Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #16
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Yi's offseason.

I need to know if Yi can become a 3rd option guy. He seems capable when he's the man of the team, but how does he do knowing that Devin is going to be the primary perimeter scorer and Brook is the primary scorer in the paint? Can he find open spaces? Can he set good picks and pop into a rhythm shot? How does his confidence fare when he's not being looked at as the first option on offense? Can he stay focused? Those are more important questions to me.

I love that he seems to be getting better, but it's not easy to go from being the man all summer to being almost a role player on your other team. I wonder how he responds and adjusts to that. If he can be that guy who consistently brings his A game as a 3rd option, he can be a fantastic player for us. Hopefully his rebounding got better as well, I'd be very happy with 14/7 from him on a nightly basis.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #17
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I need to know if Yi can become a 3rd option guy. He seems capable when he's the man of the team, but how does he do knowing that Devin is going to be the primary perimeter scorer and Brook is the primary scorer in the paint? Can he find open spaces? Can he set good picks and pop into a rhythm shot? How does his confidence fare when he's not being looked at as the first option on offense? Can he stay focused? Those are more important questions to me.

I love that he seems to be getting better, but it's not easy to go from being the man all summer to being almost a role player on your other team. I wonder how he responds and adjusts to that. If he can be that guy who consistently brings his A game as a 3rd option, he can be a fantastic player for us. Hopefully his rebounding got better as well, I'd be very happy with 14/7 from him on a nightly basis.

If YI can put up the same numbers as he did in China and do it consistently, he might be the # 2 man...The Nets are a perfect team for him to be the MAN he just has to prove it...cause outside of harris and lee wat other options do we have on offense?
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
If YI can put up the same numbers as he did in China and do it consistently, he might be the # 2 man...The Nets are a perfect team for him to be the MAN he just has to prove it...cause outside of harris and lee wat other options do we have on offense?

I don't know what Lee has shown you to lead you to think he can be a legitimate option on offense. All I really have seen is that he's good on the break and can hit an open shot. He isn't creating that much for himself and I don't know if he can. I'd take Brook in the post well before Lee.

I doubt Lee will put up the same numbers as he did for China. Yao was putting up like 35/15 in China and he hasn't come close to that in the NBA. For me to say 14/7 it may be even a stretch.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #19
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I don't know what Lee has shown you to lead you to think he can be a legitimate option on offense. All I really have seen is that he's good on the break and can hit an open shot. He isn't creating that much for himself and I don't know if he can. I'd take Brook in the post well before Lee.

I doubt Lee will put up the same numbers as he did for China. Yao was putting up like 35/15 in China and he hasn't come close to that in the NBA. For me to say 14/7 it may be even a stretch.

My bad i meant Harris and Lopez...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Haha, uh, seeing those pictures of the bulk-up Yi Jianlian my first thought is, there's gonna be some 'substance' testing from the league in the near future
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

third day into my vaca, so not much chance to post images / results.

how did yi do in that three game stretch?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

late post, but i love yi's lateral jumping power here against lebanon, a near-standing jump at the baseline to finish in the air right at the hoop. not special in basketball terms, but pretty good for an asian 7-footer.

blow this gif up to see:
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/BBALL/l1.gif
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: