Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-18-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
trig
Decent college freshman

Default need your advice

Here's My current line-up in a 10 team league

The scoring is based on
FG% FT% 3PTM PTS REB AST ST BLK TO

PG G. Arenas
SG Paul Pierce
SF R. Artest
PF D. Howard
F C. Villianueva
C B Diaw
C C Frye
G D. Williams
UTL T. Prince
UTL A. Nocioni
BN A.Bogut
BN Ja. Will
BN C. Wilcox

Trades so far...( i think i made some good trades)
krstic,ford - Pierce, Ja.Will
josh howard - arenas <--wow

I have a pending trade of Wilcox,deron for Joe johnson w/c my oponent said he will approve

I'm trying to get Josh Smith to improve my blocks but having a hard time getting him.

players in FA

Pryzbilla
Wells
KevinMartin
Barbosa
brevKnight
R.gay
R.Gomes

what do should be my next move?
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Well, good job on all 3 of those trades... although it seems like you're in a league with a bunch of idiots. As for your next move, i'd drop J-Will for Gay, Martin, or Wells.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
I have a pending trade of Wilcox,deron for Joe johnson w/c my oponent said he will approve

I'm trying to get Josh Smith to improve my blocks but having a hard time getting him.

players in FA

Pryzbilla
Wells
KevinMartin
Barbosa
brevKnight
R.gay
R.Gomes

what do should be my next move?

Getting arenas for howard was very nice. Kristic/Ford for Pierce/JaWill is insane. Seems like a clueless league. Granted bot Krstic and Ford are going to just get better and better starting this year so their value is quite underestimated in general all over the fantasy community looking how drafts a re falling, however, in this trade - even with said undersestimated value of Krstic/Ford - you still swindled the hell out of that other fantasy owner.

I think your block situation isnt of the biggest concernt. You gotta be concerned first and foremost with Points and 3's. Your team is solid in a 10 person league, but you are most likely far short with 3's and next shortest in PTS. BLKs are below the avg for a 10 person league, but helping your 3's helps your PTS and visa-versa should be your focus right now - easy to do cuz they're complementary categories. BLKS will most likely help FG%, REBS and STLS indirectly, but these are categories you don't need help with.

While I really like Wilcox's value this year now starting a full season in SEA, I think Joe Johnson is someone you need on your team. HE can blow up in ATL any given night for 36 pts and 5 3's. I am torn on that one though because I just see Wilcox coming hard out of the woodwork this year.

Here's what I'd do: I'd take that Wilcox trade off. Offer Bogut and Nocioni, or Frye and Nocioini for Joe Johnson. Pick up definitely Bonzi Wells and maybe even Kevin Martin too. I think Bonzi is gonna have a fantastic year. Kevin Martin is going to explode in SAC I feel. I dont think Gay deserves to be on a 10 team league. 12 or so teams may make him worth the risk to draft late. And with Nocioni you are getting a starting SF that with 1) the addition of Wallace and 2) the increasing improvement of their young players - both his offence and defensive numbers should get worse, or at least not improve any which is just as bad.

If you can do something like that (2 for 1 trade and drop/add) then you make up the REBS, STLS, and 85% of the blocks you trade a way. You gain heavily in PTS and 3's which is what you need right now. Plus you are picking up 2 players in Kevin Martin and Wells that will most certainly be picked up after the first week of ball. Just check out their Game Logs from last year. Check Wells ealry and late before and after his injury, especially the playoffs. Then chekc Martin in the middle/late season (like December to March). Man they are monsters when they get to run around on the floor.

So, here is what your team can look something like. I would hold off on the Wilcox -> Johnson trade right now if you can't swing FRYE+ or BOGUT+ just to see exactly how your team fares for PTS. I could be wrong about your lack of PTS, but I don't think I'm wrong that Wilcox could become a beast in SEA. He could come out avg'ing close to 20/10 and shooting 60%.

PG G. Arenas / G. Arenas
SG Paul Pierce / Paul Pierce
SF R. Artest / R. Artest
PF D. Howard / D. Howard
F C. Villeneuva C. Villeneuva
C B Diaw / B. Diaw
C C Frye / Wilcox
G D. Williams . Joe Johnson
UTL T. Prince / Kevin Martin
UTL A. Nocioni / Bonzi Wells
BN A.Bogut / Frye
BN Ja. Will / D. Williams
BN C. Wilcox / T. Prince

Last edited by Tess Squad : 10-18-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
trig
Decent college freshman

Thanks for a nice detailed advice

I just took a different and risky strategy for my draft. I focused on sf pf and C w/c is a premium not only in fantasy world but also in real nba. So i got guys like Dwight, krstic, diaw, bogut, frye then quickly picked up wilcox from FA.

the result? my opponents got loaded w/ guards and scorers. 1 team got arenas, j. johnson and iverson but his front line sucks so I was able to get arenas and j.johnson for ja. will, wilcox, josh howard. I really like wilcox but i traded him right away before my oponent wakes up and realize that johnson and arenas are super fantasy players hehe(plus frye also has the same potential)

1 team got kobe, tmac pierce, gordon, melo, so i was able to get pierce and ja. will for krstic and ford

after my trades take effect, i will have 12 players and will pickup 1 from FA

Somebody has just dropped Danny Granger, and josh childress. So im thinking of getting granger. but the numbers of wells, KevinMartin are really tempting plus I'm already loaded w/ sf(i also have a gut feeling that Ghill will have a good atleast 1/2 season)

I'm trying to look for a 2for1 trade, still looking for needy teams hehe

do you think Peja for nocioni, prince is a good trade for me? then I just pick up another guy from the fa

if yes, I'll try to get peja with my gm powers hehe
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

Quote:
krstic,ford - Pierce, Ja.Will
josh howard - arenas <--wow

holy crap! how did you pull these off?!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

It really doesn't say much for your opposition. While you're at it, you might as well trade Prince for Kobe and Jason Williams for Nash. Just to round things out.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: