Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 PM   #31
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: Clippers Waive Mike Taylor

I know he's got fans, but Taylor's not that special, and he reminds me of a lot of guys who go between the D-League and the NBA. He should sign with the Hornets or the Knicks or some other team that needs a backup point guard who can run and give them some energy. The Clipps already have Telfair, who's basically at the same level as Taylor as far as talent and rawness.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #32
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'de take Telfair over Taylor.

I realize Telfair gets hated on because of all the hype he had in high school... but this kid really does have game.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 PM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
If Sasha is a decent role player than Mike Taylor is a decent role player.

Sasha shyts all over Taylor.

I don't even like Sasha (who does?), but the guy has serious game.

I'll probably get flamed for this... but Sasha could start at SG in the NBA for some teams.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 PM   #34
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

LAClipsFan33 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Sasha shyts all over Taylor.

I don't even like Sasha (who does?), but the guy has serious game.

I'll probably get flamed for this... but Sasha could start at SG in the NBA for some teams.

Saha gets 4 fouls in 10 minutes. I don't see how he could start and actually finish a game.
LAClipsFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 PM   #35
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:

I realize Telfair gets hated on because of all the hype he had in high school... but this kid really does have game.

If Telfair could just develop of floater or something so that he could finish around the rim, he'd actually be a pretty good player. I've never seen anyone get to the rim so effortlessly while maintaining a ts% below 50.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:46 PM   #36
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:

I second that.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #37
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

NYK-Bball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
I second that.

I third that.A lot of people haven't seen him play in a while cause he been in Minnesota.
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #38
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't have minded Telfair taking some of Mike's minutes if we could of just kept em both.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #39
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Dr. Hoopenstein has decent reputation

MTaylor didn't really play well in Vegas plus the RSession overtures combinedd w/ the Telfair trade the writnig was on the Clipper wall for MTaylor. He does have some crazy hops & dunks.

He should be able to find a new home in the NBA in 09/10.
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:58 AM   #40
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
If Telfair could just develop of floater or something so that he could finish around the rim, he'd actually be a pretty good player. I've never seen anyone get to the rim so effortlessly while maintaining a ts% below 50.

I reckon he's one of those guys who blows a million lay ups at the rim. Like you said, he needs to develop a floater and draw contact.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #41
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They'll regret this in a few years when Taylor turns out to be a very good scorer off the bench/fringe starter.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #42
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont see what others see. Mike Taylor to me, will always be about as "good" as you see him now. I dont see this kid ever averaging over 10ppg anywhere.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 AM   #43
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
They'll regret this in a few years when Taylor turns out to be a very good scorer off the bench/fringe starter.

I agree that this is his ceiling, but at worst, he will always be a defensive spark off the bench, along with a fan favorite for his athleticism.

Did I overreact when I first found out, yes, but that is because Mike quickly became my favorite Clipper since Quentin, but I'm going to give Dunleavy the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that since he's been here, we've made out pretty well in trades (well, except for trading down #2 in the 04 draft for #4 (Livingston) and #34 (Chalmers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
I dont see what others see. Mike Taylor to me, will always be about as "good" as you see him now. I dont see this kid ever averaging over 10ppg anywhere.

A lot of it has to do due to his explosiveness and energy off the bench. He never stops hustling and can throw down some nasty slams, plus, I loved his little floater and defensive intensity
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #44
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

We better be getting someone good. Ugh this means Sebastian Telfair better develop.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:43 AM   #45
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Mike can get his game under control, then yeah, i can see him getting way better, or just at least being consistant....he was a pretty firey small gaurd.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: