Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #31
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: A.I. in NY???

Quote:
You honestly think A.I. is going to carry the Knicks on his shoulders to the play-offs and is superstar status? (cant wait to see what franchize has to say)

how'd i become a part of this?

since you so graciously called me out tho,i think itll b a dumb move.the only two teams A.I. would fit perfectly on is Miami and Philly.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #32
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplelefthook
I've said it before:

AI in NY would be interesting, but i watched him destroy the Nuggets for a year and a half. destroy is a strong word - but he held them back from being a championship caliber team... and he contributed to the team being a glorified streetball unit instead of a professional basketball club.

he also was notorious for his off the court partying - which i think contributed to denver's lackadaisical effort in many games and overall inconsistent play

I would like to comment on this statement. You are correct that destroy is a very strong word...BUT that is unfair to allen iverson. If you can remember back in Philly when AI was playin he took the sixers to the finals against the lakers remember that? It was David vs. Goliath remember that? AI did it by himself...who was on the team... Eric Snow, Aaron Mckie, damn i cant even remember. My point is AI took those sixers to the friggn finals with some mediocore role players on his team. I wouldnt call that destroying a team. So he parties so wat. Other Nba players smash 100 gurls and are proud of that. Thats irrelevant to playin ball. Wat matters is wat u bring on the court. So AI has a little thug in him, so wat, he is very professional on the court and like MJC was saying does wat he is supposed to do...man i wish i could rewind to like 10 yrs earlier when everyone was sweatin him. Not to bicker back and forth but "destroy" is a very strong word.

The bottom line is this D'antoni wants Sessions and Walsh wants IVERSON...If Walsh gives in to D'antoni, they will choose sessions. If they F that up some how Iverson will b a Knick...and if they F that up somehow, Williams will be a Knick, and if they F that up somehow, Tinsley will be a Knick, and if they F that up somehow Duhon will continue to be your starting PG with Douglas backing him up.

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 07-31-2009 at 06:31 PM.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

A.I. needs to be on a team who struggles to score and only had one other go to guy.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #34
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
A.I. needs to be on a team who struggles to score and only had one other go to guy.

Chandler, Wilson
Crawford, Joe
Curry, Eddy
Douglas, Toney
Duhon, Chris
Gallinari, Danilo
Harrington, Al
Hill, Jordan
Hughes, Larry
Hunter, Chris
Jeffries, Jared
Milicic, Darko
Mobley, Cuttino

(Nate and David not on the team yet)

you tell me who's scoring on this team (consistently)? I can point out maybe 3...better yet, who is the go to guy? Cause if there is one please let me know. I mean Harrington is my dude, so maybe him but who else?

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 07-31-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #35
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

Who is our go to guy right now? Right now the Knicks put up meaningless points. At least Phoenix was winning 50 plus games when they scored points. If AI were to come to town for one year, at least we would be getting someone who could score when it counted..at the end to win some games. He tried playing with another superstar in Melo and that didn't work. Maybe if he goes back to sqaure one and tries to change the attitude of a young team to that of a winning mentality, this might turn out to be his greatest challenge and accomplishment. You cannot dispute that this cat plays hard and has been a winner from college through the pros. If nothing else pans out and we do decide to go in the direction of AI for one year, what do you have to lose at the end of the day? I can guarantee you this, the Garden would have a little more electricity in the air....
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #36
mjc1241

Jerzey,
Harrington is not a go to guy and is doing what anyone would do in this system and that to score. I wouldn't count on Al winning a game for me when it is on the line.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #37
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1241
Jerzey,
Harrington is not a go to guy and is doing what anyone would do in this system and that to score. I wouldn't count on Al winning a game for me when it is on the line.

well there you go then there is no go to guy then...Chandler supposed to be that dude but i guess hasnt developed fully yet and thats about it i guess. So we just got a bunch of really good role players.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #38
mjc1241

AI is a pure scorer; that's what he does. He is not a point guard; never claimed to be one. His assists are based on the fact that he gets dribble penetration or double teams which leaves others open for baskets. Last pure scorer that the Knicks had was, and here I go again, Bernard King. He always felt that he could not be stopped no matter who was defending him. A cat that if you need a bucket or you need to go to the line, he's that dude and say what you want, AI is that dude. AI is one of the purest scorers that the league has had in the last 20 years and that's the truth.
Here's my feeling on the Detroit situation since that situation somehow makes AI the worst teammate in the world and a cancer. You know what AI did wrong in Detroit? He told the truth!! AI said what he felt and that was the fact that he was at his best when he starts and is on the floor. He believed then that he could still do his thing on the court and I have news for you, when you start to feel that you can't handle your BI, then it's time to quit. Almost every scorer in history, when they felt that they could not measure up to their standard of excellence walked away. Perfect example was Jerry West. He walked away form the game because he felt that he could not peform up to his standards; no because he still wasn't a good player. It was because he couldn't still be the GREAT player that he knew he was. AI still believes that he can be a top player in this league and what has him on the outside looking in today is that fact that he said what he felt. Seems to me that if he gets his chance, he's going to prove it.....If we get Sessions, that works but if we pass on AI in the case that we don't get Sessions, we miss out.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 PM   #39
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

For one year, and we don't have a starting point, I see no wrong in it.

When is the offer gonna be made to the starting backup.....Sessions?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #40
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
He still produced and you have never heard any teammate badmouth Iverson. I guess we would rather see Nate hang on the rim after a dunk and slap hands with Will Farrell than have a proven player come into the Garden and play his butt off. AI is a winner and always has been. Can't say that about any current Knick but they're smiling on the bench. I have NEVER seen Iverson OK with any loss in his career and the great ones aren't alright with it at any point. You can't teach that type of attitude. Like I said, there are players in the past that came to the Knicks that were supposed bad influences or selfish players that got respect because they came to play hard every night and expected that from the whole team. Not one time this year did I see anyone get in his teammate's face during a loss. AI would do that because he expects to win. The current Knicks don't expect to win, they HOPE to win; big difference. You want to go ahead and wait for something to happen, I want to bring in a player that is going to MAKE something happen. People who need friends buy dogs; people that want to win get players that can get it done. AI is that dude.

I'm a Long Island kid; born and bred in Nassau County but now living in GA. I remember back in the very early 80's when the Knicks had players like Ken Bannister, Eddie Lee Wilkins, Truck Robinson, Rory Sparrow and were one of the worst teams in the league. Players like Michael Ray Richardson and Ray Williams helped create a little buzz but couldn't fight their own demons. Bernard King comes along and single handedly changes the attitude in the Garden, putting the team on this back to beat the Pistons in the playoffs with the flu BY HIMSELF because he was a warrior. Dislocated fingers on each hand but goes through San Antonio, Houton and Dallas and puts up 50, 50 and 38 I believe. Then comes players like Ewing, Sprewell, LJ, Mase, Oak, MJack, XMan, Greg Anthony, Starks; players who had the one thing that you can't teach and every Knick fan appreciates...HEART! The Knicks never had the most talented team in the league but they always had heart and players who came to NY back in the late 80's and 90's KNEW that you had to play with heart. We sold out the Garden every game! We need one, just one of those players to give us some heart and AI has that in him. He can make a difference and since he played in Philly, he knows that NY would expect nothing less.

Nassau County? Thats where I live. In Malverne. lol
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #41
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
how'd i become a part of this?

since you so graciously called me out tho,i think itll b a dumb move.the only two teams A.I. would fit perfectly on is Miami and Philly.

Franchize i got you on this one.

You said earlier that he shouldnt be on a team with a guy whos the go to scorer already.

D-Wade lead the league in scoring last year, therfore...the Heat would be a bad choice.

On the other hand. I really like the idea of him going back to the Sixers...Brands health is questionable and Igudala I dont belive can do all the scoring on his own. + they just lost there pg
Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #42
mjc1241

Warrick signs with the Bucks so they may be hard pressed to match an offer for Sessions now. Problem is that Walsh claimed JWill off waivers and may sign him which might interfere with the 7 day period that the Bucks have to match. JWill doesn't fit NY; I would take Tinsley over JWill and take AI over both for one year if Sessions isn't coming.

Nassau County - lived in Westbury for most of my life then moved out to Bay Shore (Suffolk) before moving to GA.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:57 PM   #43
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Warrick signs with the Bucks so they may be hard pressed to match an offer for Sessions now. Problem is that Walsh claimed JWill off waivers and may sign him which might interfere with the 7 day period that the Bucks have to match. JWill doesn't fit NY; I would take Tinsley over JWill and take AI over both for one year if Sessions isn't coming.

Nassau County - lived in Westbury for most of my life then moved out to Bay Shore (Suffolk) before moving to GA.

Around 40 minutes from me
Old 07-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #44
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
ou tell me who's scoring on this team (consistently)? I can point out maybe 3...better yet, who is the go to guy? Cause if there is one please let me know. I mean Harrington is my dude, so maybe him but who else?

thats exactly why i said it would be a dumb move...wtf? R u on your period or something?whats your deal?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #45
mjc1241

Bucks sign Warrick but I now find out that they released Bruce Bowen and Salim Stoudamire. Looks like they are trying to move money to keep Sessions if an offer is made.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: