Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-18-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
dffsaf
Banned

dffsaf has an OK reputation so far
Default little stands in way of raptors taking Aldridge #1

Quote:
Chris Bosh may no longer be the lone star from the Lone Star state next season when the Raptors gather for training camp.

There has been a lot of talk about Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo leaning towards drafting Italian forward Andrea Bargnani with the No.1 overall pick on July 28. But after yesterday's workout by LaMarcus Aldridge at the Air Canada Centre, that sentiment could change.

Aldridge, a 6-foot-11 forward who averaged 15 points and 9.2 rebounds for Texas last season, reportedly impressed the Toronto braintrust in an individual workout.

Aldridge also is good friends with Bosh, and Kelly admitted that could factor in the team's decision-making. Bosh has let it be known he would not be averse to having Aldridge as a teammate next season.

"I would like to come play here," he said. "It's a great team, a great organization on the rise, they have a great group of young guys who are getting better with every game."

"I would love it."

after all that Bargnani hype it looks like the raptors will indeed take it safe 2 weeks from now and pick Aldridge :rollingeyes:....it seems it only took a good workout by aldridge for the raptors to drop bargnani and give Bosh what he wants...maybe thats why Bosh is so excited about signing his new contract next month, good idea to keep arguably the best young bigman in the game happy, especially when hes playing for you....
dffsaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
MavsLakerfan4eva
I brick open layups

MavsLakerfan4eva has no real reputation yet.

Bosh is overrated.
MavsLakerfan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #3
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Aldridge already. He doesn't have a narrow mind towards playing for a Canadian team like most NBA players do (well that and more $ if he is the first pick). Either pick Aldridge or trade down to get Marcus. Those are the only scenarios I like.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

The ignore feature is so useful for idiots like MavsLakerfan4eva
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
MavsLakerfan4eva
I brick open layups

MavsLakerfan4eva has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement

I don't see the Rockets in the finals. Sit down! *checkmate

MavsLakerfan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #6
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement

A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors are taking Bargnani.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #8
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Aldridge, Bosh, Villa will be an awesome forntline for the next 10+ years.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #9
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Bargnani could be the next Dirk, while Aldridge could be the next Tyson Chandler. I'd like to see Bargnani get picked. Imagine the problems for teams trying to defend a center, power forward, and small forward that can stretch out to the three-point arch.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Bargnani could be the next Dirk, while Aldridge could be the next Tyson Chandler.
Bargnani could be the next Vlad Radmanovic while Aldridge could be the next Tim Duncan... see it can go either way.

I'll be happy with either Aldridge, Bargnani or Gay. I really don't care which just as long the management takes who they think is the best talent available.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #11
humrey

Aldridge is not the next tim duncan are you insane? Even as a best case scenario he doesn't touch that potential.

I don't know if you guys are watching the italian championship finals, but Barg is putting up very nice numbers against the best competition outside the NBA....he's in the finals, at 20yrs old, starting and putting up 16-17 pts in 30 odd minutes in a league dominated by veteran status.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #12
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

SirPresident has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'll be happy with either Aldridge, Bargnani or Gay. I really don't care which just as long the management takes who they think is the best talent available.

No doubt, truth be told though i would be most excited about Gay.
SirPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #13
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsLakerfan4eva
I don't see the Rockets in the finals. Sit down! *checkmate

Shut the **** up you bandwagoning *****. You don't see the Rockets in the Finals because we were hit the mosts injured plagued season of any team in the NBA this season. You want to talk **** about that? Does that make you feel about about yourself? Does that make you sound intelligent?

Who the hell is going to respect someone who has two favorite teams?

Pick one, *****.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Aldridge also is good friends with Bosh, and Kelly admitted that could factor in the team's decision-making.
I hate the tone the article takes. As if it's even a decision. It's not a decision! Aldridge will be a near-all-star at worst; Bargnani is the most certain and obvious bust ever. Not only that but Bargnani is such a horrible fit for the Raptors that there should be a new word added to the English language to describe it that would mean "really, really, really, really ****ing horrible."

If Colangelo picks Bart over Aldridge... wow. Just wow. If you decide Aldridge will be a bust, fine, TRADE THE PICK. But even if Bart turns into Dirk Nowitzski overnight he still doesn't fit and he still doesn't solve any team needs. And they have a LOT of needs.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Aldridge is not the next tim duncan are you insane? Even as a best case scenario he doesn't touch that potential.
I know. It wasn't the point of my post anyways, I just pulled out a random great player's name.

I just want this draft to happen so we know who the Raptors have for next year. I'm really not any draft bandwagons either, it's just too hard to pick out who you think will be the best in this class (and that's not a good thing). Initially I wanted Aldridge and no one else but that has lessened a bit. I still know I don't want Thomas or Morrison on the Raptors though.

Quote:
But even if Bart turns into Dirk Nowitzski overnight he still doesn't fit and he still doesn't solve any team needs.
That's a pretty dumb thing to say. EVERY team in the NBA could use a talent like Dirk, screw positional needs when you get a superstar player like that. Dirk would "fit" on every team in the league.

I don't think Bargnani will ever be as good as Dirk but no reasonable GM or any other high-up person in management would ever follow your line of thinking there.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 06-18-2006 at 10:13 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: