Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have signed free agent forward Ike Diogu. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not released.

“We’re excited to have Ike join our team and expect him to help the frontline off the bench this season,” said Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower. “He has shown a lot of potential as an inside scorer and as an effective rebounder.”

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4640

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-29-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Breaky Noose - Ike Diogu to Hornets deal close

It's about time the Hornets realize that Hilton Armstrong, Ryan Bowen, Sean Marks, and Melvin Ely aren't going to get the job done. They are finally going after some young, better bigs.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

analysis- not a major move in the scheme of things but it adds another much needed big body, a legit big man at 6'9" 250. Okafor feels more like a PF to me but I guess we're to assume he starts at center and the big easy d-weezy (david west) plays the 4. Diogu still might have some upside if he can find his way, seems like there will be plenty of minutes for him with the only other "big man" bench players being Hilton Armstrong and Melvin Ely.

edit- god love Ryan Bowen, one of the few I-hawks to make a career in the association. When Ryan retires we'll be down to Reggie Evans, Ricky Davis, and Don Nelson for active hawkeyes.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

ike's the man
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Diogu isn't a legit center, he's a scoring 6'8" power forward with a good low post game and decent mid range jumper. He's still got a lot of potential, well see of he can figure it out.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Ike is a beast IMO

He has a decent mid range game, good post game and a good rebounder especially for his size.

Great pick up and great fit next to Okafor. (I know David West is the starter but Diogu will get time next to Okafor also.)
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

LAClipsFan33 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

ike's the man

Ike's my role model

LAClipsFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lol, good to see you edited the post.

He's 6'6.5" without shoes, actually undersized for the power forward spot too.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

LAClipsFan33 has decent reputation

Ike was totally unstoppable at Arizona State. I'm rooting for him to get comfortable somewhere and find his rhythm again.
LAClipsFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

After he was traded, I think I remember reading a local columnist, maybe in The Columbian (a paper in SW Washington) talking about how he had all this unrealized potential because he was so lazy and refused to work hard.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
AK 3K
Mushroom Mountain

AK 3K has an OK reputation so far

Solid big if he can find a place in the rotation..
AK 3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

he never gets minutes; i don't know enough about him to know why- but i have seen that he can score. he has only played 24+ minutes 20 times in his 4 year career. in those 20 games he has averaged:

29.5 mpg 56% fg 81% ft 15.6 ppg 7.9 rpg.

maybe the hornets found themselves a good player?
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom

"breaky noose" is kind of like that old joke about what time the chinaman goes to the dentist, when his "tooth hurty" (2:30)

ESPN- Sources: Hornets Close In On Deal With Ike Diogu
ah, my second favorite chinaman joke.

I dont really see this being all that for the NOH. Ike had not been able to stay on the court on any of the teams hes been on (which have all had a need for a player like him). I dont see that changing.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Lol, good to see you edited the post.

He's 6'6.5" without shoes, actually undersized for the power forward spot too.

yeah, i don't know why i thought he was 6'11". i think maybe i was mixing him up with bender or something, they were both pacer prospects around the same time. anyways, yeah, he's listed at 6'9" and that's usually padded. my little google search led me to find out that he has a 7'4" wingspan and he was born on 9-11 which likely makes him a terrorist
Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Ike's a beast, he'll break out somewhere. I remember I wanted the lakers to take him #10 in the bynum draft.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: