all must be delusional.

Even if we do sign him. It will be 1 year. He wont take us to the play-offs in that one year. Itd be a waste of time to do.

It can only hurt us because were not going anywhere with or with out him. Then factor in that hes not a good influence on other players around him, and has had clashes with head coaches.

Theres no way we should get this guy.
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,557
Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
YOOOOOOO KNICKSSSSS WATUP now this is a topic im excited to post about. My due A.I. yo thats my due. Aight first off, im a huge fan of A.I. Being from south jersey, i followed him in philly, then denver, (not detroit tho, i hate detroit) anyways. Like the original poster stated A.I. IS THAT DUDE...People may say he is past his prime, but i say that he is not past his prime at all..He's 34 but has something to prove. WHEN the knicks was about to get JKidd and GHill y'all was all over that...but they both are wat 36,37? Not quite the players they used to be still damn good. AI is no different, he has about 4 years left in him before i think he even consider retiring. Bottom line is A.I. is a superstar that will put points on the board, will re spark the city of New York and will thrive in D'antoni's system even more than Sessions will. Do you know how fast and unstoppable that dude is...Look im for the Sessions move, but if they cant get sessions, why would you now welcome A.I.? One dude said his attitude...let me tell you something, you need attitude to play ball and especially at 6'0. As long as he gets along with his teammates and coaching staff and respects the city, whats the problem?

I stopped reading after you said he was a super star. Is that a joke? The guy isnt even getting the MLE. When LeBron James is worrying about becoming the first billion dollar player.

Allen Iverson is NOWHERE near Bosh Wade James Kobe or Amar'e.
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut
 
JerzeyBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 429
JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Even if we do sign him. It will be 1 year. He wont take us to the play-offs in that one year. Itd be a waste of time to do.

It can only hurt us because were not going anywhere with or with out him. Then factor in that hes not a good influence on other players around him, and has had clashes with head coaches.

Theres no way we should get this guy.

Bano my due i feel you on this, and those who are against AI coming to NY proly feel the same way you do. But you have to ask yourself a simple question. Without him are the knicks going to make the playoffs? The answer is probably No. With him do the knicks make the playoffs? The answer is probably Yes. Ask your self another question: Does AI mess up the 2010 budget? does he dip into that money for a possible move @ lebron, wade, and bosh? The answer is NO. Does Sessions dip into that money? the answer is yes. So by adding AI for only 1 year does not hurt the knicks at all...at all. It helps alot and does not hurt. The only way that some may think it would hurt would be like you said he has had clashes with head coaches...But i answer that problem for you. Larry Brown is a D*Ck. Hard coach to play for. All AI want to do is play ball and win. Give him a chance...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut
 
JerzeyBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 429
JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I stopped reading after you said he was a super star. Is that a joke? The guy isnt even getting the MLE. When LeBron James is worrying about becoming the first billion dollar player.

Allen Iverson is NOWHERE near Bosh Wade James Kobe or Amar'e.

Once a superstar always a superstar due...i dont get when people say that. there was once a time that AI was a megastar and everyone was on his nuts, its like once u hit 30 your not a star...maybe hes not as young as he used to be but yea he's still a star. A declining star but still a star. In the NBA you have a window...once you start hitting past like 33 it starts closing but that doesn't mean your not a star. You Can't take that away from him like that. He broke many records and he still has a lot left. he may not be a mega star like he used to be, but thats only because the Media says he's not a star. When lebron James hits 34 are you going to tell me he's not a superstar? He will always be a superstar dude. AI hasnt done anything in Detroit but dont take nothing away from dude.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy