Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Bano my due i feel you on this, and those who are against AI coming to NY proly feel the same way you do. But you have to ask yourself a simple question. Without him are the knicks going to make the playoffs? The answer is probably No. With him do the knicks make the playoffs? The answer is probably Yes. Ask your self another question: Does AI mess up the 2010 budget? does he dip into that money for a possible move @ lebron, wade, and bosh? The answer is NO. Does Sessions dip into that money? the answer is yes. So by adding AI for only 1 year does not hurt the knicks at all...at all. It helps alot and does not hurt. The only way that some may think it would hurt would be like you said he has had clashes with head coaches...But i answer that problem for you. Larry Brown is a D*Ck. Hard coach to play for. All AI want to do is play ball and win. Give him a chance...

Ur out of your mind! Theres no way we make the play-offs just adding A.I.

If he wants to win? Why come to the Knicks?

NO POSSIBLE WAY WE GET TO THE PLAY-OFFS JUST ADDING A.I.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Once a superstar always a superstar due...i dont get when people say that. there was once a time that AI was a megastar and everyone was on his nuts, its like once u hit 30 your not a star...maybe hes not as young as he used to be but yea he's still a star. A declining star but still a star. In the NBA you have a window...once you start hitting past like 33 it starts closing but that doesn't mean your not a star. You Can't take that away from him like that. He broke many records and he still has a lot left. he may not be a mega star like he used to be, but thats only because the Media says he's not a star. When lebron James hits 34 are you going to tell me he's not a superstar? He will always be a superstar dude. AI hasnt done anything in Detroit but dont take nothing away from dude.

You honestly think A.I. is going to carry the Knicks on his shoulders to the play-offs and is superstar status? (cant wait to see what franchize has to say)

Hes not even a 2nd tier guy in my book. Not up to Joe Johnsons status.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #18
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
You honestly think A.I. is going to carry the Knicks on his shoulders to the play-offs and is superstar status? (cant wait to see what franchize has to say)

Hes not even a 2nd tier guy in my book. Not up to Joe Johnsons status.

Maybe im being a little biased but Look im down for Sessions or AI... ALL im saying is that the knicks have 3 options in FA right now since they missed the boat on everyone else. those options are Sessions, AI, and Tinsley (not sure if he's FA tho) but u get my drift. I would take Sessions over AI but i would also love to have AI on the team because he doesnt hurt the team in anyway. You sign him for a year and see what he can do. He brings excitement to the city cause he once was a huge huge superstar and like i said b4 still can bring it every night. look at the current knicks roster...are you excited? Now throw AI in there...b honest arent you a little bit more excited. PLUS AI IS WAY BETTER THAN DUHON. come on...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #19
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Maybe im being a little biased but Look im down for Sessions or AI... ALL im saying is that the knicks have 3 options in FA right now since they missed the boat on everyone else. those options are Sessions, AI, and Tinsley (not sure if he's FA tho) but u get my drift. I would take Sessions over AI but i would also love to have AI on the team because he doesnt hurt the team in anyway. You sign him for a year and see what he can do. He brings excitement to the city cause he once was a huge huge superstar and like i said b4 still can bring it every night. look at the current knicks roster...are you excited? Now throw AI in there...b honest arent you a little bit more excited. PLUS AI IS WAY BETTER THAN DUHON. come on...

If I were to rank those FA's you siad itd be

1. Sessions
2. Iverson
3. Tinsley

Looking at the current Knicks roster, for the most part im not excited. The only one im interesting in watching right now is Danilo Gallinari....cuz hes my favorite player, lol.

Watching Lee should be pretty interesting too. But other then that idc. If we get Sessions then id be excited about him.

So pretty much im only excited about watching Gallo Lee and Sessions.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #20
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
If I were to rank those FA's you siad itd be

1. Sessions
2. Iverson
3. Tinsley

Looking at the current Knicks roster, for the most part im not excited. The only one im interesting in watching right now is Danilo Gallinari....cuz hes my favorite player, lol.

Watching Lee should be pretty interesting too. But other then that idc. If we get Sessions then id be excited about him.

So pretty much im only excited about watching Gallo Lee and Sessions.

Tru my due i agree, im going to predict to you wats going to happen. Sessions will sign with the knicks on Monday...its a done deal.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Tru my due i agree, im going to predict to you wats going to happen. Sessions will sign with the knicks on Monday...its a done deal.

Anytime he signs with the Knicks is a good time for me
Old 07-31-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

You can add PG Jason Williams to that list now...according to RealGM. I dont have the link tho, heres the clip:

The New York Knicks have been awarded exclusive rights to negotiate with veteran guard Jason Williams through Aug. 6 after putting in a waiver claim Friday, according to NBA front-office sources.

In February, his agent, Dan Tobin, said the 10-year veteran was determined to come back in spite of the ruling that prevented Williams from latching on with a contender late last season.

"We anticipated this decision," Tobin said then. "So did Jason. But we look forward to seeing Jason back in the NBA in the 2009-10 season.

"One of the reasons we applied for reinstatement now was that we'd like to try to accelerate the process of him coming back."
Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #23
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Name me one player on the Knicks that has more talent, has more heart, has more skill, has more experience in a winning environment than AI right now?
Now the Knicks have been given exclusive negotiation rights to Jason Williams aka "White Chocolate" and I guess he would be better than AI too huh?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4369594

Sessions may be a better long term fit but in NO WAY is he a better player than AI. If I am not mistaken, AI clashed with AI and George Karl right? Larry Brown who doesn't like any player more than a year and QUIT on the Knicks and Georga Karl who single handedly dsibanded a seriously talented team with Milwaukee Bucks with Ray Allen, Big Dog, Tim Thomas and Sam Cassell when HE was the real problem. AI never had any clashes with teammates just two of the most "loveable" coaches in the NBA. AI, the guy who riffed about practice but STILL put up over 25 PPG 10 of his 14 years in the NBA and he is still not better than any Knick on the roster today? Come on man....
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1241
Name me one player on the Knicks that has more talent, has more heart, has more skill, has more experience in a winning environment than AI right now?
Now the Knicks have been given exclusive negotiation rights to Jason Williams aka "White Chocolate" and I guess he would be better than AI too huh?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4369594

Sessions may be a better long term fit but in NO WAY is he a better player than AI. If I am not mistaken, AI clashed with AI and George Karl right? Larry Brown who doesn't like any player more than a year and QUIT on the Knicks and Georga Karl who single handedly dsibanded a seriously talented team with Milwaukee Bucks with Ray Allen, Big Dog, Tim Thomas and Sam Cassell when HE was the real problem. AI never had any clashes with teammates just two of the most "loveable" coaches in the NBA. AI, the guy who riffed about practice but STILL put up over 25 PPG 10 of his 14 years in the NBA and he is still not better than any Knick on the roster today? Come on man....

He never clashed with player...but hes a bad influence. His constant partying made carmello and other nuggets players try and keep up which they couldnt. Which effected there plays. WERE NOT WINNING, SO WE DONT NEED PARTYING.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #25
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

so this is wat it looks like
1. Sessions
2. AI
3. Williams
4. Tinsley

Ill take anyone of these players...over the current pg right now. I bet you they will get 2 of these players...williams is so desparate to get into the NBA and just play for a team he will probably be willing to take a major pay cut, and AI will be very very cheap. It looks good for for the knicks either way you look at it. Someone on this list will be the starting PG and like i said everyone one of these players are better than what the knicks currently have as a PG option.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
Triplelefthook
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Triplelefthook has an OK reputation so far

I've said it before:

AI in NY would be interesting, but i watched him destroy the Nuggets for a year and a half. destroy is a strong word - but he held them back from being a championship caliber team... and he contributed to the team being a glorified streetball unit instead of a professional basketball club.

he also was notorious for his off the court partying - which i think contributed to denver's lackadaisical effort in many games and overall inconsistent play
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
mjc1241

He still produced and you have never heard any teammate badmouth Iverson. I guess we would rather see Nate hang on the rim after a dunk and slap hands with Will Farrell than have a proven player come into the Garden and play his butt off. AI is a winner and always has been. Can't say that about any current Knick but they're smiling on the bench. I have NEVER seen Iverson OK with any loss in his career and the great ones aren't alright with it at any point. You can't teach that type of attitude. Like I said, there are players in the past that came to the Knicks that were supposed bad influences or selfish players that got respect because they came to play hard every night and expected that from the whole team. Not one time this year did I see anyone get in his teammate's face during a loss. AI would do that because he expects to win. The current Knicks don't expect to win, they HOPE to win; big difference. You want to go ahead and wait for something to happen, I want to bring in a player that is going to MAKE something happen. People who need friends buy dogs; people that want to win get players that can get it done. AI is that dude.

I'm a Long Island kid; born and bred in Nassau County but now living in GA. I remember back in the very early 80's when the Knicks had players like Ken Bannister, Eddie Lee Wilkins, Truck Robinson, Rory Sparrow and were one of the worst teams in the league. Players like Michael Ray Richardson and Ray Williams helped create a little buzz but couldn't fight their own demons. Bernard King comes along and single handedly changes the attitude in the Garden, putting the team on this back to beat the Pistons in the playoffs with the flu BY HIMSELF because he was a warrior. Dislocated fingers on each hand but goes through San Antonio, Houton and Dallas and puts up 50, 50 and 38 I believe. Then comes players like Ewing, Sprewell, LJ, Mase, Oak, MJack, XMan, Greg Anthony, Starks; players who had the one thing that you can't teach and every Knick fan appreciates...HEART! The Knicks never had the most talented team in the league but they always had heart and players who came to NY back in the late 80's and 90's KNEW that you had to play with heart. We sold out the Garden every game! We need one, just one of those players to give us some heart and AI has that in him. He can make a difference and since he played in Philly, he knows that NY would expect nothing less.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:20 PM   #28
mjc1241

Denver has always needed a point guard and when you had two scorers like Melo and AI on the team with no point guard, there will be a problem. Even without a point guard they still won 50 games and made the playoffs in 07/08. Billups was just a better fit in Denver and if Karl would have recognized that a player like Jason Kidd would have been a perfect fit for Denver in 07/08, trust me, you would have seen a serious team in Denver. Denver not going farther in the playoffs was not AI's fault, it was the coach's and management's fault for not recognizing that ANY team with two true scorers needs a true point guard to run the show. The true coach on Denver this year wasn't George Karl, it was Billups. AI wasn't the problem in Denver.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Let me ask you this then.

Sessions is the top pick for most of us right now. AI at second.

Sessions has never had any problems before with any part of the league. AI...has.

Shouldnt that be enough right there? Last thing we need is someone who CAN become another steph.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #30
mjc1241

My previous posts state that if we don't get Sessions; get AI. Sessions would be a better long term fit but in the case that we don't get Sessions this summer, AI would be the next logical choice to me for this year.
AI and Steph are not the same type of player or person and never have been. One AI is older and more mature than Steph. Two, Steph has NEVER taken a team to the playoffs, AI has taken his team to the Finals and MULTIPLE playoff appearances. He is a winner. Three, AI has never been bashed by his teammates but Steph has at every stop he's been. Four, and most important, AI is a first ballot Hall of Fame player, Steph is not even close. Steph went way off the deep end with the Knicks because Isiah allowed him to and hung out with the dude chasing chicks. He gave Steph the keys to the house and Steph took a dump and broke the toilet. I don't think AI ever did that with Larry Brown or George Karl and I don't think that he will be doing that with Walsh and D'Antoni. As much as it is said that AI is a cancer on this forum, funny that even in Detroit he never had an issue with any teammate even when things were going bad, just how he felt he was being utilized by management and the head coach. Not like Michael Curry is still the head coach in Detroit and was fired because Dumars felt that he lost the team and was overmatched. Karl never said a peep about AI when he was in Denver as long as they were winning games but as soon as AI was gone, Karl starting popping off. You look at the Sixer teams that AI had and even the one he went to the Finals with and you tell me if AI did not carry every one of those teams. Steph couldn't carry his own luggage without whining. AI had no complimentary player but still went out, handled his business and took HIS team to the Finals. It definitely wasn't Eric Snow that was the heart of that team...

Last edited by mjc1241 : 07-31-2009 at 06:13 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: